House of Seven Gables

Leitchfield, Kentucky

Abandoned for at least twenty-five years, this house is haunted. If one places a can at the bottom of the stairs as he makes his way to the top, the can will be standing up upon his return.

SNG says:

September 27, 2005, 1:19 pm

Call me crazy but I thought the House of Seven Gables was in RI?

Chris says:

October 4, 2005, 1:04 pm

SNG, oh yeah, you’re crazy! You are just a f**cking nut!

fred says:

October 5, 2005, 8:28 pm

its in ma

angie says:

October 14, 2005, 5:29 pm

it is in salem, ma

Josh T says:

November 1, 2005, 9:04 pm

lol o man this site is so messed up no pics no real bios and they get the places mixed up lol

christian says:

November 5, 2005, 11:32 pm

i agree with everybody tis is f***** ^

Whitneyy says:

January 6, 2006, 6:24 pm

pancakes and bacon

Corey Sanders says:

March 5, 2006, 1:38 pm

I live in leitchfeild and been in that house at 12:00 midnight and i was trapped but I broke out the window so DO NOT go in that house there you will die.

Jennifer says:

May 1, 2006, 12:46 pm

I need to know how to get to this house ?
Can anyone email me the directions?
My e-mail adress is

August 8, 2006, 5:18 pm

angel says:

August 11, 2006, 9:56 am

wat ya on bout?

POO says:

August 30, 2006, 8:07 pm

Debbie says:

September 21, 2006, 10:00 pm

I have lived here all my life and have never heard of this place.Will someone please give me directions to this place? Place!

Ashley says:

September 29, 2006, 12:21 pm

Read the book by Nathaniel Hawthorne and you will realize the house of seven gables is in Salem Massachusetts

alaina says:

October 3, 2006, 5:03 pm

Thats messed up ive been in the house of seven gables. its in selam mass. ok get ur facts straight.

teresa says:

October 20, 2006, 9:26 pm

Yes ther was a house here called that in the 80s and 90s it was haunted but it has been torn down for years

Thomas says:

October 29, 2006, 10:10 pm

This was an actual place in Grayson County, Ky. I never went in there but have seen it and you did not want to go in there. It had a look and feel about it just from the outside. I do not know the history about the house, but it has been torn down. When, I do not know. In fact, if it was still standing, I would pass it each day going to and from work.

Remember people, there can be more than one place with the same name.

December 19, 2006, 10:22 pm

Mark Lenox says:

February 7, 2007, 5:05 pm

I went there and i did it and it didnt work yall are CRAZY FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin says:

February 25, 2007, 9:42 pm

Has anyone ever heard of the Seven Gables in North Augusta? It was built in 1903.

Britanie says:

March 11, 2007, 8:02 pm

:)..I live in Leitchfield and Ive never heard of that.

makenzie says:

March 15, 2007, 5:12 pm

thats reatarted
give me proof and ill give you 100 dollers

hali says:

March 16, 2007, 2:26 pm

that waz a boring story!

Eddie says:

September 7, 2007, 10:43 pm

what about this holt mansion? and the annie boone house. please send info to

Lori says:

September 21, 2007, 4:36 am

can someone email the inof on the Annie booth house and the cry-baby bridge? please..

Bob says:

January 31, 2008, 11:43 am

Wat the F*** if this is scary then there needs to be more information about it…and its in ma!!!

michael says:

February 11, 2008, 8:59 pm

well this is more then one seven gables i can think of two i know for a fact there are for i have been there so there could be one there too…and i dont under stand what it is saying the can will do?lol

michael says:

February 11, 2008, 9:00 pm

jerry 1583 says:

March 21, 2008, 6:53 pm

Ashley says:

May 7, 2008, 12:48 am

If anyone knows what they were talking about in Breckinridge Co. there being a haunted place called the Joseph Holt Mansion, please e-mail me at It’s pretty boring out here in Breck Co and I would like to go check it out as long as it is worth going to. I have been to the Gates of Hell out this way already and it is a little creepy, especially when the moon is full and it makes that light in the woods that looks so close to you, but when you try to walk to it, it just gets farther away… But there was nothing too bad out there. It’s just a cemetary that has a few people in it who were believed to be witches back in the 1700s and early 1800s, but the people who actually have tombstones are just someone’s family member so I wish people would stop breaking the gravestones out there. The “witches” didn’t get gravestones. They gone little pieces of flat stone with no name.

