South Crescent

Port Alberni, British Columbia

Many residents of this street claim that their houses are haunted. Such reported activity includes: doorknobs turning by themselves, footsteps coming from upstairs rooms, phone lines going dead, people being strangled by the air, and dogs howling for no apparent reason.

Sylvie Lavergne says:

January 25, 2006, 2:18 am

I lived in one of these houses…for a short 6 months till my family had enough of these strange occurences. 6 years or so after I moved out of this home I drove by in my car, just to see if anyone was living there (people come and go faster than you can keep track of). Right in front of the house the windshield of my vehicle cracked from end to end. It’s weird the excuses you try to make to explain this stuff, like that it was cold outside and by the time I had reached the house my car had warmed up and that’s what made it crack, but with all that’s happened I know something strange is going on with that house. I am terrified of this house yet drawn and curious about it.

Sabryna Dufore says:

April 19, 2006, 5:38 pm

so they were strangled by the air did anyone ever die or was it just a 3 second kinda thing?

doris says:

May 31, 2006, 3:49 am

I was wondering ,,,, what is the name of the street in Port Alberni. It would be interesting to g oby there.

Jenna Dorn says:

September 21, 2006, 8:02 pm

Is 4409 Gertrude Street in Port Alberni, B.C. haunted?

Tabya Kilm says:

September 21, 2006, 8:22 pm

Most of port alberni is haunted

Tabya Kilm says:

September 21, 2006, 8:27 pm

4409 Gertrude Street – not haunted

Tabya Kilm says:

September 21, 2006, 8:29 pm

no haunted houses on gertrude street

Tabya Kilm says:

September 21, 2006, 8:31 pm

not true no haunted houses on gertrude

Professor David Lamski says:

September 21, 2006, 8:45 pm

No houses on Gertrude Street Port Alberni are or were haunted at any point in time. Professor David Lamski

Celia Brownlee says:

October 14, 2006, 11:57 pm

I used to Live on Fawlie street up from maquinna school, and I was sure our house had to be hounted. It just had to be, like one night i was laying in bed and all of a sodden my staro went on. my mom got mad at me and went to unplug it out of the wall. but top to realize. it wasnt pluged in to begin with. then some nights later i was home alone babysitting my little sister who were already asleep in there room on the second floor while me talking to my boyfriend on the phone. Something made me stop talking and i realized someone was screaming down stairs. i went to check on my sisters and they were still sleeping.But Who made that screaming sound, so i went to see it my self… As soon as i found there wasnt anything making the sound..no person..no animal…to be seen. I walked back up stairs and I felt as if someone was watching me so i turned around and saw this black figure standing at the bottem of the stairs looking at me(or at least I thought it was) And I went to turn on the light to see who it was but when i looked back he or It was gone. Just be glad im noot living there no more.

gary says:

November 4, 2006, 11:51 pm

this house on anderson avenue is prob one the most haunted.lived in it for bout 2years wen i wuz 5 and it wuz creepy.the basement felt so uncomfortable that me and my siblings would only go down there together.and didnt help wen our neighbours said the family that lived there went somwhere and never came bak.i saw walk into the washroom that looked like my dad and come bak out and wen i went in his room he wuznt there..i asked mom and she said hes at work yer seeing things..
birds would tap on the windows at times
would here water runnning and noises as if sumone wuz living there.but the most screwed up thing that allways bugged me wuz the downstairs closet in a bedroom which had wierd things left behind and there wuz a cement wall which had a two inch gap beside it and wen using a lite u could c another wall bout 8feet behind it…creeeeeeeepy

pedro says:

November 25, 2006, 10:13 pm

I lived on South Cres way back in the day..1995.The house we lived in had weird latin stuff written in the garage, and the people who lived there before told us they’d found little clay skulls scattered in the yard.They told us the toilets had been flushing by themselves… I didn’t believe any of it until after we moved in I was in the basement, I was the only one there and I heard footsteps coming from upstairs and eventually stomping. Went to check it out and there was nothing there. freaked me out.

