This 2-story brick building constructed in 1875 was built to be used as a county courthouse.Â After the county seat in which it was built in moved, this building became vacant until 1890 when a man named Dr. John Singleton Mead bought it and turned it into a hotel.
Purchased in 1886 by businessman Marcus Daly, and remodeled several times throughout this family's ownership, this house was to be Daly's family's summer home.Â The three-story home has over 50 rooms, including 25 bedrooms, 15 bathrooms and 7 fireplaces.
Hennessy Mansion was originally owned by Daniel J. Hennessy, who was a wealthy businessman and a Democratic State Senator. He built this home in the late 1890s. This mansion was definitely a dream home, with three floors and a gym in the basement. Throughout the course of time after Mr. Hennessy's death, the mansion has been used as a private residence, dormitory and fraternity house.