Angels and Chains

Carrollton, Missouri

This house is said to be the location of many poltergeist. There was even the sighting of an angel in this house once in 1987. Reportedly, the apparitions dragged chains across the floor and would rock in squeaky rocking chairs. It is alleged that the house is very renowned through out the town.

Carol says:

September 20, 2005, 12:02 pm

I would like to know the address where this house can be found.

Lisa says:

October 6, 2005, 9:51 pm

I used to be a resident of Carrollton and I would also like to know where this house is located.

dan 134 says:

October 8, 2005, 1:44 am

yeah for anyone who lives in st louis area here is one:

old chesterfield

this place was a retirement center in the 1960’s and 70’s. it was shut down in the late 70’s due to sanitary reasons and people dying due to sanitary reasons. my dad used to volunteer there at weekends and he said that place was going down hill. anyways the missouri dept of health shut the place down in late 70’s. it remains borded up and behind bushels of trees. i went in with 2 of my friends for the first time in 2002 and it was no fun experience. just plain friken spooky. there is red stains on the floor and a dark eerie vibe all over that place. cops watch that area like a hawk. in 2004 my buddy that was in town from canada wanted to see it, so we drove in, they have a drive-around- driveway. i didnt have the balls to go in a second time and it was a good thing because a cop saw us turn in and blocked us in and asked us questions but did not give us a ticket just told us “you guys arent supposed to be in here” i said “we the city puts up a no trespass sign i will adhere to

Teri says:

October 15, 2005, 5:36 pm

I have never been in any haunted houses in St Louis. But I have heard that some places are haunted. Like the resturant is haunted off of Lindburgh Blvd.

Rose says:

October 22, 2005, 5:11 pm

Dan 134 you never said where that place is in St Louis. I am very interested in finding actual haunded houses, not just where actors wear make up and jump out of dark corners. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it

seth134 says:

October 26, 2005, 9:23 am

i’ve got a real haunted house, if you are near waverly, mo go west on 24 hwy until you ar almost to bb hwy on your left. just before you get to bb there will be a driveway on your right follow the drive for about a mile. There will be a huge mantion. This place used to be a cult house. Need i say more, If your brave enough drive around back

scott says:

October 31, 2005, 1:14 pm

my name is scott and i live in carrollton and i would really like to know were this house is in carrollton because iam very interested in going to it and find out a little more about it

scott says:

October 31, 2005, 1:51 pm

my name is scott and i live in carrollton and i would like to know were at in carrollton is this place located because iam very interested go to this place and learning more about it

Eric says:

November 12, 2005, 6:58 pm

Yeah, I’ve been to that chesterfield nursing home. It’s a scary one…

dan and danielle says:

December 20, 2005, 5:04 am

We know the location in Chesterfield that dan134 was talking
about. It is called Chesterfield Manor and is was a retirement home
but was not shut down in the 70’s it was shut down in the 90’s
from neglect of care. it is located on Olive Rd to your right next
to a Phillips 66. you cant really see the building but you see a brick sign reading Chesterfield Manor. be carefull if you ever go cops watch that place very carefully.

Sophia says:

January 7, 2006, 4:19 pm

I used to live in St. Louis and at my old house a guy lived and died in the house. I’ve heard someone walk down the stairs when noone is home and I also saw a man with a plaid shirt on walk by my door when I was on my bed talking on the phone.

Max says:

January 9, 2006, 11:12 am

Nice going Sophia. Well, I don’t live in St. Louise, not even in America. I live in small place called Finland. Perhaps you have heard of it.. It is nearby Russia or how ever it is spelled (Damn, my english sucks..) What ever.. In here we have similiar ghosts too. My granmother told me how he felt her late husband breath in he neck and how she heard long sighs (huokaukset, hemmetti englannin kielioppi on vaikeaa!!!) from the living room. Only after my grandmother took granpap’s photo in the side of her bed the sighs were never more heard. Qute, ain’t it?! Söpöä, we finns say. And now you may ask what the hell I am talking about. A sweet love story, I guess. Mm.. Gotta go.

Nelma says:

January 14, 2006, 6:27 pm

as many times as ive heard of hauntings in carollton i have never heard of this one May someone explain where it is loacted?

Mr. Hanky says:

February 12, 2006, 5:42 am

T.E.D. says:

March 19, 2006, 7:17 pm

where is the location of the carolton haunting
oh ya shut shae

T.E.D. says:

March 19, 2006, 7:18 pm

where is the location of the carolton haunting
oh ya shut up shae

Slojen says:

March 25, 2006, 3:27 am

I live by a little town of Cherryville/Davisville and both have very wierd things going on… For one Davisville has a witch/warlock grave yard that is haunted, and the trailor I use to live in was haunted also…(One reason Why I moved)… They also have a ghost train that sounds like an old steam engine that at times you can hear and see only the bright headlight at night. Also the railroad crossing has been repaved over so you know a train can’t go by. Also when you walk down the tracks.. You can feel a heavy presents with you.

nm says:

March 25, 2006, 6:55 pm

Ive been to that chesterfield manor place and me and a couple of my friends went around looking for a way in when we finally found a window that was broken out and we went in and looked inside and the room was like a hospital room with curtains and stuff…there was like stains on the ground and syringes laying was pretty messed up

Emily says:

March 26, 2006, 1:04 am

I read in a comment above about a house near waverly missouri.
I just came back from that house about 10 minutes ago. It was the SCARIEST night of my life. The house is the biggest mansion i have ever seen and has a HUGE gold dome on the top. My friends and i made a video of the place. There are people in there also, because we left the place and decided to go back so we could film the whole experience from the long drive down the driveway. And when we went back the second time, there were more lights on.
Two of my friends swore they heard gunshots, so we sped out of there. I didnt think there were actually shots, but we stopped about 3 miles away from the place to watched the video and there actually were gun shots!!!!!
My mom found out and freaked out, and told me about the cult. It’s still in existence. She knows a man whose wife was part of it. I am so scared right now

Brad says:

March 26, 2006, 2:10 am

omg i can atess to what emily said about the waverly house cuz i went with her and was driving the car…and it was the scariest place i have ever been we went around back and everything and someone shot at us!!! and wow you cant even describe it

Mario says:

March 26, 2006, 2:25 am

YEAH about that house in Waverly, ITS TRU, while i was recording with Emily brad and Whitany, we heard gun shot, NO JOKIING, GUN SHOT, and btw we went behind the house, and it was HELLA scary. But yeah i thought it was going to be a normal 2 step big house BUT NO it was so big that when i first saw it i was saying to myself what was i getting into….

ciara says:

April 1, 2006, 9:55 pm

ok well i would like to know where this house is located because i live in carrollton myself

dan134 says:

May 9, 2006, 3:21 am

ican_beyourz says:

May 9, 2006, 3:45 am

heres one haunted house i bet you guys didnt know

Dairy Queen in ELisville Mo

In the 1970’s, a girl who worked there was closing the shop around 11pm, by herself. She left the back door unlocked ( by the drive thru) and someone came in, came up and slit her throat and left her to die halfway in the sink, bleeding to death. In the morning, co-workers found her dead, obviously with her throat slit due to blood loss. She would have made it in time if she could have gotten to a phone and dialed 911 or anyone. They never caught who muderred the girl and to this day, that place is haunted at night. you just get an uneasy feeling. you should check into it. see if they’ll let you in. alone. at night. with nobody around. see what you think. i did. as for me, im still here.

