Pocatello High School

Oakdale, Connecticut

Built in 1893, this high school is shrouded by a number of ghost stories. Two of the stories involve the locker room just beneath the stage. In one case, the lead actress in a play was strangled in the locker room by a jealous understudy. The understudy simply went on the stage and took the murdered girl’s place. If one stands on the balcony at night and shines a red light on center stage, he will be confront by a girl in a polka dot dress. In the other story, a girl was waiting for an audition and was raped and killed by an unknown man. Today, if one is in the locker room when all is quiet, he will hear rapid breathing and faint moans. Often, there are allegedly cool breezes accompanied by the feeling of fingers brushing lightly across the neck and shoulders.

Sean Montgomery says:

November 27, 2005, 4:04 am

I’ve been attending this school for two years now. My father, my uncle, my grandfather, my great uncle, my great aunt, and my great great grandfather have all gone to this school. I know the custodial staff well. I’ve been in the hallways at night, i’ve been in the library alone (at least 100 times), i’ve been in the older parts of the buildings, i’ve been in closed off rooms, and I can honestly say not only have there been no spoken legends of hauntings, I’ve never heard of anyone at my school even remotely have something paranormal happen to them. The most one sees from the past is the old senior pictures that Poky hangs from the walls with each graduating class, and the old pipes in the school building that give all the waterfountains a metallic taste.

Brittney Owen says:

December 8, 2005, 12:36 pm

I went to Pocatello High School for the first half of my freshman year, and I heard that the Auditorium was haunted. Well, during drama one day, Mr. Jenkins told us what really happened. Since then I have never believed that the high school was haunted it’s just old and maybe still a fire hazard.

tia Ellis says:

January 9, 2006, 11:30 pm

I am now a senior at Pocatello High School, and have made frequent visits there at night with my father years before that. You may say that you haven’t seen anything supernatural…..but face it the school is haunted. I have heard my share of haunted stories…and have heard the clankings in the locker room. There is no doubt in my mind that our school is haunted.

ladywilde says:

February 23, 2006, 2:41 pm

I just wish people would take this site seriously and not post such horrible mumblings and rantings…

ghost hunter says:

May 22, 2006, 8:19 pm

i am a sophmore at poky and i have heard alot of alot of ghost stories. i wish some of them were posted on this site.i have had some peranormal stuff happen to me.and the only one i couldnt explain was i was in front of the school(at around mid-night)all the lights started blinking the same and it was morse code and it spelled out “im going to kill you”

joe says:

June 26, 2006, 1:02 pm

the high school is not haunted,i was granted permission to stay there last summer i spent 6 nights there,not one evp,not one sighting,not even a noise,just your basic building sounds(furnace etc.)as far as the red light goes,we kept it on at all times and kept a high definition sony dvd recorder on,and um nothing at all,its not haunted by any means,2 nights i spent alone,my partner spent 2 as well,the other 2 nights together actualy it was boring and a waste of time,sorry to bum anyone out

nicole says:

July 16, 2006, 11:29 pm

i got scared when i heard those haunts!!!! i still think that the people telling this story is lying because how do you see a girls with a poka bot dress on in a red light from a higher position? Also, of te rape scene did really go on it was in the past so why would you hear it now? you would only hear it if the gost is just doing it to scare you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley says:

July 24, 2006, 3:40 pm

Actually, even though the rape may have happened long ago, you may actually be able to still hear it. Sometimes buildings well old buildings trap certain occurances and replay them over and over again. it’s a proven fact. Ever see ghosthunters on Sci-fi? Taps. They explained this on the episode they did on the hotel from THE SHINING. Don’t think you know everything because you don’t. Anything and everything is possible.

Hillary Duff says:

August 13, 2006, 1:40 am

I dislike all of my fans

kila says:

August 14, 2006, 7:31 pm

and i dislike u Hilary and Haely too

renee schwartz says:

August 27, 2006, 4:08 pm

Don’t beleive all you see on TV, Ashley. The people who run shows often make up 1/3 of what they say is true. This, to, is a proven fact.

