Pocatello High School

Oakdale, Connecticut

Built in 1893, this high school is shrouded by a number of ghost stories. Two of the stories involve the locker room just beneath the stage. In one case, the lead actress in a play was strangled in the locker room by a jealous understudy. The understudy simply went on the stage and took the murdered girl’s place. If one stands on the balcony at night and shines a red light on center stage, he will be confront by a girl in a polka dot dress. In the other story, a girl was waiting for an audition and was raped and killed by an unknown man. Today, if one is in the locker room when all is quiet, he will hear rapid breathing and faint moans. Often, there are allegedly cool breezes accompanied by the feeling of fingers brushing lightly across the neck and shoulders.

« · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · Next » ·

John Silverton says:

November 9, 2006, 2:36 pm

I had just recently graduated from poky. The four years that i had spent there migh have been the coolest of my life. I have seen aperations and ghostly figures at the end of allways and i have shined the red light on the stage and saw something run acrose it very quickly. I do wish to major in paranormal activity and to come back to the high school and do some real work on it.

Ben Hodges says:

December 21, 2006, 7:30 pm

I attended Poky high from 1992-1993. It was a totally awesome school for me. I miss being there sometimes, because of the way it made you feel; the place is old and filled with history, and some say it’s haunted. I never experienced any paranormal, but I always felt something or someone was watching me when I was in the Small Gym alone or in the dressing rooms or the lower bathrooms. Whether it’s haunted or not, it is insanely fun to be in a school that big, that old, and one with that much tradition.

pinky says:

January 15, 2007, 6:23 pm

I would hate 2 go 2 that high school sounds scary!!!!!!

Marc Marinelli says:

January 30, 2007, 2:10 pm

Im very intrested in this story about your high school….I am also intrested in making a student documentary film about it… If anyone is intrested in doing some interviews on camera telling us about your experiences in the school That would be great..
you can email me at mmmarinelli@quinnipiac.edu

Your help would make an awesome documentary..

Thanks

Reverend of Ill Repute says:

February 9, 2007, 6:38 am

Several people I knew had sex in the balcony. At least one got caught. It wasn’t me. But if it was you then tell everyone you are sorry.

Mark Newman says:

February 24, 2007, 11:59 am

I have an explanation for some of those haunting stories. Maybe those strange noises people hear are kids like me and my friends who found out how to get into the hollow spaces inside the walls and travel around in the school. There’s a place in both buildings for that. Once, during an assembly, I reached up through a hole in the auditorium floor and grabbed a kid’s foot. No doubt that person believes the haunting stories! We also discovered what we could also only surmise was a bomb shelter in the main building stocked with strange old food and other supplies. This was in 1979, and it looked very old to us, we didn’t dare eat any.

Lisa says:

March 14, 2007, 2:55 pm

There should be a correction, there is no Pocatello High School in Oakdale Connecticut. I grew up in Oakdale and if you Google the school name its in ID not CT.
Thanks

missy says:

August 10, 2007, 9:16 pm

i go to pocatello high school and i also work there, ya thats right im a jantior, so im there in the summer and really late at night. i have personally heard footsteps in the aditorium late at night when thers no one there. a few people that work with me also state that they too have heard and seen things, like one said he saw a girl dancing on stage, and another ran out almost in tears saying her mop bucket slid by itself into the double doors. i worked there last summer and there were some balloons that were tied on to a random seat in the audatorium that didnt go flat the whole summer and would blow like there was a slight breeze. ya poky is an old school but i found it eerie.

Josh says:

October 4, 2007, 4:03 pm

WHy is this listed under COnnecticut instead of Idaho?

keely says:

October 11, 2007, 1:21 pm

I’d like to start off by saying im the current pocatello costume mistress, and have been going to Poky for 4 years now. I have been under the stage and in the auditorium.I have yet to see the aledged ghost!I’ve been in the auditorium working on shows all night til at least 3 in the morning.And as far as i know there are no ghosts! The same can be said for under the stage and in the dressing rooms.

Amber says:

October 15, 2007, 8:17 pm

I know it is haunted for a fact i am a freshmen there, and my grandma and dad and uncle and my aunt and so on went there and my other grandma was a janitor there for 6 years she quit after then and moved anyways she worked there at night and she seen things like a girl walking down the hall singing then diasapears into thin air and then when she went into the room with the stage she seen things and heard stuff and i know it is haunted the people that think it isn’t its because they don’t want to see one thats why, if u don’t believe me then go around the building 3 times i went and it freaked me out but the school is good and fun so dont be afraid of it it only happens at night

Jim says:

October 15, 2007, 11:23 pm

There is no Pocatello High School in Oakdale CT. I live there,it’s a borough of Montville. There is no such school, every posting here claiming to be from current or past students must be a lie.