Ane says:

August 11, 2008, 11:06 pm

Hmm, funny doesn’t look torn down to me, LOL!!!!! Looks like a historic building in …ding …ding …ding…Salem, Ma!

wanda mere says:

August 29, 2008, 2:35 pm

I live in leitchfield,Ky and wanting to know where the haunting places are and maps how to get to.And the Joseph holt place too.Thanks

Jessica says:

October 2, 2008, 9:47 pm

People….before commenting on this page, read the other comments. I live here in Grayson county and once again I confirm that there was such a place and it was torn down. It’s just like theres a glascow kentucky, theres a glascow scotland. DUH!!! if anyone wants info on the other haunted places in grayson and surrounding counties, my e mail is please make the subject as>> wanting to know about haunted places<< so I don’t think it’s spam ok?

Travis says:

October 12, 2008, 1:36 pm

my cousin lives in GRAYSON COUNTY and ive been to Leitchfeild thosands of times and ive never seen or heard about it.

Rendy says:

October 26, 2008, 2:19 pm

hey were is this place located in leitchfield i wanna see it for myself i live in big clifty. if there is such a place my fiance will know the street if someone knows it

Chad Haycraft says:

November 22, 2008, 8:58 pm

The Annie Boone house as been torn down as well.

Jason says:

November 25, 2008, 4:35 am

Check out our website at

We contribute to and support the Save the Children Foundation! Read to support!

oh well says:

December 26, 2008, 1:17 pm

The house is long gone, but was well known 20 years ago, never heard about the can thing though. We used to take people there on Halloween night. Scary but no gohst sightings. Don’t think it was torn down it just fell on its own. What about Witches rosh? and other places in the County?

Jonny Phoenix says:

June 29, 2009, 9:00 am

Here in Michigan we have a seven gable lane that is closed if you want to go back any more than a mile but if you go back past the gates another 2 miles thanthere is an old foundation of a house that is said to be haunted. it is said that a witch once live there during the mid 1800’s. she was attractive and had some problems with peeping-toms. She decided to put a curse on the fence that surrounded her property that would cause the death of anyone who would jump over it after a scream. two to five years later the witch heard a baby screeming and crying next door. she rushed to help and forgot about the curse as she jumped over her own fence. she died very soon after that. tweenty-five years later a man and his family moved into the witches house not knowing the history of the property. he became mentally insane due to the akward nature of the other people living near by, nightmares, and a strange pressence in the house. he became mean and cut a leg off of the family dog for no reason, a few days later burned the house down with the dog and his family inside. he walk down the road with his shotgun intending on shooting himself but instead found a good rope and hung himself. after that the police blocked the road off. today there are 4 main ghost that haunt the area around seven gable lane; a three leged dog, the witch, the insane man and his youngest daughter, but that isn’t all that haunts. many people have died trying to get there the back way through a swamp and hidden lake they also haunt still trying to get to the old foundation of this haunted house. on nights with a full moon there might be a little girl at the gate, where the road ends now, she will let you know if it is safe or not if she is there.

Southern Indiana Ghost Hunters Team says:

August 14, 2009, 10:44 pm

Can anyone tell me if there was anything built in the location where the 7Gables house was? It could be the land is haunted and not the house…does anyone know if this was ever checked out?

Lexiana Smiley says:

December 15, 2009, 11:57 pm

This is SO not true! Half of my family lived in Litchfield and not once have ANY of them heard of this place being in Kentucky. It is DEFINITELY in Massachusettes.

Keisha Gibson says:

October 10, 2010, 7:27 pm

I’ve lived in Leitchfield ALL my life…I’ve HEARD of the House of Seven Gables…however, my Mom said it was the house that was located directly across from Hardees…it was fixed up & used as a haunted house for years…it was SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN…..It has been torn down 4 MANY years….

Julie says:

October 10, 2010, 11:06 pm

The house was actually located on Cowpen Rd in Pikeville, KY. The house has been torn down but the property where the house was located never blooms. The grass and trees are dead all year round.

kx yong says:

November 19, 2010, 1:38 am

i need picture,not telling

Rivers mom says:

June 21, 2011, 5:35 pm

I live in Grayson County Ky, and sorry to bust any bubbles but yes there is in face a 7 gables here it is located of Grayson springs rd. It is on privet property and fence in, maybe the reason not many have heard of it as far as it being torn down havent heard that, but it in fact is or was real. It is said that it was a military insane asylum during the civil war, but im not sure on the facts on that part. However the haunted part is true my niece went there and it like to scared here to death and she is not easily scared. if you are looking for a haunted place to visit Waverly hills in louisville is a great place to go just went there recently and it was great, truly haunted and interesting to say the least, you do have to pay but the 8 hour tour is worth it.

moore says:

July 4, 2013, 12:16 pm

well people i am from Kentucky and i have lived here my whole life and let me reassure you that they use to be a restaurant in burnside ,ky..and it was called the seven did not stay very long it was closed down for unknown reasons…but yes there was a place named this in kentucky!!

Tom says:

September 16, 2015, 10:01 pm

This house resembles the House of Seven Gables in the story. It’s not the actual house. It does have instances that happened there