Garin says:

June 14, 2006, 8:46 pm

26355 HWY 24 Waverly Missouri 64096
Is the address of the house in waverly.
Where is the one in carrolton?

lowell says:

July 5, 2006, 7:32 pm

I KNOW WHERE THE HOUSE IN CARROLLTON IS, e mail me and i will tell you ,,

666 says:

August 22, 2006, 5:55 am

Chesterfield Manor has not been bulldozed, it’s still there. BE CAREFUL THOUGH, cops are on that place like maggots on 3 day old roadkill.

Team Satan says:

September 3, 2006, 8:13 pm

Chesterfield Manor:

Me and some friends went into that place a couple of time years ago. Let me tell you, it is one of the scariest places around the St.Louis area. Indeed Authorities are now watching that place like a hawk – due to a certian number of people getting caught and going to court over Tresspassing.
When we went, there were NO “Tresspassing” signs.
Now if you get caught inside that place you may see jail time. There’s NO TRESSPASSING signs all over the place now.
It’s a bummer though because it’s really creepy. It looks like when that place was shut down, everybody just walked out and left the place how it was. It’s still furnished. Yet, haha, all the furniture is way beyond repair. The inside is trashed.
While you’re in there though, it feels like your being stalked by an unknown presence. Sounds, Screeches, Taps and Cold Spots are all there. One of the time’s I went we found a dead cat pracically melted into the cement floor of the basement. It’s pretty cool to explore though. Scary as hell that it is…
Chesterfield Police has a pretty big file on the place. Satanic Cults, Deaths, Occult’s and alot of crazy things on record.
Besides the Haunt of it all.

Stone Wolf says:

September 16, 2006, 1:55 pm

I’m going to check out the mansion tonight with a friend, we’ve been noticing the amount of spiritual energy around the small areas such as Waverly, Concordia, and Alma are increasing so we’re probably going to do it in the daylight. Anyone know who owns the house in Waverly now? I heard it’s surrounded by an orchard and a corn field????? Anyhow it’s a story I’ve been hearing for the past 5 or 6 years now and haven’t been able to get directions to find so it’s time to explore……… hope I don’t get shot!
Stone Wolf

Andy says:

October 9, 2006, 10:11 pm

I’m a ghost hunter and i went to that house and saw the angel and me and my friend got chased by this bright red demon like creture.

Andy says:

October 9, 2006, 10:15 pm

The nursing homes been bulldozed?!?!?!?! OMG!!!!

Andy says:

October 9, 2006, 10:17 pm

Who the heck bull dozes one of the scariest place in the history of haunted places?

Amanda says:

October 12, 2006, 11:41 am

Ok this Chesterfield manor..I have seen the gates cause I wanted to go see it after reading these comments…and all I see is the gates and it looks like nothing is behind u know if the building is still there by any chance?? Let me know thx

stotty says:

October 29, 2006, 11:20 am

i went to the waverly house last night it was pretty freaky!!there were like two lights on in the house and it looked like someone was standing in the window.and for anyone that has been there is it a huge clock on the front of the building or was i seing things??

Mike says:

November 1, 2006, 12:42 am

I just got back from the Chesterfield manor, went with some friends just to check it out (it is halloween, and all..) We get there, parked behind a store off Olive, and had to walk through some woods to get to an open field. The manor is all boarded up (obviously) but we found a door that was WIDE OPEN in back. Pretty sweet! So we go through the place, its a mess of course, with grafitti and broken glass all over. We then walked down the halls, checked out some of the patients rooms and stuff, then went down in the basement. Down there, nothing much, just the boiler room and some storage rooms. We came upon a desk with some magazines, and the date on one of them was from ’97. We got out alright and made it back to our cars, no cops anywhere, which was odd.

mindy says:

November 22, 2006, 9:55 pm

please could someone e mail this address to the location in carrollton . me and a group of my friends find abandoned houses around that area .if we find one during the day we will go back at night and check it out. we found a couple around higginsville .we found on that was in the middle of a corn field . me and best friend went through the house it was really creepy ,there was a dog that just sat on the front porch and didnt move it just sat and looked at us the whole . most dogs will come up to you ,not this one. the next day we took the rest of the gang up there to check it out ,and the house was completly gone ,you could see where it used to be to was just really bizaar. so if you could please e mail be back that would be great. and i could give some other locations too.=) thanks!!!

Brandon says:

November 27, 2006, 5:49 pm

To all who asked,

I am from the Lake of the Ozarks and am fimiliar with the haunted home they speak of.

The story may seem far fetched but nothing has ever been closer to the truth.

If you drive from Sedalia (I70_ toward Carrolton on 65hwy you wuould turn left to get to the town square. From that point there is only one hwy that continues that direction. There will be a mansion on the right, that is it., After that there will will be huge ranch mansion on the right. The people that live on the right were two kids that went to CMSu and mom moved to Africa and dad turned out to be a homosexual. I know it seems far fetched but ask some people around town. My ex-of 8 years lived there so I am fimiliar with the towm. The kids I speak of lived in the house with there parents in earlier years and still own the home, trust me when I say- I have never believed, until that point of my life!

Saje says:

December 7, 2006, 12:13 am

Actually I have a few comments… First in regards to the Dome house near waverly.. Yes, it is scary.. Yes, you did hear gun shots, and Yes, it was a cult house. I actually went there in daylight and knocked on the door and got a full tour of the house. That house has the most pyschic energy of any house that i have been in in my entire life. The two people that live there are the nicest people ever, but certainly are tired of teenagers driving up there late at night.. This is where the lights and gunshots come in at. The landkeepers told me that the members of the cult packed up and moved to California and hired these two people to watch the place. The house has beautiful architecture on the inside and out. They showed me where the cult use to hang people.. They never were actual witnesses to a hanging but when they moved in there were blood stains on the floor. Supposedly from what they said, many of the victims were young women and children. They also said that the members of this cult were more like followers of the couple that moved to CA. It reminded them of a charles manson type thing. There is no clock on the front of the building. There is a huge crystal glass circle though. The front doors have no outside hinges so they open up from the outside in. The basement definately is the creepiest place in that building next to the spiral staircase that leads up to the center dome. There are many cold spots and creaking noises and faint whispers of feminine voices in the basement. On the staircase, as you are going up it you get a sense of solitude- this is where the hangings supposedly went on. What resembles blood stains can be faintly seen upon entrance. Guess- sometimes your hands can wash clean-just not your floors. I really do think this place is haunted. The only really creepy experience i had there was when I first drove up there- as soon I got up to the drive to go back to the garage.. I saw a grey haze or figure whatever you want to call it pacing back in forth through the grass by the fountain. Then the front porch light came on and the haze disappeared. It had no features but certainly had depth amongst it. I recommend going up to this house during daylight. It is truly amazing.
Next, about this house on Groundhog road- I actually read about this house a few years ago. Me and a couple of friends went to this house before anyone lived in it. As soon as we pulled up there was about 12 white cats that came walking toward the vehicle. It was really weird. Then we proceeded to walk in the back door into the kitchen like area. On the stove there was a bible opened up to page 236. I started reading it then threw it out the kitchen window. We walked up the stairs in hopes of hearing chains or rocking chairs, and in fact there was a rocking chair in a room. It had slight movement but that could be attributed to the weight change in the wooden floors. So after a while we went back down the stairs ( i was the first one down and last one up em) and the bible was back on the stove and turned to page 236 again-except this time it was on fire. We put the fire out took the bible down the road, threw it out, and went home. I cant explain that one…

nerfdude3k says:

