Kaimuki House

Kaimuki, Hawaii
By Cecilia

Hawaii is known for its beaches, beautiful scenery, and friendly nativesâ?¦but did you know itâ??s also one of Americaâ??s most haunted states? There are countless stories telling of ghosts and demons, including a particularly nasty one located at the famous Kaimuki House in Honolulu, Hawaii. Many families have moved or vacationed there over the years, only to be thrown out by strange and usually dangerous occurrences. On one occasion, a young couple bought the property and moved in. Within a short time, people next door started hearing loud bangs and crashes. Thinking it was a domestic violence incident, the neighbors called the police. But when the police arrived to investigate, nobody could even begin to explain what had been happening. All the couple could gather was that it felt as if they were â??being attacked by something they could not even see.â?

The creature said to reside in the Kaimuki house is called a â??Kashaâ?, a man-eating ghost from Japanese folklore. Other interpretations of this monster include a ghoul who lives around crematoriums and feeds on the dead, and a cat-like demon from the sky who steals away bodies. However, all three versions have one thing in common: its insatiable hunger for blood and corpses.

Sometime during the summer of 1942, the police were called to the house again for another incident. A woman had been repeatedly screaming, â??Sheâ??s trying to kill my children!â? which they heard upon pulling up to the front of the house. After entering, the police could only stare for over an hour as the three kids were hurled across the room, slapped, and levitatedâ?¦all by some invisible force. This event (which was published in the local newspaper) inspired Arthur McDougal to write a fictional, much more violent account. In his story, the children were literally ripped apart by the entity right before the motherâ??s eyes.
In the spring of 1977, another young couple moved into the Kaimuki House, oblivious to its creepy history. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary until they returned from having a traditional Hawaiian Motherâ??s Day dinner, and retired for the night at about 8:00 pm. Around midnight, the bedroom became increasingly chilly, although there was no wind blowing through the curtains. Having woken up, the wife saw a white figure of a large woman standing at the foot of their bed. However, there was nothing visible below her waist, and she appeared to have no arms. Once the wife got up to use the bathroom, the figure disappeared. A little shaken by these events, the couple made an appointment to see their reverend. He told them that their visitor was simply a wandering, harmless spirit who needed a little help moving on. He then advised them to put some food and water on a table every night in the general area where they had seen the ghost, and toss it out the window at dusk as an offering. After the couple repeated this for a whole week, the woman never appeared again.
A possible explanation for these spooky happenings may be the two murders allegedly committed in the house. The first one is a twist on the story mentioned before, about the children being brutally killed. However, the case states that it was actually a father who murdered his two kids, along with his wife. He buried his son and wife in the backyard, but the daughterâ??s body was never found. The second event tells of a lesbian couple, where one of the women became involved with a man. After discovering his girlfriendâ??s secret, the man proceeded to kill her, the other woman, and himselfâ?¦all within the walls of the Kaimuki house. Today, villagers still tell stories of the terrifying occurrences, and many books and newspaper articles have been written detailing the haunts.

meme says:

November 4, 2005, 8:04 pm

you could call this demon.that sounds like an interesting house. i would like to check it out.

nicole says:

November 11, 2005, 12:01 pm

how is that supposed to be scarrey?

shoop says:

November 17, 2005, 6:02 pm

i live right down the road from this house in kaimuki, and even the police could not explain just what happened over there. the couple who bought the property were picked up into the air and was thrown around from wall to wall. the neighbors thought that it was a domestic fight.the police were called to deal with the issue. but when they got there, they could not explain what went on inside the house.they could not explain that if they were called there for a couple fighting, but yet both people were saying that they were being attacked by something they could not even see.for about 6 yrs. the house could not be sold or rented. no one wanted to go in there.it was boarded up and just left to rot. about 2 yrs. ago someone must have bought the house because we noticed that the property was being cleaned up and fixed.it was looking really nice…but then the fixing stopped.we never heard of anything weird going on or any rumors about something strange happening…but still…the house is alone again.

Whitneyy says:

January 6, 2006, 4:34 pm

adriana says:

February 10, 2006, 4:20 pm

damn thats scary but i dont undrestand y kno 1 trys to do any thin or dig 4 a body they should send sum ghost hunters……….they should take pics & post them on the internet !

Bert & Ernie says:

February 16, 2006, 7:27 pm

we fixed up that house when we heard of its history we decided to bail. we seen and heard some odd things but only put it down as our imagination but once we heard about what had happend we fkn ran

priya says:

March 5, 2006, 12:18 pm

if u knw a house has been haunted why sell it again cuz that it sad why not knock it down

gen says:

March 13, 2006, 11:12 pm

does anyone know where the Ki Sugar Mill is?

Vivo says:

March 23, 2006, 6:55 pm

Ki sugar mill is in Maui! I went there and bought the most DELICIOUS sugar cane…mmm. Neway, that house sounds so freaking awesome. And scary, too!

Yukie says:

April 4, 2006, 5:13 am

The supposed “house” that these people are talking about is located on the corner of 8th and harding.

the ghost that resides in this house is called a “Kasha”…it’s a man eating ghost, originated in japanese folklore…and obviusly exsistent for the following reason.

the family that lived there before the vacancy had two children and a single mother. both children were killed by this “entity”…ripped apart by an invisible force…right before the mother’s eyes, as well as the eyes of several police officers that were called to the scene, due to screams and major comotion.

these events are actually documented in a police report, therefore deeming this event CREDIBLE.

BUT what people have wrong..

This house on 8th and Harding IS NOT the house. people only assumed it was this particular house because is was abandoned and run down…having a menacing, “haunted” appearance. what’s even more interesting, is there is a book that was published in hawaii called “Obake Files” with the documented story about the night of the “kasha”. the author, Glen Grant, was sued because the people that owned this house on 8th and Harding were actually trying to sell the house at the time…and it went unsold for a good fifteen to twenty years.

the actual location of this house was not disclosed to the public, for fear of hysteria…or nosy teenagers wanting a thrill.

this house on 8th and harding now has people living in it…i know, because i live on ninth avnue in between harding and waialae ave. that’s right, i live a block away .

so yeah peeps…and all you non belivers…what do you have to say to that?

Warrior Alum says:

April 12, 2006, 1:35 am

Aloha Folks,
As a former resident of the beautiful island of O’ahu, I can honestly say that Hawai’i is one of the most spiritual places that I’ve ever lived. Along with spirituality comes rules though, and being a believer of things unseen, I followed the rules the best I could. Unfortunately I can’t say that I ever actually “saw” anything, and believe me, I looked, but I can say that there were many times that I “felt” something. Just that kind of feeling when you know you’re not alone. Friends of mine and I used to go up to the Tantless(?)lookout to have a few and talk story from time to time, and on one occassion we were all there having a good time when all of a sudden everyone got really quiet for no reason. Finally one of my friends asked if anyone else felt like we should hele on, and everyone jumped in the car right away. Later on at the house, we all agreed that we had all felt like we were being watched, and something wasn’t happy about us being there. Anyway, not really scary, more creepy, but a small example. Whether you believe or not, why test it? If you find yourself in Hawai’i, or anywhere else where you’re just a visitor, follow the local rules and stay out of trouble. BTW, my buddy’s a cop for HPD… Says the Kaimuki story is true. Swears it. And one last thing to you young braddahs and sistahs… I agree that there are a lot of stupid haoles that will talk stink about locals and say that you’re uneducated and second class. We all know that those are just the words of ignorant people, but why perpetuate it? Keep the pidgin for locals, not message boards. Haoles don’t get it, and what they can’t understand, they ridicule. Just some thoughts from someone whose seen both sides of the coin… Aloha Nui!