ALF says:

September 4, 2006, 4:58 pm

The first mistake in the story is that the area under the stage is not called a locker room, they are dressing rooms. In my day, no one used the girls restroom in the dressing room hall, we all used the boys room because we were sure the girls room was haunted. That may or may not have been true but we didn’t even go to that end of the hall alone. Maybe there were ghosts, maybe the light at that end just didn’t work which is always creepy in an old building. I did sit in the hall once all by my self, hoping to hear the sound or see a ghost but nothing happend. Does that mean anything? No. Too bad you don’t have more stories like the missing locker and the stairways behind the walls. Mrs. Beryl Taylor knew them all.

Katrina says:

September 28, 2006, 3:25 am

Growing up in Pocatello, you hear legends about PHS hauntings, after all, it’s a creepy old building. There are a couple of things to consider before looking to ghosts as the culprit for the strange goings on. The school is so old, and it is quite easy to break in. A lot of the transients from the traintracks a few blocks away are known to seek shelter from those cold Idaho nights. Many “ghosts” or strange noises have been attributed these special “guests” — a friend in security has confirmed that. Old buildings make noises. I spent a lot of time in the school, many times alone and never had a strange or supernatural moment. I am not saying that ghosts don’t exist, but I am saying that a lot of the events that many state happened at PHS, (events from which these ghosts have come from,) have never been documented or recalled by students who attended the school at the time of these events supposedly happened.

ALF says:

October 3, 2006, 11:30 am

If you google “Pocatello High haunts” you find a page that has more history of the place and a couple more stories. It’s kind of cool if you are bored.
Katrina,
When were you at Poky? I knew a couple of Katrina’s when I was there from 86-89.
Alissa

Katrina says:

October 5, 2006, 4:41 am

Alissa,

I never went to Poky, in fact, I would have gone to Highland if I would have stayed. However, I moved to the Seattle area, and thus, never experienced the famous “rivarly” between the two schools in my high school years. However, I was a very adament ballet student who did many performances in the auditorium and was left alone in the basement many o’ times. AllI ever got was a strange vibe. Funny how that works sometimes. Thanks for the Google site–it was VERY interesting!!!!
Katrina

Dizzle says:

October 12, 2006, 5:55 am

I know that pocatello high school is haunted. I go there and have for almost three years. If you don’t go there and haven’t seen for yourself than you don’t know and shouldn’t be writing if it’s true or not.

Nancy says:

October 12, 2006, 5:56 am

I know that pocatello high school is haunted. I go there and have for almost three years. If you haven’t seen it for yourself than you don’t know and shouldn’t be writing if it’s true or not.

megan says:

October 24, 2006, 9:41 pm

I currently attend Poky, and I have heard them all. For example, the one about the girl who locked herself in a locker and hung herself on friday. She wore a whole bottle of perfume to cover the smell up. she wasn’t discovered until the next monday. I guess the lockers were bigger. Also, the jazz band had a rock-a-thon and we held a seance. Sorry, I can’t spell very well. Anyway, we talked to the polk-a-dot girl but she didn’t tell us who did it. by the time she was telling us what happened I had left the stage
Cassi our love goes out to you.

Miss JK says:

November 4, 2006, 12:31 am

I went to Poky for my freshman year and part of my sophomore year before I transferred to a different school, anyhow, my older brother and I drove around that school howevermany times we are suppose to at midnight in order to see a ghost on the roof. Unfortuntatly we never did get the chance to see that “ghost”…I believe in spirits too….but I still do not think that school is haunted.It would be interesting if it really was though.

Miss JK says:

November 4, 2006, 12:31 am

I went to Poky for my freshman year and part of my sophomore year before I transferred to a different school, anyhow, my older brother and I drove around that school howevermany times we are suppose to at midnight in order to see a ghost on the roof. Unfortuntatly we never did get the chance to see that “ghost”…I believe in spirits too..but I still do not think that school is haunted.It would be interesting if it really was though.

John Silverton says:

November 9, 2006, 2:36 pm

I had just recently graduated from poky. The four years that i had spent there migh have been the coolest of my life. I have seen aperations and ghostly figures at the end of allways and i have shined the red light on the stage and saw something run acrose it very quickly. I do wish to major in paranormal activity and to come back to the high school and do some real work on it.