December 12, 2006, 7:46 am

wow, you’re all a bunch of wieners. chesterfield manor is a pretty tame locale. just a bunch of teenage graffiti and vandalism, nothing more. it’s still there as of today (went there about 4 hours ago), there were no cops to be seen, it was easy to get in. anybody claiming homeless people live there- it’s in the middle of chesterfield, right next to an upscale subdivision. there are NOT any hobos in it.

anyway, here’s a slideshow, if you want to know what it looks like inside. 100+ pics, taken just hours ago.

Denise says:

December 24, 2006, 10:51 pm

Thanks for the pics @ Chesterfield Manor. I used to work there in the early 90’s. To hear it may be haunted surprised me. Looking at the photo’s really brought back good memories. I have never encountered anything strange while working there, Though, I’m curious as to why it closed. I have nothing but good memories about the nursing home. Thanks again nerfdude3k.

Emily says:

January 13, 2007, 3:00 pm

This is abot the hplace near waverly actually my dad lives not to far from there…So we went over to the place and I got out and knocked on the back door and then seen the door bell so I rang it.. and come to find out its just the new owner and his wife…They were very nice people and they wont answer the door to everyone that comes over there because they knew before they lived there their was a cult and now everyone want to go see what it looks like and there normal people just like us and dont want people at there house everyday!!!!

Lindsey says:

March 20, 2007, 4:40 pm

My friend used to live next to Chesterfield Manor, it was an old house and clock shop, since torn down. But without a doubt, that place was haunted. I don’t know if it was just her house, or if it was remnants of Chesterfield Manor, or the pastures and farm grounds surrounding…who knows with places so old? But on several different occassions there were heavy footsteps that circled her house. During a sleepover one of my friends flipped out after supposedly seeing an old man staring in at her through the window. Perhaps the creepiest aspect of all of this was how blase my friends who lived there were, claiming that stuff happened all the time and they’d lived there their whole lives, so it was no big deal. They said they too had seen and heard things, but none of the spirit seemed dangerous, so why make it an issue?

Ryan Katastrophe says:

June 18, 2007, 7:49 pm

Is there anything such as newspaper articles to back up the claim of this “cult house” in Waverly? I would think something would have been written up other than hearsay on this matter. I have a hard time believing that the home owners are fine with two guys watching the place with guns that were hired by the cult that used to live and do God knows what else there. Just doesn’t sound right.

Matt says:

June 27, 2007, 12:04 am

ya chesterfield manors is really scary. I visited this site night and day The only thing scary about it is that its still standing on VALUABLE property.
Truth be told if you wanna try to experance it id do it soon heard rumors that its close to being torn down

Lisa says:

June 30, 2007, 5:46 am

I am from the Lexington/Dover area and lived there until 1991. I am very familiar with the house near Waverly with the gold dome and it has a long history of weird stuff going on. The name of the cult that was there in the late 1980’s was “The Kansas City Chapter of the Age of Enlightenment” and it was still there in 1990. There were stories of another cult before that, but I have no idea if it was known by any formal name or not.

The tales of strange happenings go back years and years and include everything from devil worship to religious cults to paranormal activity. The dome is obvious from the highway during the day, but hopefully, everyone will leave the new owners alone.

Syn Merchand says:

July 26, 2007, 4:46 am

Hey…I live in Wavery and the Mansion you speak of is called the Dover Mansion…In Dover…It is NOT haunted…And the couple who lives there are very exclusive and private people…The aren’t cult leaders they are very friendly, nice, and old…They don’t like it when kids go out there so if you are loud they might shoot into the air…A few of my friends have gone out there on four wheelers obviously making a lot of noise and they shot into the air to get them to go away…Sorry for the let down…But if you would like to know of a haunted house near Carrollton there is this one I went to a while back that kinda freaked me out…And believe me I’m the first person to say a place ISN’T haunted…But at this place when me and my friends were upstairs I heard rustling downstairs like someone else was in the house…I was the closest to the stairwell and as I turned my ear to hear down the stairs I heard a female child cry out softly “Ahh” or “Help” I couldn’t quite make it out…I thought it was strange also that like almost the whole house was clean except the stairwell which was covered in cat feces…That’s why I recommend you wear shoes lol…Anyway if you would like to know more my email is…I’ll tell you the location and what you need to do to ensure yourself safe hunting…bye!

Rian says:

July 29, 2007, 10:58 pm

Okay, I was told about Chesterfield Manor by a friend of mine, so I decided to check it out with a group of friends at around three in the morning last night. We pulled into a road nearby to try and get in and a cop IMMEDIATELY pulled us over, so be careful if you decide to go. We had to park somewhere else and walk there.

My phone was on the fritz already, turning off and on and beeping, but the second we went inside it went completely blank and silent and didn’t do anything else until we left. There’s a broken door that we had to crawl in through to get in. I think there’s also a broken window somewhere. If you decide to use the door, WEAR LONG SLEEVES AND PANTS, because there’s glass on the floor and I cut myself.

The inside is a complete mess. All the beds, chairs, washers, dryers, fridges, and medical equipment are still there. Don’t go in the deep freezer because you’ll get locked inside. Also, when you go down to the basement be aware that the door to the basement is closeable, and THERE IS A LOCK ON IT. So don’t go playing hide and seek in there…

In the basement some old lady supposedly used to live in one of the rooms after it was closed down; that particular room has a decently nice bathroom too, which is weird. The right corner ceiling of that room is falling in, and be careful with your flashlights WHICH YOU WILL NEED because light gets out through that room.

Watch out for water in the basement, it’s kind of everywhere so don’t wear flip flops like I did. Worst idea ever. I’m just glad I didn’t cut my feet because it would’ve gotten infected. There’s also two rooms in the basement where a fire must’ve started because they’re torched pretty badly; whether or not it was while the place was open is beyond me.

Back upstairs, the main room’s a mess but luckily there’s some kinda weird squishy material – kinda looked like the stuff you pull out of a couch cushion – covering the floor. So no need to worry about glass too much as long as you’re wearing shoes and don’t sit down. The fireplace is really nice, and when we went there was a burned book there. My best friend made a joke about it being the new Harry Potter book, but who would burn THAT?!

Down one of the halls – and there are MANY – there are three recent pictures duct taped to the wall of a girl covered in blood holding a telephone. The “inscription” says : Hello? *ring* It’s for you.

By the way, if you crawl in under the door, you have to squeeze past the fridge and stay to the right. So, if you’re, er, a little heavier, be aware that it’s a tight fit… But with a few people you can move it out of the way.