Freddy Couger says:

February 13, 2007, 2:44 pm

I just moved to a new house and i had a couple of friends over then one of the girls suggest we play bloody mary so we all decided it was a good idea….At the time…. Then one of the girls said bloody mary in the mirror (She was in there alone) then we heard screaming so we all struggled to open the door it wouldnt budge then it flew open and the girl was gone there was blood every where and my mirror was cracked…..later on we moved out of the house!!!!P.S I didnt realy like the girl anyways she was a wannabe popular *****!

bobobo says:

February 13, 2007, 7:43 pm

I love hot dogs especially at night in my bed

skie says:

December 15, 2007, 4:46 pm

Have you guys ever heard of any haunted houses up in maine?? well, i lived in one for 7 years! I moved in wen i was like 9 1/2. wen me and my siblings went upstairs to pick out our bedrooms, we all felt a cold pressants (sry, dont know how to spell it), well while living in the house for a few years, nothing ever happened, well, besides creeking noises and tiny things, but then my little brother, james, always talked about having a new friend, he said his name was eric. we all thought it was kinda weird because he was a little too old for having a immaginary friend but we just ended up thinking that hes not having a good time at school with real friends. my mother started talking about moving one night when she had gotten a better job. then that was wen all the freaky stuff started to happen. The first scary thing that happened was with me and my brother. i was sleeping and my brother came in too wake me up because he had to go to the bathroom, ( lol, he’s scared to go the bathroom by himself) wen he just started crying and screaming, i kept on telling him to shut up but he yelled closet! i finally looked up and i saw a man that was white as a dentist’s tooth, he was shaking like he was having a ceasure, and his head was moving around in arkward positions. his mouth was as wide as he could put it, blood was spilling out of his chest. James and i was staring in horror, my little sister was sleeping on the bed next to the man, i grabbed her and we all ran into the hall, i turned on the light, i hid james and my sister in the toy closet, when i finally had my mind back,, i checked my bedroom, NOTHING, then i felt cold air whip across my face! i went to the closet and grabbed my siblings, we went downstairs, unable to sleep, and i called my mother. ( of course, she didn’t believe us, but she thought it was weird that we say that we saw the same thing. a few days later, she fell asleep on the couch. all of a sudden, she felt some one poke her, 3 times. she woke up and saw no one, yet, she checked the apartment and found noting, but ta door was unlocked so she locked it, went upstairs to her room and laid down to fall asleep, but she felt something touch the bottom of her foot, my sister jumped up on her and kissed her on the cheek, my mother ran to the hallway in shock because all of us kids were at my fathers house for the weekend! i have more things to let u guys all know about the apartment. our apartment # was not the only family apartment that was haunted but all of the apartments was haunted. i’ll let u guys know where this haunted apartment is, 169 Bartlett street, Lewiston, Maine.

Shevaun says:

January 2, 2008, 4:15 am

I live in a 98 year old character home. You know the one, on Argyle street across the theatre. It is three level, 13 bed-rooms, three weird nooks (storage), three living rooms, four bathrooms, two laundry rooms and a dining hall and kitchen. It also has two sun decks and two luxury decks, one with a 20 foot pool.
It sounds cool but it gets a little weird at night. My 3 year old daughter tells me that someone lives inside the bathroom window, itès a young woman, sometimes when she goes to have a bath late at night she taps quickly on the window and says go away quietly. there is a hand print on that window that won’t come off. The bottom part of it has a cross and a J and S inside the glass. the light sometimes won’t come on becauser the bulb has loosened itself and you have to climb up and tighten it every couple of days. She has made contact with many people in the house. I ran into her face to face when I was getting out of the shower. She looked terrifying and all carved out in the steam that filled the room.
my daughter also says that there is an ugly little boy who bothers her in the night. She refuses to sleep by herself.
There is a room on the bottom floor that we all call the “green room”. When we moved in we all agreed that it had an earie feeling. We took the door off of the hinges but it made the feeling worst and we all agreed to put it back on and lock it. It makes noises even though it has no plumming or windows connected to it and last week I found blood and hand prints all over the door. I asked every one in the house if they had cut them selves or anything to explain it but noone knew where it had come from. Its a spot in the house that we all hurry past late at night. I’ve seen the face of the boy that hides in there, so has my husband and a guest of the house. My brother also took a pic of a little boys face with his camera phone when there was noone there. He was pretty rattled.
there are three room mates on the third floor who have seen a man standing in the hall at night when they need a drink of water or to use the can. He is there for just a seccond and then he hides himself from view. But they can hear him walking softly past their doors. And you can smell Cherry cigar smoke through out the hall.
every night my husband and I go down stairs to hang with my younger brother who lives down there, and we hear little kids running and banging around. My daughter does awaken in the night often so I always check it out. There is noone awake, the lights are out and even the dog is asleep. Weève even gotten complaints from the couple that llive in the basement suit below us.
Recently my husband hasn’t been sleeping because he was assaulted in the night. Someone punched her in the top of the foot. It was all red. He jumped up out of his sleep and yelled out. There was noone there. The dog looked terrified cowering in the corner and looking up at the celing.
The dog growls and barks in the night for no reason alot more now. For a while it was getting pretty serious, but I think we have a handle on things now.
Others have seen things, reflections, shadows and had all kinds of feelings… it’s pretty cool!
I’ll write more about the psychic that I had through the house and about protection spells that i use to keep my family safe.
So if your ever in need of a place to crash come on by the house across from the theatre… we have all kinds of room and “all” kinds of roomates.

