Angels and Chains

Carrollton, Missouri

This house is said to be the location of many poltergeist. There was even the sighting of an angel in this house once in 1987. Reportedly, the apparitions dragged chains across the floor and would rock in squeaky rocking chairs. It is alleged that the house is very renowned through out the town.

« · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · Next » ·

MamaD says:

March 21, 2008, 9:26 pm

I am from carrollton and know of the house you are talking about it is very easy to get to and was once a doctors office. My in laws live right next door, and I went to school with the kids that grew up there…it is not a manison it is a white 2 story house on gravel rd 270 the secound house. the gravel road is right off E blacktop on the left! I belive someone is living there now but I am not sure. The dome thing in waverly is strange but people live their and I am sure they really like people pulling in their drive way all hours of the day and night. So show some respect it is their home not a circus attraction!

Tim says:

March 22, 2008, 1:43 am

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to point out. Brooks Paranormal is looking for strong minded to join the organization if this seems like something you would be interested in and you live in the St. Louis Missouri area visit our website for more information.

Investigations:

We just finished a cemetery in Bellefontain, Missouri
There where a lot of claims of activity but we where able to debunk a lot of them the location name is Bethlehem Cemetery. We believe there might be something there but we where unable to catch any evidence. If you have any information or claims for this location please e-mail them to bparanormal@live.com or reply to this post.

Thanks,
Timothy Brooks
Founder – Brooks Paranormal

Tim says:

April 27, 2008, 9:32 pm

Bparanormal was not able to investigate the haunted insane asylum in Florrisant, MO, as it had been torn down years ago. We did however Investigate a private residence where we got the most e.v.p’s we have ever gotten. This was a great location, and the team accomplished a lot.

To see the e.v.p’s visit our website at:

Thanks,
Tim
Founder – Brooks Paranormal Investigations.

Tim-Founder-Bparanormal says:

May 10, 2008, 8:06 pm

Hello everyone,

Our case load is thining out and we need some case Ideas. So far we have three investigations lined up. We however need some ideas. Please let us know by emailing us at bparanormal@live.com, we check our email every day.

Our new website is up: bparanormal.bravehost.com

We look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks,
Timothy Brooks
Founder – Brooks Paranormal Investigations

Lorrie says:

July 27, 2008, 8:38 pm

Hi. My Mom just sent me this link. I must say I found it interesting. I live in Carrollton, and have for 39 years, and know of the house mentioned here. It is next door to another house, both inside a fence and un-accessable.
As for the “Dover Mansion” – it is not in Dover and therefore should not be called Dover mansion. It is 6 miles from Waverly, in the country. I have been inside this building. I saw no blood stains. Nothing was mentioned about hangings or a cult and nothing freaky happened. The cult rumors are not verified. No evidence exists of this building being a cult house. Back in the 70′s, there was a cult around the Waverly and Carrollton areas. However, this was BEFORE the mansion outside Waverly was ever built. The man and woman who live there now are caretakers for the owners. They try to take care of the building but have alot of trouble doing this because some very rude people have vandalized it many times. They watch from windows to see who is pulling down into their driveway and very seldom answer the door. The many times I have been there, I have never been shot at. Not the last time, not the first time. The caretakers want to be left alone and be able to live in peace. Oh, and there is no garage behind this building.
There are a few other haunted houses in Carrollton, you just have to know where to look.
Ariesgirl41668@yahoo.com

raven says:

August 18, 2008, 1:38 am

this seem to be done mostly by kids but has made for some good reading.
i told the ppl who live in the Waverly house about this site and must say they was not happy about it. as there home is nouthing as it been told here. so please lave them in peace. thank you

alisha says:

August 19, 2008, 5:57 pm

yeah, i live in carrollton and that house is ******* scary everyone knows about it. but i wouldn’t try to go in it the neighbors will shoot you. not kidding but if you want to get shot its on groundhog road in the country.

