Angels and Chains

Carrollton, Missouri

This house is said to be the location of many poltergeist. There was even the sighting of an angel in this house once in 1987. Reportedly, the apparitions dragged chains across the floor and would rock in squeaky rocking chairs. It is alleged that the house is very renowned through out the town.

« · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · Next » ·

Mario says:

March 26, 2006, 2:25 am

YEAH about that house in Waverly, ITS TRU, while i was recording with Emily brad and Whitany, we heard gun shot, NO JOKIING, GUN SHOT, and btw we went behind the house, and it was HELLA scary. But yeah i thought it was going to be a normal 2 step big house BUT NO it was so big that when i first saw it i was saying to myself what was i getting into….

ciara says:

April 1, 2006, 9:55 pm

ok well i would like to know where this house is located because i live in carrollton myself

dan134 says:

May 9, 2006, 3:21 am

UPDATE: THE OLD CHESTERFIELD MANOR NURSING HOME HAS NOW BEEN BULLDOZED. IT KINDA SUCKS BECAUSE EVERYTIME I DROVE PAST THAT PLACE (PIMPIN ON 22′S) I GOT THIS BIG RUSH. AWW SCREW IT. THERES MORE OUT THERE. Rest in piece NORA ANDERSON – FORMER resident of CHESTERFIELD MANOR NURSING THAT DIED MYSTERIOUSLY THERE. happens to be my great grandma.

ican_beyourz says:

May 9, 2006, 3:45 am

heres one haunted house i bet you guys didnt know

Dairy Queen in ELisville Mo

In the 1970′s, a girl who worked there was closing the shop around 11pm, by herself. She left the back door unlocked ( by the drive thru) and someone came in, came up and slit her throat and left her to die halfway in the sink, bleeding to death. In the morning, co-workers found her dead, obviously with her throat slit due to blood loss. She would have made it in time if she could have gotten to a phone and dialed 911 or anyone. They never caught who muderred the girl and to this day, that place is haunted at night. you just get an uneasy feeling. you should check into it. see if they’ll let you in. alone. at night. with nobody around. see what you think. i did. as for me, im still here.

Garin says:

June 14, 2006, 8:46 pm

26355 HWY 24 Waverly Missouri 64096
Is the address of the house in waverly.
Where is the one in carrolton?

lowell says:

July 5, 2006, 7:32 pm

I KNOW WHERE THE HOUSE IN CARROLLTON IS, e mail me and i will tell you ,, romanticnightmare@hotmail.com

666 says:

August 22, 2006, 5:55 am

Chesterfield Manor has not been bulldozed, it’s still there. BE CAREFUL THOUGH, cops are on that place like maggots on 3 day old roadkill.

Team Satan says:

September 3, 2006, 8:13 pm

Chesterfield Manor:

Me and some friends went into that place a couple of time years ago. Let me tell you, it is one of the scariest places around the St.Louis area. Indeed Authorities are now watching that place like a hawk – due to a certian number of people getting caught and going to court over Tresspassing.
When we went, there were NO “Tresspassing” signs.
Now if you get caught inside that place you may see jail time. There’s NO TRESSPASSING signs all over the place now.
It’s a bummer though because it’s really creepy. It looks like when that place was shut down, everybody just walked out and left the place how it was. It’s still furnished. Yet, haha, all the furniture is way beyond repair. The inside is trashed.
While you’re in there though, it feels like your being stalked by an unknown presence. Sounds, Screeches, Taps and Cold Spots are all there. One of the time’s I went we found a dead cat pracically melted into the cement floor of the basement. It’s pretty cool to explore though. Scary as hell that it is…
Chesterfield Police has a pretty big file on the place. Satanic Cults, Deaths, Occult’s and alot of crazy things on record.
Besides the Haunt of it all.

Stone Wolf says:

September 16, 2006, 1:55 pm

I’m going to check out the mansion tonight with a friend, we’ve been noticing the amount of spiritual energy around the small areas such as Waverly, Concordia, and Alma are increasing so we’re probably going to do it in the daylight. Anyone know who owns the house in Waverly now? I heard it’s surrounded by an orchard and a corn field????? Anyhow it’s a story I’ve been hearing for the past 5 or 6 years now and haven’t been able to get directions to find so it’s time to explore……… hope I don’t get shot!
Stone Wolf

Andy says:

October 9, 2006, 10:11 pm

I’m a ghost hunter and i went to that house and saw the angel and me and my friend got chased by this bright red demon like creture.

Andy says:

October 9, 2006, 10:15 pm

The nursing homes been bulldozed?!?!?!?! OMG!!!!

Andy says:

October 9, 2006, 10:17 pm

Who the heck bull dozes one of the scariest place in the history of haunted places?

Amanda says:

October 12, 2006, 11:41 am

Ok this Chesterfield manor..I have seen the gates cause I wanted to go see it after reading these comments…and all I see is the gates and it looks like nothing is behind it..do u know if the building is still there by any chance?? Let me know thx

stotty says:

October 29, 2006, 11:20 am

i went to the waverly house last night it was pretty freaky!!there were like two lights on in the house and it looked like someone was standing in the window.and for anyone that has been there is it a huge clock on the front of the building or was i seing things??