The Investigator says:

April 13, 2006, 12:28 am

I was born on the beautiful island of Oahu.
I am a recent student of Paranormal Investigations.
I have studied and been fascinated with the subject and have obtained equipment to help me document events of the unexplained. If anyone has information on the location of Paranormal occurences, being it to ghosts, demons, or other strange happenings. I ask of you, if it is not against the rules of this forum to post the address so I may attempt my own investiagtions into such matters.

Reid says:

May 9, 2006, 2:18 pm

Investigator,

What kind of equipment did you obtain to document unexplained events?

My friends and I have gone ghost hunting all over the island as I too am facinated with the subject.

Where have you investigated so far?

Btw, my friend lives near the real kasha house and she says walking down that street even during the daytime, it’s unusually quiet and she gets bad vibes there.

Aloha

Layla says:

May 15, 2006, 3:39 pm

Investigator…
Are you only investigating hauntings in Hawaii, or on the mainland as well?

The Investigator says:

May 23, 2006, 10:17 pm

To Reid
I have finally returned to this website. Forgive me for my absence. Yet to reply to your question, I use IR Theromo-meters. Sony Nightvision/Infrared camcorder. Db rating Motion detectors, Trifield EM meter, Tri-Axis EMF meter, Gauss meter, Radiation 4 meter, the list continues, and grows slowly. Yet my main tool I use for documenting any event is ” my Brain” and “Perception”. Now to answer your question about where I have investigated, It has private homes, located in Wahiawa, Ewa Beach, and Kunia.
Those places though, must be redone, for I was much younger at the time, and less experienced.

I would enjoy to participate with any other Investigators on the Island of Oahu, I am however still young, and leave my mind open to learn from more experienced Investigators.

The Investigator says:

May 23, 2006, 10:21 pm

To Layla
I am currently , only Investigating on the Island of Oahu. I am debating upon taking my methods to the mainland , yet I am more fond of the mysticism the Hawaiian islands provide.

Lou says:

June 12, 2006, 8:28 am

INFO
Check out 1124-D Macomb Rd. Ft. Shafter if you can.
Got ran out of there in 1974 by very active spirits.
Check with Priests at bottom of Pali Clifts. They made us stay there and told us not to return home for two days. They also believe and know stories. They had a Bishop from Rome come and Bless their rooms to keep out walking spirits.
Check out KoleKole Pass. MPs have been locked out of their cars and all their lights and sirens were turned on.
tempechance@yahoo.com

The Investigator says:

June 24, 2006, 4:31 am

Aloha…
Does anyone know the exact adress which is referred to as the “Kasha” house? If so could you please post it.

Kelsey says:

July 10, 2006, 7:11 pm

K.. Not scareyy ?

Kelsey says:

July 10, 2006, 7:12 pm

Probly not true either 😎

kody green says:

July 18, 2006, 12:25 pm

boooo fake

kristin says:

July 20, 2006, 4:22 am

I live in Kaimuki and have lived in the same house for almost 2 years…there are things in this neighborhood that go on that are not normal. The house that I currently live in has had to be blessed by a Kahuna two times. We have a spirit of an old woman that we know of. Shadows in the driveway. Just really strange things. I don’t care what ppl say, but Oahu does have a lot of odd things going on. Even if you don’t believe in it at least respect it because you never know what you might run into. Where is the Kasha house?

flbache says:

July 20, 2006, 10:10 am

I just happened to read a comment, but a local in HI stating what haoles say and I had to respond. I am not going to argue with that, but I must admit when I was stationed there and having been to Tantless Mt, Camp Smith, Aiea Loop Trail, among other places; I have felt something there that cannot be explained.

I swear that one night in the barracks on Pearl Harbor, I just got into the the rack when I heard the elevator open on the 11th deck. I heard what sounded like someone in dress shoes walking on the concrete deck with a cane. I looked out of my window next to my bed and saw the bottom half of a man in a black tux w/ the tails walk by my room. I thought it was one one my friends messing with me. When I went to “greet” him I saw nothing! I looked every where. The next day I didnt say anything to anyone, but one of my friends asked another friend of mine if he saw a guy walking around in a black tux? I just happened to over hear that conversation and told him that I did. That was a little creepy. What is really creepy is Camp Smith at night, especially in the basement and where the crematorium is located.

When I was in Iraq one of the guys that worked with me was from HI and was in his 50’s. He was telling me about this old guy he knew that could take a quarter and rub it between his 2 fingers and remove the heads and tail sides of the coin, basically smoothing it out. He did say that the guy scared him when he would see him, and he did say that the old fellow was a little odd.

HRH says:

August 21, 2006, 4:25 am

Aloha~ Oh HOW spooky! My husband and I nearly bought the Kaimuki house on 8th Avenue & Harding, in 1995 or 1996. At the time the owner was an older (in his late 50’s) Haole gentleman. He had listed his house for sale for $500,000. My husband & I really liked the turn of the century, look and feel of an era long gone. The home had 11 feet high ceilings, and REAL hardwood flooring. Plus for those of us who live on O’ahu, Kaimuki is a nice neighborhood with long time residents, and UH, Waikiki, Ala Moana & so much more are just a few minutes away. However, we were told by our Realtor, that the house had some major disclosures. Prior to entering the home for the first time, the owner spoke to us outside the front of the home(on the side that fronts 8th Ave). He told us of 3 separate (and equally frightening) events that happened in the home. The first one was stated earlier about the 2 children being killed in the home. However the way HE explained it to me was that the FATHER killed his 2 children and his wife. He buried his wife and son on the property. Their bodies were found, the daughter’s body was never found. The second event involved a lesbian couple. One of the women had taken on a MALE lover. When the man heard of his “girlfriend”‘s situation he killed her, the other woman, and then himself…in the house. I believe the third event was the what someone else posted earlier. The entity “throwing people around”. My husband and I submitted a totally ridiculous offer of $250,000. The Haole man ACCEPTED the offer. We just about SH*T ourselves. What the HELL?!?! We were now in contract for a HAUNTED HOUSE? The house itself was in very rough shape. The house is on post & pier, and was tilting to one side. If you took a marble and placed it on the living room floor, it would totally roll to the lower side of the house. The toilet in the upstairs bathroom leaked to the first floor, dripping down the front of the kitchen cabinets. The toilet downstairs, was sinking into the floor. There was also a closet in one of the bedrooms upstairs that had a hollow space. When you knock on the back of the closet wall, you can hear an empty space. (it’s freaky) My husband & I were young (in our early 20’s) and full of vim & vigor. We (well mostly he) thought we could rehab the house, to it’s original glory!! But I spoke to one of my friends at work. I told her about the house. She said, “that’s the haunted house that everybody knows about. It’s in the Obake Files book”. I told my husband about the book. He said DON’T read the book. Well I did!! I was now FREAKING out!!!! So I went crying to my husband who said,” Didn’t I say NOT to read the book”? So next, I went for a visit to a Mr Glen Grant, at his then office on King Street & University. YEP….. the author of the book!! (He has since passed on) I was balling, wailing and crying. I could barely talk. Through the loud sobs, and tears I told him about my house. He knew of it, OF COURSE, and said that he wrote the book about the house but that the story he told was true. He may have “embellished” the truth a bit, BUT the basic events were recorded and actual. LOOOONG story short…ok too late for that….we didn’t buy that particular house, but I think of it often, and whenever I drive on Harding and past that house I recount all those events. It has been so long since I have been inside the house, and I don’t know who lives in it now. I hope they are safe.