s & s says:

July 20, 2008, 3:04 am

This question is directed to Professor David Lamski. Or anyone else that might have the “answers”…

Does anyone know any history on Seaton Park in Port Alberni BC? We discovered this Provincial Park and when taking pictures down there, we noticed “orbs” floating around our heads. We have also heard noises and “cracks” in the bushes.

We have been told that at one time, many people had been killed/buried along the Somass River around that area. Does anyone have any actual history on this park?

We do have pictures to back up our claims (polarid & digital pictures are available).

me says:

November 30, 2008, 2:49 am

hi i dont normally believe in goasts but strang things have been hapening n the house by the theoter to my foot was being pulled when i was asleep to and many other things also

Psychic Reader says:

March 23, 2009, 11:28 pm

This response is to Shevaun.I know you probabaly believe the events in your house are real but rest assured I am picking up nothing from your house but alot from you.Shevaun you have a need for attention which probably leads you into some addiction problems in your life ie:drugs or alcohol.You probably play with Quija boards or hold seances to try to prove to others the ridiculous story that you just told here.Try paying more attention to your children so the don’t have to make up imaginary friends as you have spun this into “Ghostly encounters”.People are subject to suggestion,great story,way to fabricated-This guy that guy-3 year old,and the dog barking.Thank You for the laugh,i’ll take the dog b.j story over yours,at least it was funny,yours was just sad.

reha says:

July 21, 2009, 4:58 pm

I belive anderson avenue in port alberni is for sure haunted

gdanjou says:

July 25, 2009, 12:24 pm

I was really interstead in read most the comments on this web page ,regarding ‘hauntings’ but then came across a few that should have never need allowed to be posted,doesn’t any one check out these out before they are put out for the public to view?

beck says:

September 11, 2009, 4:58 pm

I heard that the Somass is haunted…anyone heard the same?

QualicumGuy says:

January 28, 2010, 1:02 am

Dear “s&s”, there’s no such thing as orbs. That’s just dust showing up on your digital camera.

Psychic Reader-> well said. There’s heavy drug use in that house.

bud says:

April 2, 2010, 2:01 am

Ive heard of a story about a native lady’s ghost who wonders up and down papermill dam park on the somass river. Appparently she is lookin for her kid who apparently drowned there. has anyone else heard if this story?

QualicumGuy says:

April 21, 2010, 2:21 am

Yeah, i’ve heard the same story. I dunno.. almost sounds like an old wives tale. Sorta like the one about the train that supposedly derailed into Cameron Lake. 😛

Tara says:

May 3, 2010, 4:43 pm

does anyone know any people and kids dying the 2500 block of 8th ave? I have a picture of my daughter with a little girl standing next to her with old fashioned clothes on and she is black and white.

skeptic 101 says:

June 18, 2010, 4:07 pm

Hey Tara i would like to see this picture.

luci says:

July 17, 2010, 7:09 pm

watz up with the footsteps upstairs cant they be down stairs 2 but since i dont live there i wouldnt now.