Ben Hodges says:

December 21, 2006, 7:30 pm

I attended Poky high from 1992-1993. It was a totally awesome school for me. I miss being there sometimes, because of the way it made you feel; the place is old and filled with history, and some say it’s haunted. I never experienced any paranormal, but I always felt something or someone was watching me when I was in the Small Gym alone or in the dressing rooms or the lower bathrooms. Whether it’s haunted or not, it is insanely fun to be in a school that big, that old, and one with that much tradition.

pinky says:

January 15, 2007, 6:23 pm

I would hate 2 go 2 that high school sounds scary!!!!!!

Marc Marinelli says:

January 30, 2007, 2:10 pm

Im very intrested in this story about your high school….I am also intrested in making a student documentary film about it… If anyone is intrested in doing some interviews on camera telling us about your experiences in the school That would be great..
you can email me at mmmarinelli@quinnipiac.edu

Your help would make an awesome documentary..

Thanks

Reverend of Ill Repute says:

February 9, 2007, 6:38 am

Several people I knew had sex in the balcony. At least one got caught. It wasn’t me. But if it was you then tell everyone you are sorry.

Mark Newman says:

February 24, 2007, 11:59 am

I have an explanation for some of those haunting stories. Maybe those strange noises people hear are kids like me and my friends who found out how to get into the hollow spaces inside the walls and travel around in the school. There’s a place in both buildings for that. Once, during an assembly, I reached up through a hole in the auditorium floor and grabbed a kid’s foot. No doubt that person believes the haunting stories! We also discovered what we could also only surmise was a bomb shelter in the main building stocked with strange old food and other supplies. This was in 1979, and it looked very old to us, we didn’t dare eat any.

Lisa says:

March 14, 2007, 2:55 pm

There should be a correction, there is no Pocatello High School in Oakdale Connecticut. I grew up in Oakdale and if you Google the school name its in ID not CT.
Thanks

missy says:

August 10, 2007, 9:16 pm

i go to pocatello high school and i also work there, ya thats right im a jantior, so im there in the summer and really late at night. i have personally heard footsteps in the aditorium late at night when thers no one there. a few people that work with me also state that they too have heard and seen things, like one said he saw a girl dancing on stage, and another ran out almost in tears saying her mop bucket slid by itself into the double doors. i worked there last summer and there were some balloons that were tied on to a random seat in the audatorium that didnt go flat the whole summer and would blow like there was a slight breeze. ya poky is an old school but i found it eerie.

Josh says:

October 4, 2007, 4:03 pm

WHy is this listed under COnnecticut instead of Idaho?

keely says:

October 11, 2007, 1:21 pm

I’d like to start off by saying im the current pocatello costume mistress, and have been going to Poky for 4 years now. I have been under the stage and in the auditorium.I have yet to see the aledged ghost!I’ve been in the auditorium working on shows all night til at least 3 in the morning.And as far as i know there are no ghosts! The same can be said for under the stage and in the dressing rooms.

Amber says:

October 15, 2007, 8:17 pm

I know it is haunted for a fact i am a freshmen there, and my grandma and dad and uncle and my aunt and so on went there and my other grandma was a janitor there for 6 years she quit after then and moved anyways she worked there at night and she seen things like a girl walking down the hall singing then diasapears into thin air and then when she went into the room with the stage she seen things and heard stuff and i know it is haunted the people that think it isn’t its because they don’t want to see one thats why, if u don’t believe me then go around the building 3 times i went and it freaked me out but the school is good and fun so dont be afraid of it it only happens at night

Jim says:

October 15, 2007, 11:23 pm

There is no Pocatello High School in Oakdale CT. I live there,it’s a borough of Montville. There is no such school, every posting here claiming to be from current or past students must be a lie.