Corn says:

August 22, 2006, 7:24 pm

EVERYONE HATES U BIG BILL! HAHA!

drivinmepupule says:

August 30, 2006, 3:26 am

I lived in Kaimuki from when I was 4-18 (I am 21 now) and I used to pass by that place all the time to go Times Kaimuki or Columbia Inn or something. I think the reason why people assumed that the house on 8th and Harding was the house is because it looks scary. For the longest time it had no tenants and there was this wooden sign that hung from a single chain link gate that said “No Trespassing”. To make matters worse, it was spraypainted in red so it was hella scary. The windows inside were boarded up and sometimes even if there was “no trespassing” there would be a single light on in what I would assume would be the kitchen. But there are people living there now, as I pass by from time to time. The lawn has been mowed and the sign has been lifted. But it was a little exhilirating to think that the lone two story house on 8th and Harding was in fact haunted.

sweetgurl says:

September 7, 2006, 5:37 pm

so where is this place im pretty intrested

Vicki says:

September 11, 2006, 11:05 am

sounds creepy but you need more detail!;*)

Kaitlyn says:

September 19, 2006, 10:05 am

OMG soo cool.
if only u werent soo far away..lol

racho bo bacho says:

September 25, 2006, 9:19 pm

thats actualy acary ABOOHGAH!

racho bo bacho says:

September 25, 2006, 9:20 pm

thats actualy acary ABOOHGAH!?!!!?!!!?!!!?!

Raven says:

October 6, 2006, 11:40 pm

By any chance did they happen to play a special on this house on t.v?BEcause i think i seen that. The people wok eup with scrathches and stuff liek that.

Andy says:

October 12, 2006, 8:04 pm

Its a kool house…i got chased by the spirit i got chased by the spirit!

Andy says:

October 12, 2006, 8:04 pm

Its a kool house…i got chased by the spirit!

chelsea says:

October 22, 2006, 9:14 pm

ALOHA EVERYONE I’M FROM THE UNITED STATES AND WE HAVE SOME PRETTY SCARY HAUNTED HOUSES. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE HAUNTED PLACE THAT U GUYS ARE TALKIN ABOUT. I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT IT ONE DAY BUT I’M NOT CLOSE TO HAWAII AND I HATE PLANES SO MAYBE I COULD LOOK IT UP ON THE INTERNET.

LAQUISHA says:

October 24, 2006, 9:47 pm

laquisha shut yo damn mouth cause u ain’t nuthin

Bob says:

October 25, 2006, 1:50 pm

Wow.

alvina says:

October 30, 2006, 4:58 pm

to all of you guys taking about this house and saying there are things happening there that can’t be explain. for what i leave threw you don’t know until you been threw it then you can say anything ok!
to my knowledge spirts or ghost don’t like to be talked about at all sorry………………….

jayne says:

October 31, 2006, 10:04 pm

Years ago I had friends who rented an old mansion at the very top of Tantalus. They told me it was haunted but I wanted to see for myself so I spent the night there in an upstairs room. In the middle of the night something was banging and shaking the end of the bed. I hid under the covers and finally got some sleep. In the morning we went downstairs and there were thousands of tiny little rubberbands all over the living room floor! I don’t know if this was menehunes or what, but it was unexplainable. My friends said that kind of thing happened all the time in the house.

I live in Kaimuki and would like to know where exactly the haunted house is – especially cause its Halloween tonight and the spooks are likely to be active!

smokey Joe mcdonald says:

November 3, 2006, 2:30 pm

o-k what ever i would hardly believe that even if I went to that house I wouldnt be scared. I mean come on every body knows ghosts arent real. yeah spirits are real but ghosts and demons yeah right . who ever posted this story doesnt have their head screwed on right. I think they migh of been dropped on thier head a few times when they were a baby…hold on I need to itch my butt…………………………..
ahh much better

i LOVE plain white t's says:

November 29, 2006, 10:07 am

whoa this is freakin scary i would even go near this freakin house!!!

CAS says:

December 10, 2006, 11:13 pm

I think everyone is tired of hearing about about the evil spirts. So if your goning to tell a story make it a good one.

kassidy and briana says:

January 1, 2007, 12:19 am

omg this is so scarey i would at least do some back up checks on the house before i move in then they would no what is goin on duh

Druid says:

January 9, 2007, 6:12 pm

I a ghost hunter i have never been to Hawaii I would Love to check it with some equipment

amy says:

February 3, 2007, 10:35 pm

Wow that sounds really scary. I wish that I could go on a tour there. BUT I CAN’T!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well somebody help me find out how I can get there.

HaoleGirl says:

February 15, 2007, 9:52 pm

There was a major lawsuit regarding the disclosure of this “murder/death” in 1999. The poor guy who bought the house on the corner of 8th and Harding was constantly bombarded by teenagers seeking a thrill and one Halloween there was even a helicopter above the house broadcasting some sort of program connected with the deaths. Unfortunately, this was not the house where the “true” event took place. Although the event happened in 1942 in Kaimuki the house has since been torn down and ceases to exist. This is at least the story from Glen Grant, the late great ghost story teller. In fact there was so much inquiry that he had to submit a statement with the original story stating these facts. I have seen the legal docs, it’s pretty weird nonetheless it gives me the oogly-booglies!

AUX says:

June 16, 2007, 2:53 am

brah me and my friends we went there recently. JUNE 14, 2007 AND THE house is goneee. not there demolished. get one new house the new owner probably took down the old one and decided to build a new one.

SK8ER GIRL says:

June 20, 2007, 9:18 am

WHERE IS IT ,I WANT TO GO

Zoe says:

June 21, 2007, 10:13 pm

WOW, There are alot of comments on this house. I was born and raised in Kaimuki and this neighborhood ain’t right. I’ve seen the house on 8th and Harding and the one on ** and Harding where it actually took place. Based on all the crazy shi* that I’ve experienced growing up in a haunted house in Kaimuki, I’m not surprised by what happened there. This area carries some pretty nasty elements, for sure!

blane says:

July 21, 2007, 1:38 am

I frequented friends (Patrick, Ethyl, Dale)that lived on 8th Ave. between Wialale and Harding Avenue back in the years of 64′-65′. I was in the 3rd – 4th grade then. Played up and down that street many times. I have never heard of any haunted houses spoken by any of my three friends who lived on 8th Ave back then nor did I see or notice anything unusual about houses on that particular section of 8th Ave. including the house on the corner of 8th and Harding. It wasn’t until I read Glen Grant’s book in 2006 that I found out about the haunted house.