When you’re walking up to the manor, BE QUIET, because the subdivisions nearby can hear you and they will call the police. And don’t turn on your flashlights until you’re inside, because they’ll be able to see you. You’re pretty much safe once you’re inside, except for the room I mentioned above and a broken window in the main room (the one with all the pornographic graffiti!) because everything is boarded up.

Just to warn you, don’t go by yourself. Don’t EVER go by yourself. Pay attention to where you’re going because it’s kind of easy to get lost. You CAN get locked inside the basement if someone feels like screwing with you, so only go with people you trust. There are rumors of people doing drugs in there as well as having parties, so you never know if there are other people there. Always make sure to let someone know where you’re going in case you don’t come back. That place is freaking creepy. We didn’t experience anything supernatural, but my friends were goofing off and trying to scare us the whole time, so we don’t know what was them and what was something else…

If you have any questions or if you want to know more, email me at

JR says:

August 17, 2007, 5:06 am

For the CORRECT location of the Carrollton house, if you are heading west from the square, go past the fair grounds on the left (reserve armory). I believe the highway is D… as the road curves to the right, there is a road that comes from the highway (heading south) if you take a right on the first road (can’t remember if it’s gravel or not) This angels and chains house is supposed to be the first two story house on the south side of the road. In 2005- 2006, the house was being renovated and was empty when my friend and I went to the house. Couldn’t get inside, doors were locked.

Maranda says:

September 4, 2007, 6:29 pm

Jessica says:

September 16, 2007, 7:38 pm

Chesterfield Manor was closed in the ’90s, not the ’70s… apparently due to sanitary reasons and lack of care for the elders? I went there for the first time last night. I’m not sure how closely the police keep watch of it anymore because I was with a pretty big, loud group and had no problems. We even walked through the field between the Manor and the Lawn Care store with flashlights on. Maybe I’m too skeptical because I wasn’t that scared and didn’t see anything that interesting. The place creaked a little, but that’s nothing out of the ordinary since it’s a big, old building and a couple of the rooms in the basement were probably around 35 degrees. Honestly, the part that freaked me out the most was that a bunch of kids left their Wigi Board in the middle of the dining room.

All I have to say is don’t go there in flip flops, lol. The tops of my feet got kind of cut up from all the broken glass. Oh, and go in the door around the back of the building that’s boarded up. There’s about a 3 foot hole in it that anyone could easily crawl through. And about what Rian said… I think someone moved the fridge a little because there’s a pretty big gap between it and the wall now.

ern. says:

September 17, 2007, 11:12 pm

I have had many experiences with this building. This building was infact shut down 1997 by the goverment. Before it was a retirement home it was an insane asylum. a month ago we first entered just for the thrill. It was a dark rainy day… All 3 of us had no bad feeling about this. We walked around unharmed, as we entered the basement there was a deep dark heavy presence… we fled the building asap. A few days after while i was in detention, the 2 friends that were with me and another one of my friends decided to explore the basement during the day. they saw a dead dog that had seemed to be decaying in the basment. this sickened them and they ran upstairs. One of the girls decided to be “brave” and steal a wiji bored that was placed in the middle of a circle of chairs in what had seemed to be the family room. That night this girl saw faces heard noises and was freaked. The next day was a friday so we decided to return it. it was a group of 8 and we decided we would find strength in numbers. i offered to hold the boared. as we walked around the building and arrived at the door we heard a dog crying inside the building. we didnt know it it was real or if something was ******* with us. I realized that what ever it was was pissed and i needed to returm the boared. i entered the building alone. quickly i felt the heavyness, and spiritual wickedness of this abandon building. i ran too the room and set the boared down. when i set it down i heard the rumbling noise almost like an earthquick i ran out as i left i heard a scream . we went to the very front spooked and confused and heard voises that we couldnt quit tune in and place. we left the area. weeks went on and curiosity built up. i wanted to know more. finaly i asked the orgianal 3 if they woulf explore a little more with me. we got off school and drove over. we really didnt have any bad feelings. we walked in and the feeling stayed the same. we entered this office and looked thro papers. the papers were filled with employee info. we picked up them and once again got spoked and left. we were at the door and we felt as if something was chasing us we ran to the front. still unsatisfied. still confused. i saw a courtyard type area in the distance and walked over. we were still frightenred but my friend got up the courage to ask a question. he said “are there spirits in here, knock once for yes twice for no” the reply was a frightening single knock. “do you guys feel unconterable with us being here?” the reply was a faint and unsure double knock. we stood there confused and then there was a loud double knock. we ran back to the car. we were still confused so we called up a girl named kara on the employee list. she told us that for the short amount of time that she worked there, there was a horrible stress. this was the folks home and life and it was being takin away with no place toi live. they were abandon and alon and many died.

and thats my story that very well may continue

[really sorry about the horrible spelluing]

Anne says:

October 19, 2007, 2:20 am

I live pretty close to ‘the Dover Mansion’, as the Concordia, MO people call it, and I’ve been there several times. We never thought it was haunted, but we did hear about the cult, The Age of Enlightenment. I went there last fall to paint it, and it’s really in kind of crappy condition now. I just can’t believe the people who own it would let it get that way…then again if you don’t have the money to fix it up, what do you do? I tried to look for pics online and couldn’t find any. Nobody around this area thinks it’s haunted, not of my generation anyway, but everyone thinks it’s really mysterious because of the whole cult thing.

Daniel says:

November 9, 2007, 12:24 am

I went to the Dover Mansion today at around 4:30. Me and two friend drove up to the house and knocked. I maybe waited 5 minutes for an answer. As I waited nothing happend so I took a few pictures of the house. The house needs a good paint job and some cleaning. The house looked really dirty inside and half the windows were too dirty to look threw. So we decided to try to make our way to the back of the house but bottumed out the car so we just parked on the long gravel road and chilled for about 30 minutes.

So if you wanna see some pictures add me on myspace and send me a msg.

Livin says:

December 1, 2007, 1:44 am

I am commenting regarding the Dome in Dover Missouri,
This is not haunted. This is just a place where cults use to be at. There are still cults in WAVERLY MISSOURI today. I happen to know this because most of the teenagers there are part of it. If you want to check something creepy out you go to that town. There are supposed Vampires in Waverly as well which I wouldnt doubt.

Jake says:

February 23, 2008, 4:39 pm

Me and two of my friends went to the “Dover Mansion” a few days ago, when we got there we drove around the circle driveway to the front of the place, i walked up to the door and knocked, at first there was no answer so i was going to leave but when i turned around an old man opened the door and asked if i needed something. I asked him if he would show us the inside of the mansion, he was nice about it but said no.

Ur Mom says:

February 23, 2008, 4:42 pm

****, ****, ***, Tits, Balls!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim says:

March 1, 2008, 11:58 pm

I am heading up a paranormal investigations unit in St. Louis, if anyone can give me a few locations that my team can investigate that would be great. I would also like to know if anyone has supernatural activity in there home and would like us to investigate it.

You can reply to this post or e-mail the team at:

Bparanormal says:

March 10, 2008, 1:36 pm

Brooks Paranormal is off the ground and investigating.