October 15, 2007, 11:39 pm

This School Is in Pocatello Idaho. Therefore it needs to be put there in the listing. now as for the school being Haunted. IT IS!!!!!!! i HAVE SEEN THINGS. ME AND A FRIEND SAW THIS. One night around 1:30 am. him and i were driving by the school. we saw two girls in the windows at the back of the main bldg. Now we then went to the windows by the deans office, and by small gym. now one was there we saw the town girls walk by window, then we saw them inside the deans office window. that freaked us out, cause they looked at us. we left but didn’t go home we drove back by about 20 mins later. and the fire dept. was there, a fire was started in the deans office, but the kicker is when the fired dept responded, the door of deans office was locked, and fire was set from within his office in a garrabge can. Also I have witnessed first hand the hauntings of the auditorium, and the seage, the locker rooms, and other areas of school. also saw a door to a locked balcony. watched door shut, and a kid w/ jenkins (drama teach) went to balcony and found both doors locked. he unlocked them, went in and foun no one sitting in any of the seats. The tunnels under the school, that is some massive haunting grounds. I’ve seen the girl, and a few other gohsts. I went and heard footsteps, turn and no one there. I fave also felt someone touch me, from behind, turn and no one there. Seen a girl and a guy in windows of libary. Also a friend of mine killed himself on the road right behind the school. I also have seen people walk down halls, and go to where u think they’d be, and find no one

October 16, 2007, 12:13 am

Fort Hall has alot of haunted places

amber says:

October 18, 2007, 9:08 pm

I’m a junior and i can’t really tell you if poky high is haunted or not. But I do belive that the school is haunted. I have heard some freaky things in the school before but never been able to see any “ghost”…yet. I’m not afraid of ghost at all, as a matter of fact, I want to see the ghost. Me and my friend are planning on driving around the school three times on holloween night and look directly through the library windows. One of my friends did that and said when she did it, she seen a red outlinning of a person hannging from a rope. That just makes me even more curious, don’t you?

October 20, 2007, 1:30 am

amber that is true about the library windows, and the
red outlinning of a person hannging from a rope. I too have seen it. also check all the windows at back of main bldg. I’ve seen two girls. Sometimes they are there. If you see them looking down like they are looking at the road, see if you can see their eyes. Also i’ve seen the girl, the one that got hung in the locker. I’ve also seen and heard other things. You need to ask your friends, and even the janitors, cause i’ve known some of them, and they really don’t like to be there after hours. I also would like to know of any other stories that you know of.

October 20, 2007, 1:33 am

amber get them to write their accounts on here. Please.

October 25, 2007, 1:52 am

POCATELLO HIGH SCHOOL
THE LONGEST LIST OF THE LONGEST STUFF AT THE LONGEST DOMAIN NAME AT LONG LAST
The story of Pocatello High School.

Pocatello High School can be found in Pocatello, Idaho. The school dates back to the early 1900â??s even though it did burn completely to the ground in 1914. The school was rebuilt at the exact same location. In 1939, additions were made to the school including a new gymnasium and more buildings in recent years. Even with all the renovations, the school still has a unique 1916 feel about it.

Not only is the high school one of the oldest buildings still in existence, but it has ghost of the past that are not willing to leave.

Sometime between the 1930â??s and the 1950â??s two best friends, girls, made a suicide pact. No one knows the reason or reasons these girls decided to end their life, however, one of the girls hung herself from her own locker while the other girl was too afraid to stick to her end of the pact. Many people would smell the perfume of the dead girl as they passed by the locker so strong the school finally threw out her locker. However, this did not help release the girlâ??s spirit. The custodial staff has seen her walking the halls and at times, her perfume still lingers in the air.

Science class had a visitor that could not be explained away by reasonable occurrences. At one time, the class used a real skeleton to learn about the bones of the human body. However, the school switched to plastic bones and packed away the real bones. This upset one ghost that would place the real skeleton in the cabinets and other places around the room.

Many people passing by the school have seen faces peering out at them from the library windows and some of back windows.

A visit to the Pocatello High School during the evening hours will give you a special treat as unseen hands will play a concert on the piano in the auditorium.