Angie says:

July 28, 2007, 5:46 pm

I wished I had the chance of checking out all the local “cold spots” in Hawaii.
For 3 years of being stationed in Oahu, I truly respected the local lures and tales.
BUT I have to say that I had my share of paranormal affecting me not in HI but in
Okinawa. Oh the tales I can spill on here. It was truly wicked!!!

blane says:

August 5, 2007, 3:59 am

I was talking to some old timers who are in now in thier 80’s they stated that the house on the corner of 8th and Harding Avenue was known as the “obake house” as far back as the 1930’s.

lisa says:

October 15, 2007, 8:26 pm

ho brah i sked

JAN says:

November 8, 2007, 3:56 am

I HAD THAT WEIRD KIND OF EXPERIENCE AT MORGANS CORNER. THE KIND WHERE YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR NOT ALONE..BEING WATCHED.THE GROUP WALKED UP THE TRAIL PAST THE GREEN BOX TO THE END OF THE PATH WHERE THE STORIES SAY IS THE SCARY SPOT,I REFUSED TO LEAVE THE CAR …SO I STAYED BACK.I WAS BRAVE THEN.I KNEW THEY’D BE BACK REAL SOON.WE ALL FELT WEIRD ALREADY.
WELL,AS SOON AS THEY WERE OVER THE TOP AND OUT OF VIEW,ALL SOUND CEASED.NO BIRDS,WIND,TREES RUSTLING NOTHING.NO SOUNDS OF THE GROUP,NO FOOTSTEPS,NO TALKING.ALL OF IT STOPPED.I STARTED OUT STANDING NEXT TO THE CAR,BUT AFTER THE SILENCE CONTINUED,
I QUICKLY GOT INTO THE CAR.I WATCHED FOR THEM AND WAITED.THE NEXT THING I KNEW ,THEY ALL CAME BARRELLING OVER THE TOP OF THAT TRAIL,RUNNING AND SCREAMING!THEY JUMPED INTO THE CARS AND WE ALL SPED OFF.NO ONE DOING ANYTHING BUT GETTING THE HECK OUT OF THERE!WE DIDNT TALK ABOUT IT UNTIL WE WERE BACK ON THE MAIN ROAD IN KANEOHE.WE ALL HEARD THE SILENCE AND FELT THE STILLNESS.WE ALL FELT THAT SOMETHING SHIFTED IN THAT SPACE.WE ALL FELT WE WERE NOT ALONE.
AUWE!NO JOKE.REALLY.BECAUSE THERE WAS NO REALLY BAD OUTCOME,IT REMAINS A FOND MEMORY OF MY YOUTH.

hirschililkiss says:

November 11, 2007, 1:52 am

I was just recently told about a female ghost that haunts KoleKole, a little shack. According to the story teller, a young woman was raped buy multiple men and the MP drove right passed. The haunt is that she stands in the street and you see her after you pass the shack on the right hand side of the road in your rear view mirror. They said that MP experience weird sightings and weird things happen on their patrols. The shack is on the right hand side of the road before you get to the sign about KoleKole Pass. Does anyone know for sure if that is a true story or not??? Or is this just another urban legend? We went by the shack last night and I had this weird feeling the entire time we were driving up KoleKole.

Pimpcharming says:

December 1, 2007, 3:09 am

I think the house you all are reffering to on 8th and harding is a front because at about 2003-2004 me and couple of my friends went there and only saw chronics living there…don’t get me wrong that house do look spooky and Glen Grant had wrote about it in his books probely wasn’t in 8th and Harding it might of been a mile down somewere witch is the house in manoa because it has the same storys that relate to the house in kaimoki and the first time we went there was in 97′ with a couple of high school friends we went there at about 12 Oclock AM this old victorian looking house about 2 stories on top of a small hill looked creepy and first of all we went there because of all the storyes we heard about it as we were walking up on top of the house one of my friends spoted a light that looked like a candel that looked as if someone was holding it in the house as this candle moved to window to window it disappeard and then 2sec it was spotted on the 2nd flooor soon after it went to the window down stairs below the 2nd floor and was moving up and down the house as if there where more then one person in there and no one can move up and down stairs that fast not unless it wasn’t human. by the way that house is no longer there anymore. the only things thats left there is the chain that prevents you from getting in excuse me chain gate i can tell you more stories that we did or what happend if you are interested so keep up the comments!!!

Makamae says:

December 13, 2007, 5:16 am

dat is some sceray stuff and would never want to live there…

steve says:

December 22, 2007, 4:30 pm

thats all **** there has not been a sprit that has killed a person before the only one was emily rose but that was just from not eating and drinking the sprit took all her enagey and made her sick so it was easyer for it to get into her body but there is a sprit that can pick up things there bad spirts poltergoast there the most powerful one the ones to look out for so the next time you go to sleep and you feel a cold breze and your hairs on the back of your neck stand up and its them so remember say hello they dont f… around

brwnboi says:

January 13, 2008, 7:37 pm

i lived in a house on 10th ave that was haunted. i was surprised to see this story on the internet and wanted to know more about kaimuki hauntings. the first encounter with ghosts in the house was when we first moved in there. the rooms were so big that i put my weight training equipment in there. one morning i was lifting weights when my mom rang the doorbell. i ran downstairs to open the door, let her in and ran upstairs. to my horror, all the wieghts, and barbells were gone. it was only me and my mom in the house and no one else. when i told my mom what had happened,she cursed at what i guessed were spirits in the house. when i went back in the room i searched for the weights and found them under my clothes which were on the floor. Immediately the hairs on my body stood up as i saw all the weights and barbells were put organized from heaviest weight to lightest weight and the stars on top. i ran to the living room and told my mom, and she cursed even more telling me to not be afraid. The second major incident occured when i got home from school one night. the whole family was in the living room watching monday night football.I took my shirt off and lay on the carpet. My brothers started gasping as they were telling me my back was messed up. scratches started appearing on my back right before my families eyes. The third major incident happened one night when i sleot in the top floor bedroom. i had my cell phone ready as my mom was going to call me to pick here up from work. I was surprised as i woke up later that night from the sound of my phone. the problem was the phone was no where near me. i kept looking around as the sound of the phone sounded off again. i ran downstairs and the phone was getting louder then stopped. furious, i woke my dad up and he hadnt seen it. i ran down to the garage and my heart jumped when the phone rang. it was under the drivers seat under the car and i was pissed thinking that one of my brothers did it. they denied having anything to do with it as they went to bed early that night.
The biggest and final incident that occured was the fire in that place. i got a call one day when i was at work that the house caught on fire. i got there and the firemen told me that we were luckhy as the heat of the fire should have taken the whole house. instead, the fire started from electrical problems in the garage lights, created a pillar of fire that went all the way up to the attic. burned a hole all the way through. we moved out of there three months later and the scary thing about it is, when we got to the new place, i got home from school and put my jacket on the television, and when i turned to walk away, my jacket flew right past me to the wall. i turned and cursed as i know now that if you are afraid of ghosts, they will continue to haunt you…it is a true story.

meeshell says:

January 17, 2008, 2:42 am

does any one know about spirits that hold you down as you sleep and keep you from moving, or cause you from breething and then when it’s all over your stomach area feels like fire? all these events are happening to someone i truly love in wahiawa and he is only a little boy. can some one give answers or some kind of help?