(Something New)

We are holding a photo and E.V.P contest on our website.
If you are interested please visit our site at

We are also looking for new investigators so if you live in the St. Louis, Missouri area and are interested please visit our site for more information.

Tim says:

March 10, 2008, 1:41 pm

This is Tim the founder of Brooks Paranormal.

We will be investigating a haunted insane asylum in florissent, MO. We could use some Ideas as to what places we should investigate in St. Louis. If you have any suggestions please let us know at:

I have opened a chat room on our website so you can chat with us or the fans of Ghost Hunters International.

Have a great day,
Timothy Brooks
Founder – Brooks Paranormal

Triplesix says:

March 11, 2008, 10:42 pm

Chesterfield Manor = Love.

MamaD says:

March 21, 2008, 9:26 pm

I am from carrollton and know of the house you are talking about it is very easy to get to and was once a doctors office. My in laws live right next door, and I went to school with the kids that grew up there…it is not a manison it is a white 2 story house on gravel rd 270 the secound house. the gravel road is right off E blacktop on the left! I belive someone is living there now but I am not sure. The dome thing in waverly is strange but people live their and I am sure they really like people pulling in their drive way all hours of the day and night. So show some respect it is their home not a circus attraction!

Tim says:

March 22, 2008, 1:43 am

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to point out. Brooks Paranormal is looking for strong minded to join the organization if this seems like something you would be interested in and you live in the St. Louis Missouri area visit our website for more information.

We just finished a cemetery in Bellefontain, Missouri
There where a lot of claims of activity but we where able to debunk a lot of them the location name is Bethlehem Cemetery. We believe there might be something there but we where unable to catch any evidence. If you have any information or claims for this location please e-mail them to or reply to this post.

Timothy Brooks
Founder – Brooks Paranormal

Tim says:

April 27, 2008, 9:32 pm

Bparanormal was not able to investigate the haunted insane asylum in Florrisant, MO, as it had been torn down years ago. We did however Investigate a private residence where we got the most e.v.p’s we have ever gotten. This was a great location, and the team accomplished a lot.

To see the e.v.p’s visit our website at:

Founder – Brooks Paranormal Investigations.

Tim-Founder-Bparanormal says:

May 10, 2008, 8:06 pm

Hello everyone,

Our case load is thining out and we need some case Ideas. So far we have three investigations lined up. We however need some ideas. Please let us know by emailing us at, we check our email every day.

Our new website is up:

We look forward to hearing from you all.

Timothy Brooks
Founder – Brooks Paranormal Investigations

Lorrie says:

July 27, 2008, 8:38 pm

Hi. My Mom just sent me this link. I must say I found it interesting. I live in Carrollton, and have for 39 years, and know of the house mentioned here. It is next door to another house, both inside a fence and un-accessable.
As for the “Dover Mansion” – it is not in Dover and therefore should not be called Dover mansion. It is 6 miles from Waverly, in the country. I have been inside this building. I saw no blood stains. Nothing was mentioned about hangings or a cult and nothing freaky happened. The cult rumors are not verified. No evidence exists of this building being a cult house. Back in the 70’s, there was a cult around the Waverly and Carrollton areas. However, this was BEFORE the mansion outside Waverly was ever built. The man and woman who live there now are caretakers for the owners. They try to take care of the building but have alot of trouble doing this because some very rude people have vandalized it many times. They watch from windows to see who is pulling down into their driveway and very seldom answer the door. The many times I have been there, I have never been shot at. Not the last time, not the first time. The caretakers want to be left alone and be able to live in peace. Oh, and there is no garage behind this building.
There are a few other haunted houses in Carrollton, you just have to know where to look.

raven says:

August 18, 2008, 1:38 am

this seem to be done mostly by kids but has made for some good reading.
i told the ppl who live in the Waverly house about this site and must say they was not happy about it. as there home is nouthing as it been told here. so please lave them in peace. thank you

alisha says:

August 19, 2008, 5:57 pm

yeah, i live in carrollton and that house is ******* scary everyone knows about it. but i wouldn’t try to go in it the neighbors will shoot you. not kidding but if you want to get shot its on groundhog road in the country.

Johnathon says:

October 8, 2008, 11:45 am

The angels and chains house is really haunted. i drive past it every day on my way to school, and it sends chills down my spine every time i look at it. I actually do have a personal experience with the house, and i still have nightmares of the horrific event. I was driving home late one night after a geometry studay at a friends house, and my truck broke down about 1/4 mile from the Angels and Chains house. I walked on the road to the nearest house, and the only house light up was the Angels and Chains house. This was weird to me, because i had always heard the house was haunted, but nonethless, it was late and cold and i needed a phone. So i knocked on the door and no one entered, so i went inside. Immediately it felt like a gust of wind shot through the room, kind of like the gust of wind that hits you every time you smell belgium waffles, but that is a different story. I heard a sound upstairs, and proceeded to walk up the cat-feeces covered stairs. About the time i hit the 3rd stair I heard a woman’s voice scream and the lights flickered and went off. I was there in complete darkness. I was scared so much I screamed for my dog Max to come out of the truck and come save me. I ran out of the house and stayed in my truck untill a car came and helped me. I was so scared that i would never eat waffles again.

Johnathon says:

October 28, 2008, 11:32 am

Ok guys, i’ve debated it for 3 months, but im going to go with my instinct and continue to host my annual halloween party, this time it will be held at Angels and Chains house. There will be enough waffles for everyone and chisel plowhing in the back yard. Feel free to bring any homework if necessary, especially Geometry. If you need to contact me to RSVP for this wonderful event, please feel free to email me at

Ouija Boarding will begin at midnight!!!

karla says:

October 31, 2008, 9:25 pm

soooooooooo coooooooool. But very very very scary.

Bandit says:

December 15, 2008, 3:43 am

Okay, explain to me this, I thought I would check google earth to see if you could see this house or who owned it, and as soon as you type in the address it types Maharishi Vedic University in automatically and shows the mansion.

Used To Live There says:

January 5, 2009, 2:24 am

LOL….LOL….LOL….I used to live on groundhog road…and i gotta tell ya, the scariest thing out that way is all u crazy ppl driving up and down the middle of the road at a hundred miles an hour!!! I know the homes of which you speak, and the second house on the left is renovated and a family lives there…no ghosts that I have heard of. The other house belonged to a friend of the family way back and, again, no ghosts. Sorry to disappoint all y’all!!! But, LOL…this is just way to frickin funny!!!

Paulie says:

February 6, 2009, 4:09 am

Anyone know the situation on how much the irritating cops patrol the chesterfield manor??

T says:

February 24, 2009, 6:50 pm

So to all those wanting to know where the house is located, its on “groundhog road” the second gravel road to your right comming off E highway, you can’t see the house from the highway or the gravel road and you have to park and walk up the steep hill. I wouldn’t recommend this by any means…take my word for it. I had a curious night with my friends, I can hardly sleep some times because of that.

Airyfeeling says:

February 26, 2009, 10:22 am

Waverly Missouri Mansion, What’s the history?

airyfeeling says:

February 26, 2009, 10:24 am

Oops. It should be
Forgot the 2. Lol.