H.T. says:

October 24, 2010, 1:37 am

I was born and raised in Port Alberni. I’m curious about some of your stories because i used to frequent a lot of places that you mention when i lived there and never saw anything.
For one which house on S.Cresent? House number perhaps? I lived inbetween S.Cresent and Melrose for years. Never saw or heard anything except for bats on summer nights. For those that are curious 8th ave school is two blocks up.
I wouldn’t doubt if the Somass is haunted but never saw anything there either and used to frequent that area as a kid at night. We even went as far as to sit at the end of the docks when the storms would come in once in a while.
The giant house across from the Paramount theatre used to house disabled people there for years. The one with the about a 3 or 4 ft cement wall in front. Half way house if you will.
Anderson? Frequented that street as well many times because i had friends that used to live up there. Never heard a word.
As i got into my teens we hung out at Paper Mill Dam a lot! Summer days and summer nights.Not to mention Dolans pit.
My friends and i were the reason they put up that yellow gate there. No there wasn’t one there before ever!
The caretaker used to drink himself to the point of passing out in the middle of the floor. We used to party there and at the pump house.
Never heard anything ever. One drunk first nations guy drowned just down from the bathrooms one summer in a couple of feet of water. We watched as they pulled him out of the water. He was very blue.Very erie…
The only haunted story i can tell you i have heard of in Port Alberni is at the Catholic cemetery. Supposedly back in the day when they had that old school on the reservation which was up when i was a kid and is gone and buried for years now.
They supposedly buried some of the first nations children in the back of the cemetery behind those trees that are there. You might see or hear something there,but i never believed in hanging out at a cemetery unless i was paying my condolences to friends or family. It’s a respect thing.
Any questions i’ll try and answer them.
Last of all there was a dr. years back that hung himself in the garage from the rafters. It was the green house 2 or 3 houses down from the union hall. You know the one down from Sears and what i think is Zellers which used to be Woodwards for years…

Veronne says:

July 26, 2011, 1:34 am

I was raised in Port Alberni but left in the early 80’s. When I was from the age of 3 to 6, we lived in a house on Burde Street. I am surprised the house is still standing. When we were residing in this particular home it was already antiquated and falling apart. My sister and I shared a room and in our room was a little staircase which led up to the attic or small top loft as you will. For many nights I experienced seeing and apparition which was of an older lady standing on the second stair. There was other events which occured in the house as well, but, this one of course, was the most intense. At times I could hear her feet sweep across the floor up in this little loft as well. At the age I was, you would think this would be quite eerie for a child to experience, yet, I actually found her to be very calming. Everytime I am back in Port, I drive by the house and I feel a sense of sadness come over me. I know a lot of homes and areas in Port are haunted. Exspecially houses from blocks 5th ave up to 14th ave. A lot of those older homes were built in the world war two era.

Veronne says:

July 26, 2011, 1:43 am

Tara, I lived on 8th Avenue through the seventies…

Veronne says:

July 26, 2011, 1:46 am

And yes Bud…..I have heard of that story pertaining to Paper Mill Dam

Elizabeth says:

September 2, 2011, 6:25 am

I’ve lived in Port for 50 years. Veronne, I used to do a little old lady’s hair that lived in the loft at the house I think you’re referring to. She was quite nice when she was alive. :) As for Morgan crescent, a woman was brutally murdered there her killer is still on the loose, I wouldn’t be surprised it was haunted. As for the house across the street from the theatre. It is definitely haunted and is well documented to be so, by many many people who have lived there throughout the years. I lived in a haunted 4 plex on Mary st. We experienced many strange things while living there. Hangers all piled on the floor of the closet by themselves, foot steps, banging in the kitchen, doors opening and closing by themselves, tv turning on by itself or suddenly being turned to full volume, things being moved, a bucket of water suddenly sliding across the room and dumped on the floor. Really bad smell that would suddenly come and go, being touched etc… We had a party there once and 10 people witnessed some of the phenomena. The adjoining neighbor also experienced many of the things we did, the smells, things moving, being touched etc.. the final straw for her was when her hair brush flew across the room and almost hit her and a roll of tape that was laying flat on her dresser did the same thing. She moved.