Local Boy says:

January 24, 2008, 4:21 am

Anyone know about the Headless Priest of Hakimo Road? When we were young my Grandmother would always make sure that we were in the house before dark. People would see this Headless Priest sitting on peoples moss rock walls and on Hakimo Road when there was a full moon. One of my friends who had a small chicken yard on the back road of Lualualei ajoining Hakimo road herd his chickens making a racket one night and went out with a gas lantern to the chicken yard/coops he raised the lantern to see what was scaring his chickens, well there he was the Headless Priest. Does anyone else know about this ghost story and Hakimo road is located in Nanakuli where there is a mountain that stands between Hakimo Road and Maili. There Must be a reason why this Headless Priest wonders this area.

Local Boy says:

January 25, 2008, 3:40 am

To the person who’s little boy lives in wahiawa. Subject: Spirits holding you down when you are asleep.
I had this experience twice on the Big Island and to get the spirits to leave do swear words or turn to the lords prayer, if you have a television turn it on to a christion station with the lights turned on while the boy sleeps. Hope this will help you Meeshell…

Kathy says:

January 30, 2008, 11:31 pm

This is to answer the one asking of their little boy in wahiawa. “Local Boy” comment is also right but there is also a disorder called sleep paralysis. I used to live in Palolo valley where there are alot of spooky stories too. Alot of things happened to me when I was younger. One of them being held down by an unknown entity. I used to hear someone calling my name and when Im in bed I would be held down, can’t move, speak or breathe. This only happened in my room. No where else so I don’t think I was suffering from sleep paralysis. Also, I would sleep in the living room but nothing happens to me there. Make sure your boy is not suffering from this sleep paralysis though. I would check with the doctors first or maybe monitor your child when he’s sleeping.

surfahboy says:

February 1, 2008, 10:05 pm

I just drove pass the house on 8th and harding today. Someone obviously lives there (blue CRV in driveway) but the property and house is unkept. Overgrown with weeds and the house is falling apart. Looks Creepy!!

kahu says:

February 3, 2008, 5:37 am

meeshell

Go find help. Depends on where you live in Wahiawa, could be night machers, sleeping wrong way or other things. Get house blessed, person who bless house should be able to help the little one.

Anita says:

February 5, 2008, 5:44 am

Meeshell
I live in latin America and I was readind your message, I don´t have a solution but I can tell u something, “Kahu” is right, get that house blessed! I was in that situation a year ago,there are “friendly” spirits in my house and I was living ok with that until something bad starting to visit my room, always at 3 am.That thing kept on coming to my room to wake me up, (thank God i never saw it)I couldn´t move or speak and at the same time I felt something watching me in the room, but I was alone.It was like my energy was taken away.
I’m not the kind of person who goes to church, my boyfriend does. One day I told him why i couldn´t sleep at night and he started to pray for me. one week later that thing got worst, for the first time it got close to me,i could hear it breathing by my side, it was like “hey! i’m not in your imagination, i’m real”, but something more happened that night, that thing stopped to breathe, suddenly the room felt different, not heavy, and the end of it was a warm hand in my head, like an old person’s hand.The first sec it was creepy, but then there was a good feeling in the room. Maybe it was a dead relative, a good spirit, maybe an angel, I don´t know, the only thing i know is that situation was happening for months, my boyfriend started to pray for me and “it” vanished.I thank him for believe in me, and I thank the “good hand in my head”

sherry says:

February 19, 2008, 3:55 pm

We lived on the kaneohe air base back in 77-80 we lived on connorsloop at night you could here the fruniture move and something would lay in bed with you at night and put its arm around you things would fly off the shelves or come up missing just to be found later. all the friends i had on the base told alot of similar stories,my daddy(tops)would tell us to to go down and ask if they needed help moving the stuff(like that was going to happen. I’ve always wondered if it still happens in the house we lived in.

ghosthunter says:

February 26, 2008, 4:03 pm

I beleve my boy frind is a ghost he told me its true
I dont whant to be torn apart so im staing in indian for this one

Stickywitch says:

March 12, 2008, 2:40 am

I think a home like this would make for a really great bonfire at a keg. Pour yourself a beer, unleash those angry trapped spirits, and PARTY, I say!

sherena says:

March 21, 2008, 2:50 pm

My ex and her family are from Nanakuli HI and she has told me alot of stories that I truly believe happen. For instance, “crying rocks”. Tourists want to take a piece of Hawai’i with them but the land is blessed. Supernatural events occur if one removes the rock from it’s original location. Now as far as that house, that’s crazy. And if the story told is true about the man eating spirit, then i’ll pass! But I’d like to visit Hawai’i to see everything for myself being that that “gift” runs thru my family. And I’m sure the feeling I’d get if I were to come to the islands would be way stronger than what I felt and seen on Route 66 in Az.

Zoe says:

March 25, 2008, 4:16 pm

Meeshell,

I grew up in a haunted house and I used to have the same experience which ended up happening almost on a nightly basis at one point.

My best advice to you is to first off get a professional like a catholic and a hawaiian priest to come out and bless you, your family and your home.

And 2, belive in yourself and your word. I found that if I told the spirits they couldnt hurt me, they had no power over me and they were not allowed in my room, as long as I believed what I was saying, it was true.

I would also describe the boundaries and touch each wall in my bedroom so there was a clear understanding of the area I was referring to.

There are entities that can hurt you, if you let them. Learn how to protect yourself, that’s key.

seven bridges sucks says:

March 27, 2008, 7:06 am

during high school in the mid nineties my friends and i used to go to the house on 8th and harding in kaimuki late at night to scare ourselves ****less. i remember there used to be another house that was a little down the road that had a sign outside that said “this is not the haunted house” or something along those lines. good stuff. anyway, the whole time i was in high school nobody lived in the house and it was really creepy looking but i remember in ’00 or ’01 i used to see a caucasian couple living at the house. i would see them occasionally for maybe a year or two so if anything were really happening in there it couldnt have been that bad because they stayed there for awhile. for those of you from the mainland who are reading this, the story about the kaimuki house is very famous in hawaii, particularly on oahu. every kid that grows up in honolulu knows about the house on 8th and harding. even my mom has heard of it. having said that, i think the story about that house is b.s. if two kids really got levitated in the air and then ripped apart while a bunch of people, including cops, looked on, someone would have came out with the police report that supposedly exists (or some other kind of evidence) by now. i also think that most of the modern day oahu urban legends are made up. my friends and i would go to all the famous haunted spots all the time, sometimes with a video camera and nothing ever happpened to us or anyone ive ever known. we used to go to morgans corner, old pali road, the pali lookout, seven bridges (which is the biggest crock of **** ever), we even drove over the pali hwy. with pork in the car and nothing ever happened. (for those of you from the mainland who dont know, theres an old urban legend that says if you try to drive a certain stretch of highway with uncooked pork in your car, your engine will die and not restart until you throw the pork out). i am however open to the fact that the old native hawaiian ghost stories such as the night marchers and such are true, because there are just way too many stories out there to think otherwise.

Maui Jes says:

April 12, 2008, 3:12 am

commenter named meesha you want to lookup a few things.
I know of someone on Maui who had the same issues, except when she was a late teen and early twenties. She said even her new boyfriend (who became her husband) saw the thing when he awoke in bed with the same issue.