Randi says:

February 26, 2009, 7:17 pm

Whoops, I meant that I WASN’T talking about the house in Waverly. I used to live in Carrollton.

Randi says:

February 27, 2009, 1:58 am

Wow, your cool. Get your **** straight. Thought U was talking about the one on 24 cool your jets before I haunt you.

Johnathon says:

March 30, 2009, 10:04 am

You guys are totally freakin full of ****. You have no clue what you are talking about! If you had really been in the house, then you would have realized that it would scare the waffles out of anyone. The reason that message boards are false and not cool these days is because of you ********! Seriously guys, quit the bull ****! You are pissing me off! All i wanted to do was share my story, and you are so damn ignorant to believe it!!

Johnathon says:

March 30, 2009, 2:03 pm

Randi, you are full of ****. How dare you question my word of spending a night with my dog max in the angels and chains house. If you weren’t so ignorant and realized that the house is haunted, and WILL scare the waffles right out of you , then maybe you would have respect for other people’s stories.

Syn says:

April 20, 2009, 12:13 am

Seth134, that place is called the Dover Mansion, and NO it is not haunted. I know the tenants and they are nice people, if you want to see the place they would appreciate it if it was in the DAYTIME, as how they would like to not be disturbed at night. Yes it was used for cults twice before but isn’t now. It is being occupied by two very nice people so please give them the peace and respect they deserve.

Syn says:

April 22, 2009, 11:41 am

If you believe that then I suggest this “special” place called a sanatarium that I think you would fit in great at. I don’t disagree on the existance of the paranormal, but I find that many people exaggerate thier experiences or are just too scared to decifer the truth.

I have been to this mansion many times and know for a fact it is NOT haunted and to think so is only because your immaturity has ran away with your rationality and you had to make a normal experienece a “haunted” one.

It’s sad because the people who DO live there as so nice and children have to go there and disturb them all the time. If any of you really wanted to see that house, all you have to do is ask. It’s disrespectful to go there and cause a disturbance and I do not blame them at all for creating alternate ways to get people out of there. If they were to call the police every time someone came out there they would be doing it every day.

I think that it would be more effective, also, if you were to write a response that had more reason rather thn hostility, all you have caused me to think is that you’re uneducated and a child. Therefore, why should I be convinced of your experience if you are obviously unreasonable and irrational.

However, as to the history of the structure, again, in the past it had been used twice for matters of the occult. Now it is not, and I apologize that there aren’t as many places that support your conspiracy theory so you’re not so bored. Find something supstantial, let it go, and grow up kiddo. Nice talking to you.

Syn says:

April 22, 2009, 11:47 am

And btw, I am talking about the mansion in Dover, not the place in Carrolton of which I think you’re speaking.

Johnathon says:

May 5, 2009, 9:51 am

Sorry if i made you guys mad…i was just trying to tell my story about the horrific experience i encountered. I am not in Junior high, actually i am 34 years old. I would like to get together and talk about haunted houses and waffles, so give me a ring sometime Randi. Sorry if i pissed you off!!! You just need to be more sensitive :(…

Jonathon Wafflemetimbers

Johnathon says:

May 13, 2009, 10:20 am

Randi, if you are that big of a ***** and won’t accept my apology, then you can go and **** yourself! I can’t believe i even apoligized to you!!!

tina says:

May 26, 2009, 10:16 pm

the mansion in Waverly Mo, does anyone know the name of the cult? Yes I have seen it but it was in the light hugh, scary, many windows, 3 domes .

nicole tableson says:

September 8, 2009, 9:58 pm

in my house on a dark hill in ohio in liverpool its surrounded by woods and a bunch of indians used to camp there and a little boy hung himself on the rope we use to hang up our tire swing were not allowed to go out at night becouse of the ghosts and in our hallway my cusin gennifer was pulled down the hall by a little boy but he hated everyone exept her he threw things at micheal and tossed bricks from outside at deniell(d-in-ell)
and you can here our dog barking at them all night our road is the least of ur worries but a woman gose up and down that road with a gun and a fetherd hat she was a indian also if u look closely in the woods u can see flashlights go off and its becouse a old woman is trying to find her husband(she is dead too and so is he)the reson why she is looking for him is becouse indians beat him to death for killing little boys and rapeing little girls anyway they cut off his head and threw his body somewere else she carries his head in one hand and a flashlight in the other killing any thing in her path trieing to find her husband befor its too late to escape this is a true story no lies included

waverlyone says:

October 22, 2009, 11:47 am

The Dover Mansion near waverly( Seth) is not at all haunted but it used to be a cult. its nicknamed the “waverly airport” bc the ppl thought they could fly. I live right nexted door to it. The ppl that live there are watchers of the house and they’re named mary and james. they are really nice people.

Johnathon says:

October 23, 2009, 8:13 pm

Listen *******…i’ve held my ground and not told about the horrific experiences i encountered for about a year, but it is close to halloween and time to tell of my stories. First of all Waverlyone you are a ******* ***** who likes to piss people off! You remind me of that ***** Syn and that ******* **** Randi! I had another experience with the Angels and Chains house. Late one night i went to the house by you probably already know, my dog Max ******* died in the house last year. Anyways i went inside and there was this burning bible and an old lady staring at me with a spatchula and a waffle iron screaming, leave or you will be haunted forever…this scared the living waffles out of me, and i feared i would never be able to do asymptotes ever again. I ran upstairs and tripped on a protractor and fell through the window..i ran really fast back to my truck..(approx 17.9 seconds in 100 meters) and my tires were slit..this pissed me off because it bet it was that ***** Randi! Anyways i had to walk home and i pledge i’ll never go to that house again!!

misty says:

December 22, 2009, 3:10 pm

what is the house called i used to live in carrollton and would like more info. on the house

kat says:

December 28, 2009, 11:09 am

About the dover mansion…..the trees have grown up so far around the area you cannot see the domes from the highway. I’ve lived in waverly my entire life. And let me inform you that waverly people are not “weird” in any way. Well not anymore “weird” than the residents in any other small town. The care takers of this mansion have different beliefs then most, yes, but it does not mean that what they are taking care of should be vandalized. “The moonies” are actually very nice people. I’ve met them a couple times, being as they eat all organic foods and they buy their produce from the local apple markets during summer months. I must say however, someone who is not aware of their transcendental way of life would be stupid enough to make comments about everyone who is not as judgemental as yourself in the town of waverly. The people are nice. I’ve heard many stories from friends about what they have seen but all personal experiences. Nothing can be proven without proof. And until the proof is put in front of my face my beliefs will stay the same. The people seldomly give tours of the place. And when they do its only during the day. It is very old and hasn’t been taken care of quite as well as it should have been. Although its beautiful features can still be seen like the handcarved murals in the wood on the staircase and some other panels in the home. It is true that you can hear gun shots, because they shoot straight up in the air to scare of the kids trying to disturb them late at night. The spotlights are true too. But are only another scare tactic. They only wish to be left alone. I’m sorry if you think I’m weird, but in my eyes people have gotten way to judgemental in this world. So the next time you do something and someone calls you weird, feel free rethink those hypocritical comments you made about people and things you have no idea as to what your running your mouth about.