tom says:

October 15, 2007, 11:39 pm

This School Is in Pocatello Idaho. Therefore it needs to be put there in the listing. now as for the school being Haunted. IT IS!!!!!!! i HAVE SEEN THINGS. ME AND A FRIEND SAW THIS. One night around 1:30 am. him and i were driving by the school. we saw two girls in the windows at the back of the main bldg. Now we then went to the windows by the deans office, and by small gym. now one was there we saw the town girls walk by window, then we saw them inside the deans office window. that freaked us out, cause they looked at us. we left but didn’t go home we drove back by about 20 mins later. and the fire dept. was there, a fire was started in the deans office, but the kicker is when the fired dept responded, the door of deans office was locked, and fire was set from within his office in a garrabge can. Also I have witnessed first hand the hauntings of the auditorium, and the seage, the locker rooms, and other areas of school. also saw a door to a locked balcony. watched door shut, and a kid w/ jenkins (drama teach) went to balcony and found both doors locked. he unlocked them, went in and foun no one sitting in any of the seats. The tunnels under the school, that is some massive haunting grounds. I’ve seen the girl, and a few other gohsts. I went and heard footsteps, turn and no one there. I fave also felt someone touch me, from behind, turn and no one there. Seen a girl and a guy in windows of libary. Also a friend of mine killed himself on the road right behind the school. I also have seen people walk down halls, and go to where u think they’d be, and find no one

tom says:

October 16, 2007, 12:13 am

Fort Hall has alot of haunted places

amber says:

October 18, 2007, 9:08 pm

I’m a junior and i can’t really tell you if poky high is haunted or not. But I do belive that the school is haunted. I have heard some freaky things in the school before but never been able to see any “ghost”…yet. I’m not afraid of ghost at all, as a matter of fact, I want to see the ghost. Me and my friend are planning on driving around the school three times on holloween night and look directly through the library windows. One of my friends did that and said when she did it, she seen a red outlinning of a person hannging from a rope. That just makes me even more curious, don’t you?

tom says:

October 20, 2007, 1:30 am

amber that is true about the library windows, and the
red outlinning of a person hannging from a rope. I too have seen it. also check all the windows at back of main bldg. I’ve seen two girls. Sometimes they are there. If you see them looking down like they are looking at the road, see if you can see their eyes. Also i’ve seen the girl, the one that got hung in the locker. I’ve also seen and heard other things. You need to ask your friends, and even the janitors, cause i’ve known some of them, and they really don’t like to be there after hours. I also would like to know of any other stories that you know of.

tom says:

October 20, 2007, 1:33 am

amber get them to write their accounts on here. Please.

tom says:

October 25, 2007, 1:52 am

POCATELLO HIGH SCHOOL
THE LONGEST LIST OF THE LONGEST STUFF AT THE LONGEST DOMAIN NAME AT LONG LAST
The story of Pocatello High School.

Pocatello High School can be found in Pocatello, Idaho. The school dates back to the early 1900’s even though it did burn completely to the ground in 1914. The school was rebuilt at the exact same location. In 1939, additions were made to the school including a new gymnasium and more buildings in recent years. Even with all the renovations, the school still has a unique 1916 feel about it.

Not only is the high school one of the oldest buildings still in existence, but it has ghost of the past that are not willing to leave.

Sometime between the 1930’s and the 1950’s two best friends, girls, made a suicide pact. No one knows the reason or reasons these girls decided to end their life, however, one of the girls hung herself from her own locker while the other girl was too afraid to stick to her end of the pact. Many people would smell the perfume of the dead girl as they passed by the locker so strong the school finally threw out her locker. However, this did not help release the girl’s spirit. The custodial staff has seen her walking the halls and at times, her perfume still lingers in the air.

Science class had a visitor that could not be explained away by reasonable occurrences. At one time, the class used a real skeleton to learn about the bones of the human body. However, the school switched to plastic bones and packed away the real bones. This upset one ghost that would place the real skeleton in the cabinets and other places around the room.

Many people passing by the school have seen faces peering out at them from the library windows and some of back windows.

A visit to the Pocatello High School during the evening hours will give you a special treat as unseen hands will play a concert on the piano in the auditorium.

Sean Montgomery says:

October 27, 2007, 11:11 am

Can I get a direct link to your source tom? I’m not sure I believe all that. What custodians? Fred?

raul says:

October 30, 2007, 3:21 pm

alright id say it is about time this story be investigated by a group of trustworthy people.reason being a lot of people dont realize that our brain are stronger than anything alse in our body causing several abnormal events to happen that really did not.so im going to try to get a group in pocatello highschool who are convinced these stories are false and then if it turns out to be true then ill be inclined to believe this phenomenon.

« · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · Next » ·