Anyway, I have woken many times paralyzed and the main experience is due to a chemical called atonin. It prevents you from moving while dreaming. Sometimes you can awake mentally and be in half sleep. The atonin keeps your feelings in dream state. in other words, you cant feel your body so your mind creates a dream body. ANd paralysis, naturally causes fear. Fear in half sleep causes hallucination, yes deadly scary hallucination that seems 100% real.

It is the same state that you can roll out of your body and hear voices (clairvoyance). I have even seen through car doors and bandanas over my eyes in this state. Does that mean its not a hallucination? Hard to say for sure. The brain is smarter than the ego using it.

Telling the boy his fears are real is questionable. Writing it off to dream and telling him actually he can control what happens is worth trying before just letting accept his own frightened truth.

If he believes he can effect the experience, he may be able to fly out of his body, conjure friendly spirits (call them faeries or whatever makes him feel safe) and travel to the circus, disneyland etc.

Then give hiom time to practise and encourage him to effect the experiences whenever they happen. You may just find he gains control and has a brand new skill.

Oh yeah look up ‘sleep paralysis’

alana says:

April 27, 2008, 4:13 pm

thats not that scary only if you were actually there

Nesi says:

May 2, 2008, 7:44 pm

this is fake i did go there and nothing happened

manu says:

June 6, 2008, 7:45 pm

hey I was wondering if anyone knows anything about 7 bridges in manoa. Me and friends went a bunch of times in high school, never went past the 4th bridge though. One time at night me and one other friend out of the group heard very distinctly a woman screeming like she was getting killed, very far off in the distance but still distinct.

I’ve gone back during the day to do the hike, it’s pretty nice when it ends at the waterfall. Never seen the last 2 bridges though, unless crossing the stream on rocks counts. The place definately has some energy.

It always feels very secluded eventhough its right in manoa where thousands of people live. I’m very curious about the abandoned looking houses on the path and the old cars, as well as the low lava rock wall that crosses the trail twice. Hope to hear from someone that knows the history of the area.

Preston says:

June 10, 2008, 6:30 pm

If anyone has a haunted location and would like a Professional Paranormal Research Group to investigate it and provide you with answers, please contact us at highparanormal@gmail.com. You can also check out our website at http://highparanormal.googlepages.com. Sorry, we’re not one of those trill seeking, “negative energy feeling”, groups. We carry our our investigations in a scientific manner and will only make claims based on findings on our cameras, recorders, and equipment. Check out YouTube.com and search “Hawaiian Island Ghost Hunters.” Mahalo.

KOPS says:

July 3, 2008, 3:07 am

Hello everyone,

I am an investigator with the Kahaluu Oahu Paranormal Society. We were looking for a home with reports, such as the one in Kaimuki, on 8th and Harding. I understand that people now reside there.
We are looking for a documented residence to do an investigation, to create a sponsorship pilot for a local television program. If anyone has information, on this residence, or one with the same type of activity, could you please post.
Thank you all, and believe it or not, everyone in their lifetime has experienced the paranormal. What do you think that little voice in your head is, that is whispering to you, that spirits are not real!
Do you have to experience something in order to believe? You can make all the jokes you want, cause thats a normal reaction, though as you sit and read this, you are starting to remember the things in your life that has happened to you, that you just can’t explain.
Keep an open mind, and guess what, things will start to look alot brighter. You will never know unless you try. Good luck in your ventures!
I hope to see you out there. If you need proof, well, that is what our team is out to get for you.
Thanks again, and happy hunting.

tee says:

July 5, 2008, 10:16 am

I’ve been to the house on 9th and harding. I don’t know if that is the actual house everyone keeps talking about. but its the broken down house with a old stripped car in the garage and is right across from a library or something. the house has been broken down now and a new house has been built. anyways, on the night when we went there, we parked our cars under an overpass and walked to the house. as we were walking…it started to rain but it was like the rain followed us. we looked back and the rain was pouring behind us so we ran for shelter. as soon as we get to the house the rain started to stop. 2 of my friends went inside the house but nothing happened. another friend of mine said when he looked at the upstairs window, he saw 3 white figures. he immediately walked back to the cars and started crying, praying, and apologizing. we all ran after him shortly after. he told us the story but we didn’t know if we should believe him. we also thought that since he had been drinking prior to arriving at the house that he had just “thought” he saw something. I don’t know. whatevers. oh and I also heard that the house on 9th and harding isn’t the real house..its the house on 8th and harding. idk.

Peanut says:

August 4, 2008, 12:54 am

Someone is living in there now. I pass by every thursday for guitar lessons. It looks kinda creepy. i wouldnt move in there even if it was cheap. maybe they dont know the REAL history. =X

Kalanz says:

August 27, 2008, 7:30 pm

Aloha gang,
I had a spirit brush against my next (it was like a cold, light hankerchief brushing accross my neck) and, as it did so, I heard a voice(sounding as if someone from far away) whisper my first name. I immediately reacted by swiping against my neck with my left hand (as if I was shoo-ing away a mosquito) and turned to my dad and brother and asked them if they heard somebody call me. They said “No.” I looked around us and there was nobody around for a couple hundread yards.

We were stepping out of our at Mililani Mortuary (central O’ahu) to sing at a fellow church goer’s wake. I was both confused and terrified and for the next two weeks I was trying to figure out who in my family or circle of friends passed away recently. I couldn’t think of anybody.

It remains a mystery today.

Anybody else with a similar incident?

Lolita says:

September 23, 2008, 2:47 pm

I’ve heard of that house on 8th and Harding when I lived on Oahu back in the 80’s. My sister and I would pass it almost everyday going to school. The place did look run down but not haunted. I guess a lot of people watch too much movies!!! Remember Jason? Imaginations can and will run wild if you believe the stories that are told about the place. I’m not saying I don’t believe in ghosts and haunted places, but I do believe that people are just picking on that one house because it was written in a book. I read that book. Most of the stories in that book I’ve heard of when we were young, but did not see, because I was born and raised on the island of Molokai (But I did see that house on 8th and Harding.) If you want to talk about ghosts, night marchers, menehune, supernatural stuff etc. go to Molokai. We got them all there, ask any kupuna not a book author.

Lolita says:

September 23, 2008, 2:53 pm

Hey Kalanz,
Remember if someone calls out your name and nobody’s around don’t answer back. That spirit will follow you for the rest of your life!!!!

CeEn says:

October 2, 2008, 9:32 pm

Great input about that Kaimuki house. I know a friend’s great website recently went up: http://www.hawaiiparanormal.com

Check it out!

ELISA says:

November 10, 2008, 2:42 pm

I THINK ALL OF THAT STUFFFS IS REALY TRUE.
N BY THR WAT THE STORY IS SAD!

Baywatch says:

December 31, 2008, 6:22 am

Just a little bit of information from your friends in the army stationed in Hawaii. CRAZY STUFF! We go on some temporary training excersises throughout the island of Oahu for land nav training, and squad movements etc.. at the Kahuku’s, East Range and Kolekole Pass ranges. As infantry we do most of our movements in the middle of the night using night vision goggles. Almost every single night we had training at the Kahuku training area we would see tree’s just suddenly fall by themselves. Huge tree’s that have stood for at least hundreds of years, just start falling. Many soldiers would talk about hearing people, and drum beats, and we always seemed to have “gotten lost” even though we had the best technology and were very familiar with the areas. HMMM… email for anymore details.. justme32952@yahoo.com, I always respect the land of Hawaii!