Marjorie Lankford says:

December 31, 2009, 10:50 pm

Some friends and I started a group that we call the farmington paranormal investigators. We look for haunted houses and add them to our list. We are going to have a site up as soon as we can. We would like to have the address to this place to add to our records. That would be awesome. Thank you my e-mail is please contact me if you have any locations at all that you would like to share with me and tell me of your experience there. thank you all again.

Kyrstye says:

January 1, 2010, 6:26 pm

Chesterfield Manor is still there. My friends and I went to try to get inside of it, but the office door was shut and there were lights on. We think that they may be planning to tear it down, which is a very sad thought. It is indeed a very very hot spot for activity. If anyone decides to visit there, take some type of spiritual protection.

Elizabeth says:

May 17, 2010, 8:37 pm

This place is surrounded by cameras on the left side and neighbors on the right who will call the police once they see you. .. dont get in trouble! no reckless vandalizing that is what made the city block it off in the first place.

Lorrie says:

June 1, 2010, 2:05 pm

A little heads up, Randi knows exactly what she is talking about. I know the entire family and know who owns the “angels and chains” house on groundhog road in Carrollton. There are ALL kinds of stories about this house, which I don’t really believe much of. If people are going into that house, they are climbing over the fence and breaking and entering to get into that house. There is a house in close proximity to this house and I would think if so many people were breaking into that house, they would report it to the police. There have been no reports, I would know, everything makes our paper!!
As for the “dover mansion’, which is located outside of Waverly, not Dover. It was built in the 1970’s, by a “college” called the Maharishi Global Development – or Age of Enlightenment. They held classes there and housed the students. It was obviously not a typical college, but taught, none the less. There is another one of these identical buildings located at another place here in Missouri, which I have not seen but was more than welcome to visit when I wanted. (Too far to drive). The people living there are NOT James and Mary, unless the caretakers I have met have moved out since I last talked to them. The Maharishi moved out of Missouri and left people at both facilities to care for the buildings, and to try to keep vandals away. They are a very nice couple and I have visited more than once, and NEVER been shot at, or heard ANY screams. It is a beautiful building and needs to be left alone by those who wish to destroy it. I don’t know why people think because a building looks empty that it is ok to tamper with it or do any kind of damage to it. As I said before, there are plenty of haunted houses around here, you just have to know where to look, but DO NOT vandalize, destroy or interfere with anything or anyone.

Sloane says:

June 25, 2010, 4:00 pm

Actually, the house in not in Carrollton, but right outside of Carrollton. I would know, I live in Carrollton.

kat says:

June 27, 2010, 5:05 pm

Just fyi here, for all those that “vandalized” the dover mansion. You don’t have to worry about the messes you’ve caused anymore. The mansion and land has been purchased by a local family involved in the logging business. they plan to demolish the house, and then take all the trees on the land. The reason they plan to is because its been messed with so much, hasn’t been taken care of properly, and is now in such bad shape its pointless to keep it standing if nothing happens inside but vandalism. However, its apparent that the trees will soon disappear.

Lorrie says:

June 28, 2010, 9:43 pm

I heard about that too and I think it is a shame that such a spectacular building is going to be destroyed.

Lorrie says:

June 29, 2010, 6:30 pm

I was at this location this morning, and the rumors are true. It has been sold and the new owners are logging all the trees off the property and are planning to tear the building down. I went there hoping to find that the previous care taker and his wife were still there and the rumors to just be rumors, but it is true. As I have always loved this property, it is heart-wrenching to know such a beautiful, magnificent structure will destroyed. I hope everyone will be happy now, since this piece of architecture will no longer be available for certain ones to vandalize. In talking to the new owner, I know that they ARE having people arrested/ticketed for trespassing, including a few idiots who actually broke into the building. Please pass this info along to others and maybe the new owners can live in peace, before and after demolition.

Is it worth the mess? says:

July 2, 2010, 7:16 pm

Let me tell ya something. It is not a good idea to go out to the “Dover Mansion”. The new owners are fed up with people trespassing and breaking in and they are having people arrested and thrown in jail. I live over in Corder and heard this morning that they had people out there last night that got arrested for breaking and entering. Such a beautiful building going to waste because people can’t leave well enough alone. I hope the owners show up at their houses at 3 in the morning to look at their homes and throw rocks through windows. That would be poetic justice.

Jessa Stobbs says:

July 18, 2010, 6:44 am

My house in Martins Ferry, Ohio, Is haunted. Ever since i was little i have seen two women and a man of the victorian era walking through the door and half way across the room and disappearing into a thin dust. I saw them everynight when i stayed in this room at the same time. Nowthat i have moved rooms, which is not far away , the doors are diagonal from each other about a foot, if that. I have not seen them any more. But they were real i would wake up knowing i would see them i was scared but i had to look and when they came in and left i screamed, i could not scream while they were in there, it was like i lost my voice. My sister never saw them. But since i moved rooms i haven’t seen them, but my father has been building ma dresser unit in my closet which he had to take out the whole wall and start from scratch and i think it may have disturbed some spirit or spirits. Once i was sitting on my bed and my sister walked in the door and my ring holder flew across my room and hit the wall and shattered. And sometimes while you sit in there you feel cold spots and breezes and it makes you want to vomit, once i did but i wus feeling fine i went to walk out of my room and i bent over and vomitted. I do not know why but i did. My sister gets the same feeling. You never feel alone in that room, you hear noises, once i actually felt someone touch my face and paly with my hair. My sister refuses to go in my room at night or by herself becuase things move with you or with out you in there, noises are made, and you just want to leave. Now my oldest sister once had to stay at my house over night with us and she stayed in my parent’s room and she went to bed and everything was fine. She felt like the cat had jumpped on her so she woke up, he wus a huge cat, but when she woke up nothing was there so she went back to bed. Then she heard the floor creak beside her adn she though my sister and I where waking her up so she got up, but again no one was there. So she layed back down for a short while and heard the floor creak. So she sat up and look at the floor by the door and in the carpet were in fact foot prints leading from the door to the bed, and when she sat up they were being made as someone was walking over to her. So she was a little scared but sat there and all of a sudden two dips had sunk into the foot of the bed, as if people sat down. She slowly sat up farther, and as she did she felt something push back her hair off of her face and a women’s voice said ” You look just like my duaghter” and then a man’s voice said “Yes, yes she does” and then she jumpped up and screamed adn turned the lights on in every room and sat downstairs. When my sister and I went downstairs to see what was wrong she told us and we were scared. But those are not the only things in this house that are weird. When you stand in the kitchen it feels as if someone is following you around, hoovering over your neck. You never feel alone. And what scares my mother is that she,her mother, and I all have spiritual encounters. Her mother was sorta of a medium and she could sense adn see spirits alot. My mother saw her dead uncle while giving birth to my oldest sister, and she has had many more encounters than that one. And what scares her more whit me is that i am a Pisces and pisces are usually mediums becuase we pisces are linked to the Christian faith and to God, and Jesus. And while we were searching on the internet one day we stumbled upon a site about psces adn faith and it showed us a Vesica Pisces, which is the two circles intertwining and it showed pictures of Jesus and the Virgin Mary sitting in these circles feet touching the bridge between the two worlds, mean the Physical and the Spiritual, and the pisces r in the middle. As a bridge between the worlds. So my mother is worried that i shall be able to sense and feel and see these spirits better than msot becuase of me being a pisces and that of her mother being a medium. But back to my house. It is very weird that only my mother and I have seen spirits, but my oldest sister looks like my mother’s twin, so we think the spirits were my mother’s parents, becuase when that happened we had jsut opened up the atic. But if you would like to hear more stories or more detailed ones, leave a comment and i will answer any questions. Thank you, and sorry i get a little off topic in the middle i did this at 5:34 a.m.

