Angels and Chains

Carrollton, Missouri

This house is said to be the location of many poltergeist. There was even the sighting of an angel in this house once in 1987. Reportedly, the apparitions dragged chains across the floor and would rock in squeaky rocking chairs. It is alleged that the house is very renowned through out the town.

« · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] ·

Jessa Stobbs says:

July 18, 2010, 6:44 am

My house in Martins Ferry, Ohio, Is haunted. Ever since i was little i have seen two women and a man of the victorian era walking through the door and half way across the room and disappearing into a thin dust. I saw them everynight when i stayed in this room at the same time. Nowthat i have moved rooms, which is not far away , the doors are diagonal from each other about a foot, if that. I have not seen them any more. But they were real i would wake up knowing i would see them i was scared but i had to look and when they came in and left i screamed, i could not scream while they were in there, it was like i lost my voice. My sister never saw them. But since i moved rooms i haven’t seen them, but my father has been building ma dresser unit in my closet which he had to take out the whole wall and start from scratch and i think it may have disturbed some spirit or spirits. Once i was sitting on my bed and my sister walked in the door and my ring holder flew across my room and hit the wall and shattered. And sometimes while you sit in there you feel cold spots and breezes and it makes you want to vomit, once i did but i wus feeling fine i went to walk out of my room and i bent over and vomitted. I do not know why but i did. My sister gets the same feeling. You never feel alone in that room, you hear noises, once i actually felt someone touch my face and paly with my hair. My sister refuses to go in my room at night or by herself becuase things move with you or with out you in there, noises are made, and you just want to leave. Now my oldest sister once had to stay at my house over night with us and she stayed in my parent’s room and she went to bed and everything was fine. She felt like the cat had jumpped on her so she woke up, he wus a huge cat, but when she woke up nothing was there so she went back to bed. Then she heard the floor creak beside her adn she though my sister and I where waking her up so she got up, but again no one was there. So she layed back down for a short while and heard the floor creak. So she sat up and look at the floor by the door and in the carpet were in fact foot prints leading from the door to the bed, and when she sat up they were being made as someone was walking over to her. So she was a little scared but sat there and all of a sudden two dips had sunk into the foot of the bed, as if people sat down. She slowly sat up farther, and as she did she felt something push back her hair off of her face and a women’s voice said ” You look just like my duaghter” and then a man’s voice said “Yes, yes she does” and then she jumpped up and screamed adn turned the lights on in every room and sat downstairs. When my sister and I went downstairs to see what was wrong she told us and we were scared. But those are not the only things in this house that are weird. When you stand in the kitchen it feels as if someone is following you around, hoovering over your neck. You never feel alone. And what scares my mother is that she,her mother, and I all have spiritual encounters. Her mother was sorta of a medium and she could sense adn see spirits alot. My mother saw her dead uncle while giving birth to my oldest sister, and she has had many more encounters than that one. And what scares her more whit me is that i am a Pisces and pisces are usually mediums becuase we pisces are linked to the Christian faith and to God, and Jesus. And while we were searching on the internet one day we stumbled upon a site about psces adn faith and it showed us a Vesica Pisces, which is the two circles intertwining and it showed pictures of Jesus and the Virgin Mary sitting in these circles feet touching the bridge between the two worlds, mean the Physical and the Spiritual, and the pisces r in the middle. As a bridge between the worlds. So my mother is worried that i shall be able to sense and feel and see these spirits better than msot becuase of me being a pisces and that of her mother being a medium. But back to my house. It is very weird that only my mother and I have seen spirits, but my oldest sister looks like my mother’s twin, so we think the spirits were my mother’s parents, becuase when that happened we had jsut opened up the atic. But if you would like to hear more stories or more detailed ones, leave a comment and i will answer any questions. Thank you, and sorry i get a little off topic in the middle i did this at 5:34 a.m.

Matt says:

August 1, 2010, 11:08 pm

Hey anyone who wants to hit Chesterfield manor go now. I work for a Creve Couer Developer who has signed a contract to buy the land and tear it down. There shooting for late fall. Its gonna be replaced by a medical building. so ya thats why door are shut and lights were on its coming down so make your final runs

Kayla says:

August 16, 2010, 4:12 pm

I would not reccomend going to Dover mansion there have have been 7 arrests last month and the new owners are strict about tresspassing. Also rumor has it that the new owners are tearing it down.

Ed and Amanda says:

August 16, 2010, 7:52 pm

It is true about the Dover Mansion. People are being arrested and it is going to be tore down. My girlfriends uncle knows the the present owners, and the other day we had the privilege of going inside the building. I must say it is really a shame that people want to vandalize such a place!!!! It is truly a spectacular piece of architecture, inside and out. The owners are selling everything that’s left inside, but you must contact them to set up a time to go in. They are also having an auction in Sept to sell whats left.