Sean Montgomery says:

October 27, 2007, 11:11 am

Can I get a direct link to your source tom? I’m not sure I believe all that. What custodians? Fred?

raul says:

October 30, 2007, 3:21 pm

alright id say it is about time this story be investigated by a group of trustworthy people.reason being a lot of people dont realize that our brain are stronger than anything alse in our body causing several abnormal events to happen that really did not.so im going to try to get a group in pocatello highschool who are convinced these stories are false and then if it turns out to be true then ill be inclined to believe this phenomenon.

November 1, 2007, 4:16 am

November 1, 2007, 4:20 am

this is what is found at this site listed under pocatello high school

November 1, 2007, 4:23 am

This is what it says under pocatello high school, at the address i sent you above.

POCATELLO HIGH SCHOOL
THE LONGEST LIST OF THE LONGEST STUFF AT THE LONGEST DOMAIN NAME AT LONG LAST
The story of Pocatello High School.

November 1, 2007, 4:32 am

go to this site click on idaho, then on pocatello high, you will get pic of school, and storie about girls ghost from a suicide pact with her friend. She how ever kept up to her side of pact, her friend however didn’t

November 1, 2007, 4:48 am

Pocatello – Pocatello High School – while working late at night teachers have heard an alarm go of at the stroke of midnight, lasting for about 30 seconds in the vicinity of the old gymnasium. Janitors and administration have no explanation as the alarm sounds different from the modern motion detector alarms installed in the buildings. Apparitions have also been seen.

November 1, 2007, 4:50 am

here is another site for you

November 1, 2007, 4:56 am

i think you should also know idaho spirit seekers, a member of the taps family, and also taps has both been notified about Pocatello Highschool in Pocatello, idaho.

Spot says:

November 13, 2007, 8:34 pm

Tom, I think your a liar. Are you still working there?

Poky Grad says:

December 8, 2007, 7:18 pm

I would first like to say that I hope that anyone reading some of the blogs on this site do not get the impression that all Pocatello High School students write with terrible grammar. Some of us do know how to spell.
I don’t have any big experiences of my own concerning ghosts. However, as a performer in many plays, I spent much of my time slone in the dressing room below the stage. As you go down into the dressing room from the main entrance on the north side of the stage, everything feels normal. As I would walk down the hallway towards the south end, it would definitely get more chilly. Being in that hallway beneath the stage, as well as the storage room on the south side, gave me an unexplicable feeling. I don’t know what it is, and I don’t neccessarily claim that it is supernatural, but it is definitely a feeling that is eery and I have never felt anywhere else. It would literally chill me to the bone.

john mitrik says:

February 19, 2008, 1:54 am

i’m a freshman at poky and i’ve seen a real ghost in the biology teacher’s room the year before i went there. i think it would be really benifical if ghosthunters came to our school…..the custodian has told me that he has smelled perfume of the girl that killed herself!

the ghost i saw however was a light gray translucent figure about 5’8″ i saw it for about 10 seconds and it vanished leaving a very pungent smell that i cannot describe at first i thought nothing of it but now i realize it was a real ghost.

DIRRRTY JOE says:

April 6, 2008, 6:20 pm

to those of you who say it isn’t haunted, you don’t know ****. u can’t just expect the spirits to come to you, they will come when you least expect it. faith and knowledge is the key.
i went to phs in my junior year and the first 2 weeks of my senior year before i was expelled. i felt the presence of the girl who killed herself in the 30’s-50’s. a couple of times i would be walking through the halls minding my own business and i can smell her deathly perfume. one of my friends has seen her twice.
if u say i’m crazy or just downright dumb, **** you! the dead can still communicate in many ways. it’s kinda like talking to god on a 2-way radio.
phs is not the only place i have encountered spirits. a close friend of mine knows of spirits in her house. encounters varied from metallica’s “enter sandman” playing from her boombox, the motherfucker wasn’t plugged in nor did it have batteries. one spirit lives in one of the rooms, and her 22-month-old son won’t go in that room at all because of it.
if you lack of faith and be all mr. bigshot about the phs hauntings, you are the dumbass and u have no respect for the dead.

liddy says:

May 7, 2008, 7:11 am

We would love to come to the school and do an investigation. Does anyone know who I would talk to and possibly set something up?