Joe says:

December 31, 2011, 2:17 am

I have a friend who lived on south crescent and claimed his house was haunted. He said he used to get pushed around in his bed and several other things like this

Andrea Davidosn says:

April 8, 2012, 1:41 am

very interesting hearing all of these stories! i’ll have to see if i can check out any of those places at all. My boyfriend lives on josephine street and once saw a shape of a person walking across the lawn into this field where they had discovered some native artifacts at one time. He said he felt it was friendly and just “passing through’ so to speak. He said that the word ‘lightwalker’ passed through his mind although he didn’t know what that meant. And no, no drugs were involved of any kind, lol

port alberni says:

August 5, 2012, 4:09 pm

is there any places or direct houses in port alberni that are actually haunted?

ERIC GROOTVELD says:

May 1, 2013, 10:43 pm

we live above the old coho book store at 4841 Johnston rd.We see and hear weird things every nite.This is haunted,but you get to live with it after awhile,they cant hurt you because they have no substance.i welcome them to talk to us but they havemt yet.

leah says:

July 23, 2013, 10:43 am

Not that anyone has really been on here but… The comment about the river, that rattles me. This past Saturday I was tubing down the river with a few friends. We go from the riffle range down to the pump house. there are two MAIN breaks in the river and if you’ve been down you’ll know what I’m talking about. Anyways, at the second break one friend and I had gone right whereas everyone else had gone left which didn’t matter because it meets up again fairly quickly. I am one to close my eyes and enjoy the ride down especially in the calmer areas but for some reason I felt like I needed to open them so I did. we both seen a woman and I swear on my life she was there and then disappeared. She came up from out of the water and walked up a little path.. only she didnt go to the top, about 4 steps up she turned as uf to face us then was gone. I know many will not believe this but she was in all white and the thing that gets me the most is her hair looked completely dry, she climbed out of the water so how could this be ? I’m just wondering if anyone else has seen this, heard of it or Any of the sorts… I’ve NEVER seen anything that has left me feeling so uncomfortable before.

Shanon Sinn says:

August 15, 2013, 4:21 pm

Some really interesting stories, it’s unfortunate, some of those troll comments.

I’ve been gathering information on haunted locations across Vancouver Island over the past year, creating a list of sites across the island. I avoid private homes for the most part however. I had added South Crescent & Stamp Falls before, but have now included Somass River as well. It was great reading your comments. I mentioned your account Leah – not by name – as I think that is a really interesting experience, and it corroborates other people’s accounts. Thank you for sharing!

Unfortunately, I’ve never had any experiences of my own in Port Alberni, but I love the Steampunk Cafe! If I was a ghost I would be haunting that place.

Ryan says:

August 24, 2013, 8:39 pm

House on 14th ave Port Alberni = Haunted like crazy. Behind Hospitality Inn. OMG Multiple owners have experienced things.

old pdot resi says:

October 24, 2013, 8:43 pm

Ryan: how do you know that house is haunted? Anyone else know any history about this house. Very interesting stories. I’ve heard about the house on S. Cresent – i lived very close to it and even as a child knew it was creepy.

Ryan says:

November 1, 2013, 9:30 am

old pdot resi: Hay there, I lived there and clearly heard loud footsteps amongst various other strange occurrences. My mom heard foot steps and so did other people. Then after we moved, the stories continued through other people that family knew that had bought it etc.

Mary Ann Cheetham says:

November 6, 2013, 1:43 am

I used to live on North Morgan Cres When I was a kid an there was a brutal murder there years earlier. Apparently they had searched repeatedly the entirely property including the roof of the house with metal detectors and dogs etc as they were missing a knife from the murder scene. The murderer has still not been caught. 17 yrs ago (I was 9 yrs old then) I was playing in the back yard and I saw an older lady who kept enticing me to go through the gardening stuff. It was the ghost of the lady who was murdered. I followed her over to the side of the house and started to rummage through the shelf where she was pointing to and I found a knife. I brought it into the house and told my Mom and next thing I knew they had police there doing another search. They had then decided to do a reinactment of the murder for crimestoppers and everything. I swear to this day I saw the ghost of the lady who was murdered there and I swear she showed me where the knife was and wanted me to find it so the police could stop focusing on that knife and start focusing on searching for the real murder weapon. I will never forget that day. I used to talk to her but once we moved I never saw her again and I have never seen another ghost or spirit since.