RedAngel says:

March 7, 2009, 12:55 am

In reading some of the comments posted here, there are some of you who want to know how to deal with paranormal events that occur in your life. I may be of some assistance with this because my work is to perform “releasements” on people who have entities attached to them and cleanse houses and offices of sinister forces. I have extensive experience with demons and other dark entitites as well as human attachments. There are a number of points to remember when faced with this type of situation. The first is to never confront an entitiy with
fear or anger as any negative emotion is what they feed off of. The second is that Love is stronger than any dark energy and can negate its force. The third is that there are both positive as well as negative entites every where we go, especially here in Hawaii. However, the positive entites will not scare you. The negative or dark entities will sometimes trick you into thinking that they are harmless at first in order to get you to trust them but later will show you their true intent. Do not make friends with entities that contact you and want you to do something that is based on hate or anger. That will only make them stronger and you weaker. Loved ones who have passed on will not take up residence in your house. There are always dark entities that are attracted to those who attend scary movies or to people who like to scare themselves. They are also attracted to those who display a lot of hostility, depression, drug and alcohol abuse and anger.
Hopefully this will be of some help to those who are currently facing these paranomal issues or perhaps will keep you from having to experience really nasty ones.

TERE_RAMOS says:

May 29, 2009, 4:44 pm

OMG!!….THATS SO SCARY!!!…ESTOY MIEDO AHORITHA!!!

Anna says:

June 9, 2009, 4:25 am

I have look every where to find out about kalamo township in eaton county. It is a small town one store very little store. my family and i moved into this house when i was almost 6 years old. one night scared me for life. In the dark things changed my room changed there where so many spirets comming up from my floor, i remember a woman and son, they where dressed in omish close. i was so scared yelling at the top of my lungs my care bear poster turend into the wizard of oz witch. i went to get of my bed but an old man went through my legs. My mom finaly turend on th hall light and it was gone.i know what i saw was true. And my mother finaly told me the truth when i was 20 years old. only becouse i told her i was going back to that house to find out what happend to me. She told me there was no since becouse its not there any more.I said whats not there. She said that one night my brother did not want to go to bed,she asked him why he said becouse the people that i talk to keep him up all night.So my mom decided to listen at the bottom of the stares, she said she heard me talking and walked up the stairs and i was talking to some one that was not there. it was trying to get me to do something and i guess i would not do it. i keeped saying no no and then told it to leave my brother a lone. my brother wasfighting in his sleep. my mom grabbed us to us down stairs called the church, she said they sent out on preist and two nuns. and they said ther wasent just one demon there where moltpal demons. i realy want to get hipmatiesed to find out what happened to me and what it wanted me to do.

tina says:

June 11, 2009, 6:29 am

i want to know wat street its on cuz i live in kaimuki

eric says:

June 29, 2009, 6:13 am

Does anyone have any stories about Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard? I work there and would like to know.

hawaiian style says:

July 30, 2009, 1:11 am

what is the road and or info about the ”kasha” house??? please post mahalo

darealone says:

July 30, 2009, 1:17 am

my cousin said his friend and his family are the family that used to live in that so called kasha house i no everything so just yea!!!!!!!

SaSS says:

August 8, 2009, 10:22 am

Howzit everybody =)
I have heard so much about that “KASHA HOUSE” in Kaimuki… if all of u know so much about this house …”from walking by it” ,”or because its ur aunties-cousins-friends-brother n laws family” and especially if its ur ‘HOOD…a few blocks away from ur house”
WITH ALL DO RESPECT WHY WONT ANY OF YOU RESPOND TO ALL THE REQUEST FOR THE EXACT LOCATION OF THIS KASHA HOUSE.I FOR ONE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE THAT HOUSE IS. …so far there has been 3 different locations pointed out to me!
Please…i need to know where it is ! I need to see it!

Miriam says:

November 27, 2009, 7:22 am

Am seeking information regarding paranormal/ historical activity at Regency Park Condos @ 3138 Wai’alae. Just did a clearing there.

TooExplicit says:

December 19, 2009, 10:01 am

Damn! That’s bad ***.

TooExplicit says:

December 19, 2009, 10:02 am

**** yo that’s crazy!

sal says:

January 22, 2010, 9:06 pm

yo eric on http://www.hauntedhawaii.net there’s a lot of island ghost stories and some with pearl harbor locations. very cool website.

Miriam says:

January 23, 2010, 6:22 am

Chinedum Njibe, your offers sound like another form of VooDoo or Santeria. Which is okay, but Hawai’i people don’t need to pay your way to Paradise. We have our own ;owerful practitioners here that won’t charge a dime.

lily says:

February 19, 2010, 4:22 pm

there once was a hotel that i went in and my grampa and grama got meeied in and they died so i went to the bathroom and i was washing my hans ans i looked in the mirror and i saw them with a knife in there hand and stuff starded haunting me and a voice is saying im going to die next goodby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronson Hill says:

April 7, 2010, 5:19 pm

does anybody have the adress of this house, it would be great to see

Ronson says:

April 7, 2010, 5:21 pm

does anybody have the adress of this house, it would be great to see in person.

Makana says:

May 23, 2010, 9:29 pm

One night, in Hilo, HI, we were at my aunty and uncles house. My Papa had prok in his turck, and as they began to drive away, something began choking him. A few seconds later my Mom them came to his truck with Ki (Ti-leaves) and the choking stopped. I’m still not sure what it was that went on that night, but it still scares me.
I’ve also had a “ghostly encounter” myself. About 7 or 8 years ago around the time when I was 6 or 7, I was staying at my grandma’s for the night, me and my sister. At one point in the night I woke up. For what reason? I’m not sure, but I looked to the window and saw what appeared to be an apparition of a woman. She was lightly tapping on the window. There was a flower neslted behind her ear, she was actually very beautiful. A few minutes after I dozed off again. I hadn’t told anyone till recently (I am currently 14) what I had seen that night. I shared thi with my sister and she froze, she had seen it too. I was shocked. I asked her explain what she saw to me, and to my surprise, it was the EXACT same thing that I saw. I don’t know who, or what it was but I’ve never seen her since. And to this day, I can’t stayat my grandma’s place with the windows opened…

GMK says:

August 28, 2010, 9:04 pm

Contessa Condominium on Kings Street just across from the Humane Society is reputed to be haunted. I’ve only heard scattered stories through the years. Does anyone know any details or storied?