Mike says:

November 1, 2006, 12:42 am

I just got back from the Chesterfield manor, went with some friends just to check it out (it is halloween, and all..) We get there, parked behind a store off Olive, and had to walk through some woods to get to an open field. The manor is all boarded up (obviously) but we found a door that was WIDE OPEN in back. Pretty sweet! So we go through the place, its a mess of course, with grafitti and broken glass all over. We then walked down the halls, checked out some of the patients rooms and stuff, then went down in the basement. Down there, nothing much, just the boiler room and some storage rooms. We came upon a desk with some magazines, and the date on one of them was from ’97. We got out alright and made it back to our cars, no cops anywhere, which was odd.

mindy says:

November 22, 2006, 9:55 pm

please could someone e mail this address to the location in carrollton . me and a group of my friends find abandoned houses around that area .if we find one during the day we will go back at night and check it out. we found a couple around higginsville .we found on that was in the middle of a corn field . me and best friend went through the house it was really creepy ,there was a dog that just sat on the front porch and didnt move it just sat and looked at us the whole . most dogs will come up to you ,not this one. the next day we took the rest of the gang up there to check it out ,and the house was completly gone ,you could see where it used to be to was just really bizaar. so if you could please e mail be back that would be great. and i could give some other locations too.=) thanks!!!

Brandon says:

November 27, 2006, 5:49 pm

To all who asked,

I am from the Lake of the Ozarks and am fimiliar with the haunted home they speak of.

The story may seem far fetched but nothing has ever been closer to the truth.

If you drive from Sedalia (I70_ toward Carrolton on 65hwy you wuould turn left to get to the town square. From that point there is only one hwy that continues that direction. There will be a mansion on the right, that is it., After that there will will be huge ranch mansion on the right. The people that live on the right were two kids that went to CMSu and mom moved to Africa and dad turned out to be a homosexual. I know it seems far fetched but ask some people around town. My ex-of 8 years lived there so I am fimiliar with the towm. The kids I speak of lived in the house with there parents in earlier years and still own the home, trust me when I say- I have never believed, until that point of my life!

Saje says:

December 7, 2006, 12:13 am

Actually I have a few comments… First in regards to the Dome house near waverly.. Yes, it is scary.. Yes, you did hear gun shots, and Yes, it was a cult house. I actually went there in daylight and knocked on the door and got a full tour of the house. That house has the most pyschic energy of any house that i have been in in my entire life. The two people that live there are the nicest people ever, but certainly are tired of teenagers driving up there late at night.. This is where the lights and gunshots come in at. The landkeepers told me that the members of the cult packed up and moved to California and hired these two people to watch the place. The house has beautiful architecture on the inside and out. They showed me where the cult use to hang people.. They never were actual witnesses to a hanging but when they moved in there were blood stains on the floor. Supposedly from what they said, many of the victims were young women and children. They also said that the members of this cult were more like followers of the couple that moved to CA. It reminded them of a charles manson type thing. There is no clock on the front of the building. There is a huge crystal glass circle though. The front doors have no outside hinges so they open up from the outside in. The basement definately is the creepiest place in that building next to the spiral staircase that leads up to the center dome. There are many cold spots and creaking noises and faint whispers of feminine voices in the basement. On the staircase, as you are going up it you get a sense of solitude- this is where the hangings supposedly went on. What resembles blood stains can be faintly seen upon entrance. Guess- sometimes your hands can wash clean-just not your floors. I really do think this place is haunted. The only really creepy experience i had there was when I first drove up there- as soon I got up to the drive to go back to the garage.. I saw a grey haze or figure whatever you want to call it pacing back in forth through the grass by the fountain. Then the front porch light came on and the haze disappeared. It had no features but certainly had depth amongst it. I recommend going up to this house during daylight. It is truly amazing.
Next, about this house on Groundhog road- I actually read about this house a few years ago. Me and a couple of friends went to this house before anyone lived in it. As soon as we pulled up there was about 12 white cats that came walking toward the vehicle. It was really weird. Then we proceeded to walk in the back door into the kitchen like area. On the stove there was a bible opened up to page 236. I started reading it then threw it out the kitchen window. We walked up the stairs in hopes of hearing chains or rocking chairs, and in fact there was a rocking chair in a room. It had slight movement but that could be attributed to the weight change in the wooden floors. So after a while we went back down the stairs ( i was the first one down and last one up em) and the bible was back on the stove and turned to page 236 again-except this time it was on fire. We put the fire out took the bible down the road, threw it out, and went home. I cant explain that one…

nerfdude3k says:

December 12, 2006, 7:46 am

wow, you’re all a bunch of wieners. chesterfield manor is a pretty tame locale. just a bunch of teenage graffiti and vandalism, nothing more. it’s still there as of today (went there about 4 hours ago), there were no cops to be seen, it was easy to get in. anybody claiming homeless people live there- it’s in the middle of chesterfield, right next to an upscale subdivision. there are NOT any hobos in it.

anyway, here’s a slideshow, if you want to know what it looks like inside. 100+ pics, taken just hours ago.

Denise says:

December 24, 2006, 10:51 pm

Thanks for the pics @ Chesterfield Manor. I used to work there in the early 90′s. To hear it may be haunted surprised me. Looking at the photo’s really brought back good memories. I have never encountered anything strange while working there, Though, I’m curious as to why it closed. I have nothing but good memories about the nursing home. Thanks again nerfdude3k.

« · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · Next » ·