william strength says:

May 26, 2008, 6:46 am

look i dont know if poky is haunted or not, but i do know that i have seen some really freaky stuff when i was walking by it on garfield st on a couple of different occaisions also a few times that i passed by the old stanrod house so who knows.

i like ghosts says:

May 28, 2008, 1:49 am

Hey liddy are you a part of a ghost hunter group? if so which one? have you tried contacting pocatello high school? any luck? i’m just curious…

tammy says:

September 7, 2008, 12:55 am

If you don’t believe that Poky is haunted, then you are a fool. How can a school be that old and not be haunted? Only a fool would think different.

Brandon Blundell says:

September 10, 2008, 7:04 pm

hehe, I’m a Freshman there, but I haven’t seen anything there yet, yet Irving middle School, a few streets away I’ve had a few Encounters, and I’ve actually seen and heard a ghost, and the most common way to tell if someplace is haunted is to voice Record go around the school, one room at a time and ask for their names. Of course, my friend says what we heard was fake and it was the wind, yet how can wind make two different words, and be fake, well actually more but I couldn’t hear anythingelse and now I can’t hear it because after the last time we did the EVP’s My friend’s antenna got tooken off, he didn’t take it off, and his Phone’s Memory, guess what, IT WAS F***ING ERASED!!! I even had my own EVP, but now the voices I heard on it are F***ING GONE! So yeah, When I see/hear a ghost at poky, I’ll submit it here.

Bethany Wells says:

December 1, 2008, 1:26 pm

I am now a Sophomore at Poky High and I can tell you that the school is most definately haunted. I have seen about six ghosts and had contact with two of them. There is a girl in the auditorium that I have spoken with, and she touched me on the shoulders once. She is a very nice girl, but she is troubled. I’m not sure if I can help her to move on, bt I will do what I can.

lexus says:

March 6, 2009, 5:09 pm

to be honest i never believed in ghost until i turned 14 and my mom took me and my cousins to th stanley hotel(the hotel in The Shining) and i never for got what happened…its hard to sleep now because i always think im going to see something again or hear noise….to people who dont believe in ghost like how i didnt….believe me,anything can happen,just not to you…it just might take a while for you to find out

Sarah says:

April 17, 2009, 6:08 pm

Wow, buildings could really trap sounds and play them back? Are you talking about echoes, Ashley? I wonder if it’s true….makes me think of pockets of air under snow that people can use to breathe if they’re in an avalanche. But pockets of long-time ago sound? Hmm…I’m not sure about that, not to be rude or say you made it up or anything. I have to admit it sounds neat. Lol I haven’t seen that episode of Ghost Hunters but I want to now! :) It’s my mom’s and my favorite show about ghosts.

luis says:

May 17, 2009, 2:05 pm

one day i was in that school a ive heard many stories about the area but i thought it was not true till i was in the stage area were the teacher told me the paper work was there i heard a cry in the closet i thought it was a staff member or student but when i went to go check there was nothin as i looked around i felt a cold breeze pass right through me i got scared and fell, causein the paper work to go all over the ground while i was pickin them up i seen a shadow pass in back of me thats when i left a ran through to door shakin luckly the janitor checked it out and didnt see nothin ever sinse that day i dont go alone.

Alex Cummins says:

May 21, 2009, 2:32 pm

I go to poky and i havent heard of anything. but that’d be really awesome if its haunted. i need to go there at night.

Sarah says:

May 21, 2009, 11:02 pm

I actually went to Poky for a few classes once and heard some rumors like there was a janitor that worked there and died when he fell or got pushed into a furnace in the basement. Naturally the rumors also say the basements and school are haunted by him as well. I’ve also heard it might not be true because the furnaces are too small or something for a person to fall into (either way I don’t know though). I haven’t had any experiences there, really, but once I did find a spot that creeped me out. The creepy spot was around the lunchroom I think–it is a door that looks like it’s blocked off and really old. Poky’s an old school though so I guess that’s to be expected, but it was one of those times that you get a bad vibe, you know?