Johnathon says:

October 8, 2008, 11:45 am

The angels and chains house is really haunted. i drive past it every day on my way to school, and it sends chills down my spine every time i look at it. I actually do have a personal experience with the house, and i still have nightmares of the horrific event. I was driving home late one night after a geometry studay at a friends house, and my truck broke down about 1/4 mile from the Angels and Chains house. I walked on the road to the nearest house, and the only house light up was the Angels and Chains house. This was weird to me, because i had always heard the house was haunted, but nonethless, it was late and cold and i needed a phone. So i knocked on the door and no one entered, so i went inside. Immediately it felt like a gust of wind shot through the room, kind of like the gust of wind that hits you every time you smell belgium waffles, but that is a different story. I heard a sound upstairs, and proceeded to walk up the cat-feeces covered stairs. About the time i hit the 3rd stair I heard a woman’s voice scream and the lights flickered and went off. I was there in complete darkness. I was scared so much I screamed for my dog Max to come out of the truck and come save me. I ran out of the house and stayed in my truck untill a car came and helped me. I was so scared that i would never eat waffles again.

Johnathon says:

October 28, 2008, 11:32 am

Ok guys, i’ve debated it for 3 months, but im going to go with my instinct and continue to host my annual halloween party, this time it will be held at Angels and Chains house. There will be enough waffles for everyone and chisel plowhing in the back yard. Feel free to bring any homework if necessary, especially Geometry. If you need to contact me to RSVP for this wonderful event, please feel free to email me at johnny_bob_31_09@hotmail.com

Ouija Boarding will begin at midnight!!!

karla says:

October 31, 2008, 9:25 pm

soooooooooo coooooooool. But very very very scary.

Bandit says:

December 15, 2008, 3:43 am

Okay, explain to me this, I thought I would check google earth to see if you could see this house or who owned it, and as soon as you type in the address it types Maharishi Vedic University in automatically and shows the mansion.

Used To Live There says:

January 5, 2009, 2:24 am

LOL….LOL….LOL….I used to live on groundhog road…and i gotta tell ya, the scariest thing out that way is all u crazy ppl driving up and down the middle of the road at a hundred miles an hour!!! I know the homes of which you speak, and the second house on the left is renovated and a family lives there…no ghosts that I have heard of. The other house belonged to a friend of the family way back and, again, no ghosts. Sorry to disappoint all y’all!!! But, LOL…this is just way to frickin funny!!!

Paulie says:

February 6, 2009, 4:09 am

Anyone know the situation on how much the irritating cops patrol the chesterfield manor??

T says:

February 24, 2009, 6:50 pm

So to all those wanting to know where the house is located, its on “groundhog road” the second gravel road to your right comming off E highway, you can’t see the house from the highway or the gravel road and you have to park and walk up the steep hill. I wouldn’t recommend this by any means…take my word for it. I had a curious night with my friends, I can hardly sleep some times because of that.

Airyfeeling says:

February 26, 2009, 10:22 am

Waverly Missouri Mansion, What’s the history?

airyfeeling says:

February 26, 2009, 10:24 am

Oops. It should be http://www.myspace.com/452797776.
Forgot the 2. Lol.

Randi says:

February 26, 2009, 7:17 pm

Whoops, I meant that I WASN’T talking about the house in Waverly. I used to live in Carrollton.

Randi says:

February 27, 2009, 1:58 am

Wow, your cool. Get your **** straight. Thought U was talking about the one on 24 cool your jets before I haunt you.

Johnathon says:

March 30, 2009, 10:04 am

You guys are totally freakin full of ****. You have no clue what you are talking about! If you had really been in the house, then you would have realized that it would scare the waffles out of anyone. The reason that message boards are false and not cool these days is because of you ********! Seriously guys, quit the bull ****! You are pissing me off! All i wanted to do was share my story, and you are so damn ignorant to believe it!!

GET A LIFE!!

-wafflemetimebers_

Johnathon says:

March 30, 2009, 2:03 pm

Randi, you are full of ****. How dare you question my word of spending a night with my dog max in the angels and chains house. If you weren’t so ignorant and realized that the house is haunted, and WILL scare the waffles right out of you , then maybe you would have respect for other people’s stories.

« · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · Next » ·