Selika says:

October 3, 2010, 5:50 am

were exactley is this place? i would love to go and study wuts been going on there… its definianly caught my interest…any one with a clue about the were abouts of this house post it and let me no…

ASHLEY MENDEZ says:

October 16, 2010, 6:21 am

ASHLEY MENDEZ says:

October 16, 2010, 6:23 am

HI ILL MY NAME IS ASHLEY IM A Investigator FROM THE MAINLAND AND WOULD LOVE SOME PLACES HERE TO CHECK OUT IM NEW TO HAWAII IF ANYONE KNOW SOME PLACE PLEASE EMAIL ME AT anm.n.mjm@gmail.com thanks all

LF says:

November 24, 2010, 5:07 pm

My wife went to a house that is located on the forest preserve in Hakalau on the big island for a class project. The house is empty and is a protected historical structure. The house is simple but old and is constructed entirely of Koa wood which is very expensive. It is located in the koa forests there. The house is known to be haunted as there have been sightings and several photos of ghosts there. Supposedly a child was killed there at some point. From this trip alone there are several photos with figures in them. I’v seen one photo which clearly has a mans face in the group picture. Several photos were taken and the face appears in only that shot so it is not a reflection of some sort. The other shots were taken with a different camera and my wife said one is a little girl and the other is an older hawaiian woman. does anyone know anything about this house? Also does anyone have the actual address of where the “8th and harding” house Glen Grant talked about is. One post stated a house down the road in Manoa. Does anyone have a location?

dis guy says:

March 25, 2011, 5:35 am

if this is the corner house i think people live there now

Penalopeparis says:

May 3, 2011, 11:33 pm

I want 2 also know where the exact location 2 this kasha house in kaimuki????

Tony Ford says:

June 20, 2011, 8:26 am

Aloha,

I lived on Oahu off & on about 8 1/2 years & went to high school at AOP in Honolulu. I have honestly never heard this story until now, and honestly for those asking if you have read all of the posts about it or at least a good portion you will notice someone said that they live a block from the house that was reported to be the real house but is not. I am sure no one will give out the real location but there is a good chance if you can find a house that has been vacant for a while or has been torn down chances are that’s your best bet. My 1st wife went to BYUH in Laie & on more then once occasion we both saw some very ….ed up …. on the campus grounds along with some other unexplained occurrences when we sub leased a couples home here which made neither of us want to live or be there at night again. I am very interested in the study of ghosts & spirits mostly because I am curious about what really happens when a person dies & why some of us are left behind to haunt & others move on. Please do not sent spam to my email.

Mahalo’z

061063063067 says:

September 24, 2011, 8:18 am

I believe the real house is on second ave. It has a gigantic uncut mango tree in front of it and has since turned into a dump, the front yard is filled with trash. Inside also seems to be filled with garbage.

SKI Wayne says:

March 3, 2012, 4:54 am

Visit http://www.spookykine.com/2011/03/in-search-of-kasha-of-kaimuki.html,to read what Spooky Kine Investigations uncovered about Glen Grant’s story “The Kasha of Kaimuki”.

“In the tale “The Kasha of Kaimuki,” I linked the incident to a Japanese folk myth concerning an unseen evil force that is conjured up through sorcery to tear apart the bodies of victims. The Kasha makes a gruesome opponent for Dectective McDougal, but the connection is entirely fictional. I know of no such Japanese-style paranormal being which has ever visited the Hawaiian Islands.”
~ Glen Grant, The Secret Obake Casebook: Tales From the Darkside of the Cabinet, 52, 1997.

SPOOKY KINE INVESTIGATIONS: Proudly serving Hawaii’s communities and its people.

ZARIONNA says:

April 25, 2012, 10:57 am

WOW IF I WAS THERE I WOULD KICK THAT GHOST BUUUT SO HARD IT WOULD BE HOT LIKE MY MOMS CHICKEN

Cathy says:

October 31, 2012, 6:53 pm

I live in Mililani, but before that, I lived in Wahiawa Heights for 28-30 yrs., in the same house. From the time I moved there in the the 70’s,and moved out in early 2000’s, things happened.
My daughter,a small girl then, would hear rolling under her bed almost every night. I would see a dark shadow from the corner of my eye,and when I would look, it would dart back fast,as if something didn’t want to be seen. This would happen almost every night.In later years, when I would be washing dishes in the evenings, I could feel someone standing right behind me.I would turn around real fast,and no one would be there. I was even touched more than a few times from behind while washing dishes, that really freaked me out.
There is one story in particular that always tell people when we start talking about scary things. There was this room in the house that never had a door on it since I moved in. This went on of years, till I decided that I wanted one there. A door was put on and came with a silly little key that looked like the kind you would open the old kind of spam or corn beef cans with. I thought for sure I would lose that key, so I taped in to the wall in the living room. That night,I heard a “tink” sound that woke me up. It sounded like something fell in the living room, in which my room was right next to. When I woke up the next morning there was that key on the floor. I couldn’t figure out how it fell, because the tape was still there on the wall where I placed it, and no had touched it. I put the key back in the same place and forgot about it. That night again the same thing happened. I went into the living room, and there was that key again, on the floor, and the tape not messed with. The next day I debated whether to put the key back in the same place, well I did, and that night I heard the same noise again,but I was to scared to look. I waited till morning to check. When I went into the living room there was no key anywhere to be found. I looked for days, but never found that key again.
My last day in that house I was there alone.I came close up and make sure I didn’t leave anything behind. When I walked into the back room, the room by the kitchen and the same room that I had placed the door on, years before, I felt this over whelming scene of sorrow. I couldn’t figure out where this was coming from. Nowhere in the house did I have that feeling, only this area in the house. I kept walking from room to room, to see if I could find out if it was the room or me. It was only in that back room that I felt this sadness. I heard years later,that sometimes when you feel that way it’s not you, but the spirit or the soul of something else that you’re picking up on. I believe that is true.My last day in that house, the house my family and I lived in for many years, was sad to see us go. Who or whatever was there with us for all those many years, was the feeling I was picking up on. It was sad to see us go,and it was letting me know.

AgentX says:

October 30, 2013, 7:15 pm

The House is on the corner of 8th and Harding ave. Reasons he was Sued is because he mentioned the location.
Now think about it. If you were a selfish heartless person who just bought a house and got kicked out with no where to go and in fear to go back in wouldn’t you do anything to try and get your money back and far away from the house?

The House Is on the Corner Of 8th and Harding Ave. But what is in that house is not the demon people say. The spirit with no arms is no longer in that house. But there are other spirits in there along with something else.

Bigg Mama Peterson says:

November 9, 2013, 5:00 pm

What has happened to this house is it still standing?

lmh says:

August 11, 2014, 3:12 am

I want to know where this location is at exactly please

Brad says:

October 31, 2014, 5:43 pm

I have to say I take extreme offense to the very last line. There are no “villagers” in Kaimuki. Get your facts straight, yo.

Rob says:

June 18, 2015, 6:06 am

Moved to kaimuki recently from the mainland. near kamimuki ave and kapiolani. We have a bathroom outside and I heard noises. I walked in to the room and it stopped. I looked at the outside sink there and seen dark water moving but different. I opened my eyes because I thought i was just seeing things. It was still moving around. I felt scared because I never seen something like that before my eyes. We removed the sink later. Was a cement sink from the 1800s. Then I was told by my sisters boyfriend who owns it that it has history. His mom was having dreams of something bad about a guy or something. Later she left and he moved In. He found a pile of wood underneath the house directly below where she slept. He started moving it and found a old painting. I can’t remember exactly but it was 3 people. One was a marine and one a evil looking demon and a woman In front of the marine. The evil demon was reaching g around the marine and stabbing the woman in the heart. Later he asked his mom about it and it was the marine she was seeing In her dreams. True story.