I don’t recommend going to Poky alone at night, Alex, or if you are planning on going, take a bunch of people. But the school’s probably all locked at night anyway, and it could be dangerous.

I’ve stayed at a hotel in Canada, the Kilmori Hotel, that was rumored to be haunted. I had sort of an experience there. It was in the summer but there was a snowstorm that knocked the power out so there were only candles lighting the hotel. I went for a walk through the hotel with my mom and we ended up at a small staircase in the very back of the hotel and I saw a weird black figure in front of me. It looked like a person figure but didn’t move. I left after that and didn’t look back. Before I knew that it was haunted I felt uncomfortable being in the rooms when they were all dark, but most people would feel that way, huh?

A friend told me she was going at night to investigate some old dorms on campus that people thought were haunted and I hoped she wouldn’t mostly because weirdos could be hanging around. I think she ended up not going.

Jenna says:

June 9, 2009, 6:56 pm

My mom and I have been driving, around mid-summer about 7pm we stopped in front of PHS because my mom was waiting for someone she had to pick up, my mom introduced that that was Pocatello High, adn that she went there. Her and I looked at the window and saw a boy looking out with blood- red hand prints, he looked beaten, and then gradually faded. My mom and I will never forget our excpierence at PHS.

Amber says:

October 31, 2009, 1:45 pm

I do not believe its haunted ive been there at nights in the most scary places and nothing happened to me i believe in ghosts but i beilve its not haunted

Tom (Coach) Harrison says:

November 29, 2009, 2:23 am

l like to eat out bull hole ;]] and to get my ****** and gooch hair waxed lol :]]

Chris Randell says:

November 29, 2009, 2:33 am

i hear you coach. ps my bull hole still hurts from last night with ur balls smackin my *** all night long… pss i’m gonna get u back with my double sided dill dole that rotates 90 degrees… psss i’m gonna do that felching tonight ;]]]

SEIPO says:

December 16, 2009, 6:30 pm

Pocatello High had it’s first paranormal investigation done recently by the Southeast Idaho Paranormal Organisation or SEIPO. It was chosen by the Idaho State Journal as Southeast Idaho’s most haunted location. To see the findings go to http://www.SEIPO.org.

K Dub says:

December 21, 2009, 8:42 pm

Why does this say Oakdale, Connecticut?

David Marquez says:

September 15, 2010, 12:48 am

Hey if it is haunted that is not good, but if isn’t well does it really matter? If it is haunted, i personally believe if the ghost is trying to make you afraid then get rid of it, because it is of the Devil. Yet, if it doesn’t exist then let us not bother ourselves because it holds no importance for us.

beer says:

October 3, 2010, 11:28 am

Haunted school huh..have u kids ever seen ghosts dancin’ on the beach?

Katie Tonks says:

October 17, 2010, 12:47 am

Well out of boredom I came to this website and read some of your comments. I find them quite amusing I went to poky class of ’07 baby! Anyways so my sisters went there my brother, my dad, my aunts and uncles, some great aunts and great uncles, 2nd cousins, and shot my grandpa worked there. None of them have said anything about it being haunted I’ve heard the stories but never saw or heard anything. And i find it funny every year around halloween we have our pocatello ghost busters go threw the school. Trust me people their just fun ghost stories.

leikyn moore a.k.a leo says:

January 4, 2011, 4:54 pm

I am currently a Freshman at Poky High have been loving it so far, I have heard many stories about the auditorium an locker room and things as such being haunted. My older brother went to Poky he would always tell me ghost stories about poky to scar me. For example I have heard about the two boys hanging themselves becuase they were supposedly in love with these two other girls, and, i have heard about the mines underneath Poky, the little girl venturing underneath and loosing her way and dieing but I have no clue I have never actually seen any of this but i know when i read and heard the stories about poky high it sent chills ran down my spine…

-Leikyn Moore

Amy Jones says:

February 15, 2011, 2:28 am

I do not believe; nor disbelieve, in ghosts. I did attend Poky High; graduating in 1992. I had a friend in the 10th grade who was active in choir, and would go in early to practice. She had an experience one morning while walking down the hall that she said she felt something push her from behind; and then again a few weeks later in the auditorium that really shook her up. She ended up dropping out of High School and got her GED and went to college very shortly after the second experience. All she said was that she would never again step foot into that school.