Matt says:

August 1, 2010, 11:08 pm

Hey anyone who wants to hit Chesterfield manor go now. I work for a Creve Couer Developer who has signed a contract to buy the land and tear it down. There shooting for late fall. Its gonna be replaced by a medical building. so ya thats why door are shut and lights were on its coming down so make your final runs

Kayla says:

August 16, 2010, 4:12 pm

I would not reccomend going to Dover mansion there have have been 7 arrests last month and the new owners are strict about tresspassing. Also rumor has it that the new owners are tearing it down.

Ed and Amanda says:

August 16, 2010, 7:52 pm

It is true about the Dover Mansion. People are being arrested and it is going to be tore down. My girlfriends uncle knows the the present owners, and the other day we had the privilege of going inside the building. I must say it is really a shame that people want to vandalize such a place!!!! It is truly a spectacular piece of architecture, inside and out. The owners are selling everything that’s left inside, but you must contact them to set up a time to go in. They are also having an auction in Sept to sell whats left.

Martha says:

August 17, 2010, 1:28 pm

Chesterfield Manor is just an old delapidated, closed nursing home. It caught fire, suspiciously today. It is not haunted. I use to work there when I was in high school and it is NOT haunted. People have used and abused this place making it seem haunted. It’s not.

mary says:

August 28, 2010, 4:07 am

I used to work at the old chesterfield nursing home, creepy yes, old not really built 1961, 2 rooms on the west wing were not used for patients due to the lingering cold spots, that was not the a.c.maintainence could never find source of cold spots. one night i was working late and i heard flushing, we were looking for the source, we found one of the toilets was just continuosly flushing, again the maintanence dept could not find the problem. and there were several rooms about 8 on the east wing that couldnt be used due to the strange strong sickening sweet smell almost like birthday cake, but much stronger, housekeeping could never get rid of that smell no matter how muched they cleaned thoses rooms, this was something else. there was also a very powerful negitive feeling, and it affected the staff, we had bomb threats, were we had to evacuate the whole building. we had staff that would say” iam gonna get a gun and kill all the nurses” very oppressive and forboding feeling the whole time i worked there, it seemed to effect everyone woking there even the boses. haunted ? I dont know, but deffinately creepy, forboding, dread,unexplained happenings, yes this is for certain.

mary says:

August 29, 2010, 4:56 am

Chesterfield manor nursing home was never an insane asylum never. i was a nursing home always just want to get that straight. specifically a medicade home( please look up medicade, it will explain everything ) it was closed in 1998, due to lack of funds to fix multiple infrustructural issues,code violations state and fed and had a rather bad rep due to allegied neglect, and staffing issues ( use your immagination) whatever you come up with will fit. I worked there, yes there were also strange occurances, things no one could explain such as continuosly flushing toilets and cold spots in resident rooms, and a oppressive, foreboding feeling that seemed to effect everyone everytime i was there. but there were good things that happened there too.haunted maybe, nothing supprises me.I was told that a room in the basement of the place that was used as a morgue back in the day, that was are break room, believe it or not. no one liked to take breaks in there because, it had an odor, and was creepy, and chairs would move sometimes if you were sitting in there alone. so haunted maybe, its all gone now, i really hope they dont build houses on the site.

Oh yeah! says:

September 16, 2010, 2:35 pm

Auction at Dover Mansion is this Saturday, September 18th @ 10pm for any of those interested.

Oh yeah! says:

September 16, 2010, 2:36 pm

I apologize, 10am! =)

brad says:

October 16, 2010, 1:12 am

the place near waverly you are talking about is the dover mansion.. yes its a huge creepy mansion but i have been there and been inside, saw nothing in the way of ghost but it was fun but be warned some of my friends went back and got arrested… the cops are known to watch that place closely, especially through summer and fall

Taylor says:

February 1, 2011, 12:08 am

my friend told me that she had once been in this house. she said that she started getting freaked out as soon as she got onto the property and that she she opened the door the rocking chair started moving and she got to scared and left. I have also went out to the house and taken picture of the house with my digital camera and white blurs started showing up on my camera.

logan says:

February 25, 2011, 1:56 pm

i went to this house with my friends not thanking it was hunted but as soon as we pulled up i felt a poltergeist in my face.

logan says:

February 25, 2011, 1:59 pm

one of my friend herd a rocking chair then we saw what look like a chains

Heilav1 says:

August 15, 2011, 7:36 pm

Hello to all of the Angels and chains house fans. I am Eric Heil and I am now the farmer of the angels and chains farm ground. The current owners of the house want it gone so if anybody is interested in getting one last tour of it give me a call at 816 405 7918 or email me at Ive been in it and Ive heard alot of stories about it. I didn’t experience anything. It never freaked me out until this summer when everyone I talked to told me about it. Now when I go in with a tractor I give it a wide birth LOL!!!! I would love to hear of the experiences you all have of it.

tamera says:

September 16, 2011, 5:52 pm

Well just looken for good haunted houses or hayrides. For the kids. But on another note. I live on civil war ground. So there has been a few things. But to not give anyone ideas there is a huge. Abandond hotel in eureka spr ark. I was able to get in it. At first we were just checking it out. But I noticed. No dust. No bugs. No spiders. Etc. We walked around a while. I wouldn’t. Even let my friend take a towel. To say we did it. We went to city hall. Been empty for yrs. Owner does.nt live in ark. They think there must be a care taker. Cause they have seen lights on. True story. Went to a medium in town. She said shed hers about it. But what upset her. No. Dust. And she knew it had been empty 4yrs

Cheyenne says:

October 20, 2011, 10:18 am

I live in carrollton and I know where the house is… it is located on a dirt road on the west side of Carrollton

Ronnie says:

October 24, 2011, 3:42 pm

its a real good place and very real i live in carrollton now

Lucas says:

December 14, 2011, 8:12 pm

I live in Carrollton and I have went to this home, “secretly” I may add. It is on CR 274 and is the second house on the left after turning off Highway E. During the time I was in the house, I was with about 6 other people and saw nothing except some creepy medical supplies as if a past owner was a doctor. We couldn’t go upstairs due to the staircase being unsafe. I haven’t been by the house for a while so I’m unsure if it is still there. If you were to go into it I would advise you to ask for permission because trespassing is one of many laws the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department enforce to the fullest, trust me. There are also many other easier to access places around the Carrollton area that are said to be haunted.

James Mcnicol says:

August 21, 2012, 11:59 am

The house was located on Groundhog Road, however it has been demolished.

Zach says:

June 26, 2013, 12:18 am

what is the address for this house…