Trevor says:

February 16, 2014, 12:04 am

I lived in a house on China Creek Rd (just off of Anderson) 3908 China Creek Rd I “think” was the address. Anyways, apparently it used to be a biker party/drug house and wasnt even actually built where it stands now, it was relocated.from down by Zellers area if I remember correctly, my room was in the basement and I was constantly awaken by the fear/feeling that someone was coming down the stairs, when the feeling got intense like they were going to come around the corner I would close my eyes and couldn’t ever ooen them, felt like they were right in my face. Also one time a large fan was knocked over violently like someone kicked it over, but no one was standing in between me and my stepfather. I also lived in a house out Beaver Creek area on Malabar when I was really young…..pretty certain that house had hauntings as well!

Alyse Thayne says:

September 22, 2014, 3:14 pm

Does anything who lives in or formerly lived in Port Alberni, know of any bad history at 4318 North Crescent? I owned that house for a few short yrs, a few yrs back, and there were many strange things that happened to my kids, and visitors to the house. I was mostly left alone. One thing I DID hear for sure, one night was someone literally POUNDING up and down the stairs to the basement, really loud. The crazy thing was, my teenage son and I were both in the rec room at the bottom of these stairs, and could clearly see the staircase. NO one was there. One family member saw a child’s figure run into the living room one night, when everyone else in the house was asleep, followed it in there, and again, no one there. Another family member had their shoulder shaken when they were lying in bed trying to go to sleep, turned and looked, no one there.Small children in the family who came to the house would often point at nothing we could see, and say, “Who’s that?” Gave us some chills there for sure, but for the most part it was an okay house to live in, this sort of activity seemed to happen only once in awhile.I was still glad to move out though! Just curious if anything had happened there, that I am unaware of.

max says:

September 23, 2014, 1:31 am

I live here its scary

Alyse Thayne says:

March 14, 2015, 12:07 am

In the house on North Crescent Max? By the way, to the person that asked about 4409 Gertrude, YES, it is haunted.I lived there too, several yrs ago, and it was a creepy old house.My daughter used to hear the coughing/hacking of what sounded like an old person, at night, but none of us were coughing. Then one day in broad daylight, I go into my backyard, and an old lady is just casually wandering the backyard, bending down and peering down at things.She didn’t react to our presence at ALL, so I got concerned so was not “with it” and possibly lost.Finally I asked her if she needed any help, she gave me a vague smile, and said, Oh, I guess I’m just a trespasser here now aren’t I? Then she walked away, past my van, which was parked back there. Funny thing was, we did not see where she went after that, she didn’t appear on the road past my van, so I went and looked up and down the street, she was just gone. Gave me chills, after the fact, when I realized I most likely just talked to a ghost.

N.Jackson says:

October 4, 2015, 4:48 am

The one about the woman who walks on the water at the paper mill Dam is true, there have been a lot of sightings by people I know, my sister and a few of my cousins saw her when they were teenagers around the mid 90’s, my mom owns a house that is a short walk down a trail from there and at about 3am my sister & cousins went there for a late night/early morning swim, they were there about 15mins and my cousins were done and said they were going ashore, my sister said she would be right there she wanted to stay a little longer so she was walking around in the water about chest deep with her face in the water(just cooling off) when she noticed a glow on the water(she said she assumed it was the glow from the moon) so she looked up and the lady was standing on the water directly in front of her and when my sister looked at her the lady said “Have you seen my baby” my sister didn’t hesitate, she took off running through the water to the shore as fast as she could 2wards our cousins who were standing on the shore looking stunned and when she hit the shore they said to her “That lady followed you looking mad until you hit the shore” that was the last time they swam there after dark another story I heard was from my ex boyfriend, he was sitting down at the dam with a few friends having some beers and an argument started so he decided he’d just go home, he picked up his almost full case of beer and headed up the trail behind my moms house and he too saw a glow, the lady who usually is seen on the water was standing in the middle of the trail and she asked him the same thing she asks everyone “Have you seen my baby” he said he dropped his beer and ran back to the people he was sitting with at the dam and when he got there they said they heard him drop his case of beer & when he got back to the fire he looked as pale as a ghost, he couldn’t sleep for a long time after that. My Grandmother has heard stories about this woman since she was a little girl and when she was maybe in her 40’s a couple and their children whom she knew were camping down at the dam and it was the early morning hours, the mom and the children were down on the shore washing their breakfast dishes and the husband was up in the parking lot area when he noticed the woman walking on the water towards the shore line, he was so terrified he jumped in the car and sped off, the wife calmly took her kids and walked home(she didn’t want them to see her scared too) and that is the last story I’ve heard, but I know there have been many many sightings over the years