Sam says:

August 5, 2011, 5:11 pm

I am a senior at Poky. My Second year at poky I was going to the choir room. There is an entrance to the auditorium right by where I walked. I looked down the stairs and by the door I saw a girl. I looked way thinking nothing of it. when I heard crying to I turned around to ask if she was okay and there was no one there. I would have heard her leave. So I for one believe poky is haunted!

CT Resident says:

October 22, 2011, 9:59 pm

Pocatello High School is definitely not in Connecticut… you need to adjust this category! Oakdale isn’t even a town in CT; it’s just a section of Montville.

Cowgirl says:

November 30, 2011, 11:13 pm

i have been in the auditorium,in the middle of the day, with my choir and glanced up to the balcony and saw a woman standing on the edge of the balcony with a rope around her neck. I blinked and she was gone i know no one wold believe that but i know what i saw and so did one more guy in my class at the same time, he was freaking out and wanted to know if anyone else saw it.So you can say the stories arent real but if you ask anyone who has been there for longer than 2 years they will most likely tell you yes it is haunted.

l.goddard says:

January 29, 2012, 1:34 pm

iwent to school there before the remodel,and heard tons of stories,if ghosts were gonna hang out somewhere poky would be the place,,,,,i would of loved to put an evp when it was being remodeled,

Michael says:

May 22, 2013, 7:02 pm

I think pocaletto is located in Idaho not oak dale ct

Autumn says:

July 22, 2013, 1:38 pm

This school is in Pocatello, Idaho. I went there from 1990-1993 (Freshmen were a part of Junior High back then, and didn’t go to high school). UI was Student Body Sec/Treas and we had the privelege of taking detailed tours of the building – places most students don’t ever get to see. Whether or not you believe there are ghosts and if the school is haunted, the stories here that I’ve read in this thread are mostly all incorrect and stray from the original stories. Also, the school was originally built in 1892, not 1893, a bond measure was passed by the people of Pocatello in April 1892 to finish it. The first student to graduate did so in 1893, so technically I was a part of the graduating class 100 years later. Although, they celebrated 100 years in 1992 and some of us ’93s weren’t too happy about it. Additions to the building were made in 1901 and 1903, and it burned due to a problem with the boiler (to heat the building) in December of 1914, leaving just the basic framework, which was kept. At that time, the school was re-built. In the ’30s, the north and south wings were added – the new walls cutting off a staircase that now “leads nowhere” and is hidden behind the newer walls. The auditorium has a tiny apartment where caretakers once lived behind the meszzanine level, and there are a couple stories of deaths occurring in the dressing rooms below the stage – the ghosts haunt the mezzanine and the dressing rooms and the areas around and under the stage. Another prior student mentioned that you can go under the floors of the auditorium and that he reached up through holes and grabbed ankles – back in the 70s. My sisters did that, too, in the early 90s!! Troublemakers!! Haha. The city of Pocatello has a network of tunnels connecting old buildings underground, and I believe PHS is included – ghost stories commence. There is a story of a girl hanging herself in a locker (the lockers were much bigger, a person could easily fit inside) – and apparently she haunts the hidden staircase and the library. You can smell her perfume and see her shape in the library windows. There is no ghost story involving one you can see on the roof. I don’t know where that came from. I wish there were more accounts of actual history of my alma mater. It’s a beautiful building and has been preserved quite well. “We’re loyal to you, Poky High!!”

Green Alan says:

November 25, 2013, 2:59 am

House haunted issue is forgotten in my home i remember vividly that our house was haunted because there is suicide and we always hear a strange voice at night this really put us in total dilemma until we met with Evangelist Bill that use spiritual way to cleanse the house since then we are free from ghost his email is barrbillmooneynewwalkchambersllp@outlook.com

Krista says:

January 9, 2015, 2:07 am

Go to YouTube and search for “Poky Ghost”. They caught an apparition on security footage. It’s pretty convincing.