Martha says:

August 17, 2010, 1:28 pm

Chesterfield Manor is just an old delapidated, closed nursing home. It caught fire, suspiciously today. It is not haunted. I use to work there when I was in high school and it is NOT haunted. People have used and abused this place making it seem haunted. It’s not.

mary says:

August 28, 2010, 4:07 am

I used to work at the old chesterfield nursing home, creepy yes, old not really built 1961, 2 rooms on the west wing were not used for patients due to the lingering cold spots, that was not the a.c.maintainence could never find source of cold spots. one night i was working late and i heard flushing, we were looking for the source, we found one of the toilets was just continuosly flushing, again the maintanence dept could not find the problem. and there were several rooms about 8 on the east wing that couldnt be used due to the strange strong sickening sweet smell almost like birthday cake, but much stronger, housekeeping could never get rid of that smell no matter how muched they cleaned thoses rooms, this was something else. there was also a very powerful negitive feeling, and it affected the staff, we had bomb threats, were we had to evacuate the whole building. we had staff that would say” iam gonna get a gun and kill all the nurses” very oppressive and forboding feeling the whole time i worked there, it seemed to effect everyone woking there even the boses. haunted ? I dont know, but deffinately creepy, forboding, dread,unexplained happenings, yes this is for certain.

mary says:

August 29, 2010, 4:56 am

Chesterfield manor nursing home was never an insane asylum never. i was a nursing home always just want to get that straight. specifically a medicade home( please look up medicade, it will explain everything ) it was closed in 1998, due to lack of funds to fix multiple infrustructural issues,code violations state and fed and had a rather bad rep due to allegied neglect, and staffing issues ( use your immagination) whatever you come up with will fit. I worked there, yes there were also strange occurances, things no one could explain such as continuosly flushing toilets and cold spots in resident rooms, and a oppressive, foreboding feeling that seemed to effect everyone everytime i was there. but there were good things that happened there too.haunted maybe, nothing supprises me.I was told that a room in the basement of the place that was used as a morgue back in the day, that was are break room, believe it or not. no one liked to take breaks in there because, it had an odor, and was creepy, and chairs would move sometimes if you were sitting in there alone. so haunted maybe, its all gone now, i really hope they dont build houses on the site.

Oh yeah! says:

September 16, 2010, 2:35 pm

Auction at Dover Mansion is this Saturday, September 18th @ 10pm for any of those interested.

Oh yeah! says:

September 16, 2010, 2:36 pm

I apologize, 10am! =)

brad says:

October 16, 2010, 1:12 am

the place near waverly you are talking about is the dover mansion.. yes its a huge creepy mansion but i have been there and been inside, saw nothing in the way of ghost but it was fun but be warned some of my friends went back and got arrested… the cops are known to watch that place closely, especially through summer and fall

Taylor says:

February 1, 2011, 12:08 am

my friend told me that she had once been in this house. she said that she started getting freaked out as soon as she got onto the property and that she she opened the door the rocking chair started moving and she got to scared and left. I have also went out to the house and taken picture of the house with my digital camera and white blurs started showing up on my camera.

logan says:

February 25, 2011, 1:56 pm

i went to this house with my friends not thanking it was hunted but as soon as we pulled up i felt a poltergeist in my face.

logan says:

February 25, 2011, 1:59 pm

one of my friend herd a rocking chair then we saw what look like a chains

Heilav1 says:

August 15, 2011, 7:36 pm

Hello to all of the Angels and chains house fans. I am Eric Heil and I am now the farmer of the angels and chains farm ground. The current owners of the house want it gone so if anybody is interested in getting one last tour of it give me a call at 816 405 7918 or email me at enorborne@aol.com Ive been in it and Ive heard alot of stories about it. I didn’t experience anything. It never freaked me out until this summer when everyone I talked to told me about it. Now when I go in with a tractor I give it a wide birth LOL!!!! I would love to hear of the experiences you all have of it.

tamera says:

September 16, 2011, 5:52 pm

Well just looken for good haunted houses or hayrides. For the kids. But on another note. I live on civil war ground. So there has been a few things. But to not give anyone ideas there is a huge. Abandond hotel in eureka spr ark. I was able to get in it. At first we were just checking it out. But I noticed. No dust. No bugs. No spiders. Etc. We walked around a while. I wouldn’t. Even let my friend take a towel. To say we did it. We went to city hall. Been empty for yrs. Owner does.nt live in ark. They think there must be a care taker. Cause they have seen lights on. True story. Went to a medium in town. She said shed hers about it. But what upset her. No. Dust. And she knew it had been empty 4yrs

Cheyenne says:

October 20, 2011, 10:18 am

I live in carrollton and I know where the house is… it is located on a dirt road on the west side of Carrollton

Ronnie says:

October 24, 2011, 3:42 pm

its a real good place and very real i live in carrollton now

Lucas says:

December 14, 2011, 8:12 pm

I live in Carrollton and I have went to this home, “secretly” I may add. It is on CR 274 and is the second house on the left after turning off Highway E. During the time I was in the house, I was with about 6 other people and saw nothing except some creepy medical supplies as if a past owner was a doctor. We couldn’t go upstairs due to the staircase being unsafe. I haven’t been by the house for a while so I’m unsure if it is still there. If you were to go into it I would advise you to ask for permission because trespassing is one of many laws the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department enforce to the fullest, trust me. There are also many other easier to access places around the Carrollton area that are said to be haunted.

James Mcnicol says:

August 21, 2012, 11:59 am

The house was located on Groundhog Road, however it has been demolished.

Zach says:

June 26, 2013, 12:18 am

what is the address for this house…

« · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] ·