luke parkin says:

December 2, 2015, 2:55 pm

H.T. was the number of the house 4623?

Tara-Liann says:

April 16, 2016, 12:48 am

I’m wondering about 2661 Anderson Ave, Port Alberni-we lived there for a few years and strange things always happening. Even to the point of feeling like people’s whole personality changed and they went kinda weird..is this possible?

Jared says:

June 10, 2016, 4:28 pm

I lived at 4541 South Crescent for over 10 year as a kid. From when I was 4 years old to 14. I can remember countless nights of me hearing footsteps coming up the stairs at night and I would hide under my bed. Lights would randomly go out and the phone I had in my room worked only half the time. I would be woken up to banging on my window some nights and constant footsteps on my stairs.

Alexandria George says:

July 12, 2016, 8:54 pm

I would like to know anything about 3511 12th avenue. The haunting here goes back farther than 32 years and no-one seems to really care why or who it is that is trapped in this place. Well I care and would appreciate any information I can get about these 2 spirits. Thank You.

Aurora says:

August 15, 2016, 3:37 am

Me and my husband are beginner ghost hunters and have been to South crescent street 3 time’s so far and tonight we have found something profoundly fascinating and need some more details about the streets encounters or anything anyone can tell us? Email us at scott_aurora@yahoo.ca

james says:

October 9, 2016, 4:07 am

I have lived in a house on 8th Ave. by the school since 1969. In the years since my family moved into the house I have had many sightings of spirits. The first sighting being in 1970 when me and some of the neighbor kids were playing in the yard. A friend and I had just run into the garage through the back door and when we turned around to look at where the other kids were we saw a boy about our age wearing a red and white striped t-shirt and blue jeans run into the garage behind us as if he was playing with us. He took four steps and faded away a little at a time with each step. We also hear the sound of a rocking chair in our front room all the time (we have no rocking chairs in the house), foot steps on the stairs and my bedroom door opens and closes by its self. My bedroom is the focal point of the house, some nights I don’t get much sleep because of the energy of the many spirits passing threw. Most are friendly but some are not, I get shadow demons and very angry spirits too. In the past few years I have learned to use crystals to control these mass happenings and only let the friendly ones go threw my room and on to the light.
Before moving to 8th Ave.I used to live on golden street and had many bad experiences there dealing with the little hunch backs (Imp’s). Over the years I have spoken to others who have lived in the same area and some of them have had encounters with the same creatures. They would pull the sheets of your bed while you were awake in it, stand up beside the bed and stair at you, touch your hand or foot if it was sticking out over the edge of the bed and jump on your bed to wake you up while you are sleeping.
I have also seen a dog (golden retriever) happily running down the log train trail behind E.J.Dunn fading in and out of sight as he runs past me, it’s always very happy.

Briana says:

October 10, 2016, 4:52 pm

I’ve lived in a house out beaver creek on Thompson road for almost 17 years. The house is very old, probably built in the 1800s. I have no idea about the history on this house but There is a little girl, about 13 years old, my brother describes her as tall, wearing a white night gown with long dark hair. She likes to stand in the corner of brothers room a lot. cuboards have flung open, draws open &a close on their own, doors fly open, dressers move back and forth,things turn on &I off. Every time I am upstairs in the living room at night I feel like there is something watching me. The girl, or whatever else is in the house, hasn’t ever tried to hurt anyone in my family, hense the fact why we haven’t moved yet, it’s just creepy.