Pocatello High School

Oakdale, Connecticut

Built in 1893, this high school is shrouded by a number of ghost stories. Two of the stories involve the locker room just beneath the stage. In one case, the lead actress in a play was strangled in the locker room by a jealous understudy. The understudy simply went on the stage and took the murdered girl’s place. If one stands on the balcony at night and shines a red light on center stage, he will be confront by a girl in a polka dot dress. In the other story, a girl was waiting for an audition and was raped and killed by an unknown man. Today, if one is in the locker room when all is quiet, he will hear rapid breathing and faint moans. Often, there are allegedly cool breezes accompanied by the feeling of fingers brushing lightly across the neck and shoulders.

« · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · Next » ·

tom says:

November 1, 2007, 4:16 am

tom says:

November 1, 2007, 4:20 am

this is what is found at this site listed under pocatello high school

tom says:

November 1, 2007, 4:23 am

This is what it says under pocatello high school, at the address i sent you above.

POCATELLO HIGH SCHOOL
THE LONGEST LIST OF THE LONGEST STUFF AT THE LONGEST DOMAIN NAME AT LONG LAST
The story of Pocatello High School.

Pocatello High School can be found in Pocatello, Idaho. The school dates back to the early 1900’s even though it did burn completely to the ground in 1914. The school was rebuilt at the exact same location. In 1939, additions were made to the school including a new gymnasium and more buildings in recent years. Even with all the renovations, the school still has a unique 1916 feel about it.

Not only is the high school one of the oldest buildings still in existence, but it has ghost of the past that are not willing to leave.

Sometime between the 1930’s and the 1950’s two best friends, girls, made a suicide pact. No one knows the reason or reasons these girls decided to end their life, however, one of the girls hung herself from her own locker while the other girl was too afraid to stick to her end of the pact. Many people would smell the perfume of the dead girl as they passed by the locker so strong the school finally threw out her locker. However, this did not help release the girl’s spirit. The custodial staff has seen her walking the halls and at times, her perfume still lingers in the air.

Science class had a visitor that could not be explained away by reasonable occurrences. At one time, the class used a real skeleton to learn about the bones of the human body. However, the school switched to plastic bones and packed away the real bones. This upset one ghost that would place the real skeleton in the cabinets and other places around the room.

Many people passing by the school have seen faces peering out at them from the library windows and some of back windows.

A visit to the Pocatello High School during the evening hours will give you a special treat as unseen hands will play a concert on the piano in the auditorium.

tom says:

November 1, 2007, 4:32 am

go to this site click on idaho, then on pocatello high, you will get pic of school, and storie about girls ghost from a suicide pact with her friend. She how ever kept up to her side of pact, her friend however didn’t

tom says:

November 1, 2007, 4:48 am

Pocatello – Pocatello High School – while working late at night teachers have heard an alarm go of at the stroke of midnight, lasting for about 30 seconds in the vicinity of the old gymnasium. Janitors and administration have no explanation as the alarm sounds different from the modern motion detector alarms installed in the buildings. Apparitions have also been seen.

tom says:

November 1, 2007, 4:50 am

here is another site for you

tom says:

November 1, 2007, 4:56 am

i think you should also know idaho spirit seekers, a member of the taps family, and also taps has both been notified about Pocatello Highschool in Pocatello, idaho.

Spot says:

November 13, 2007, 8:34 pm

Tom, I think your a liar. Are you still working there?

Poky Grad says:

December 8, 2007, 7:18 pm

I would first like to say that I hope that anyone reading some of the blogs on this site do not get the impression that all Pocatello High School students write with terrible grammar. Some of us do know how to spell.
I don’t have any big experiences of my own concerning ghosts. However, as a performer in many plays, I spent much of my time slone in the dressing room below the stage. As you go down into the dressing room from the main entrance on the north side of the stage, everything feels normal. As I would walk down the hallway towards the south end, it would definitely get more chilly. Being in that hallway beneath the stage, as well as the storage room on the south side, gave me an unexplicable feeling. I don’t know what it is, and I don’t neccessarily claim that it is supernatural, but it is definitely a feeling that is eery and I have never felt anywhere else. It would literally chill me to the bone.

john mitrik says:

February 19, 2008, 1:54 am

i’m a freshman at poky and i’ve seen a real ghost in the biology teacher’s room the year before i went there. i think it would be really benifical if ghosthunters came to our school…..the custodian has told me that he has smelled perfume of the girl that killed herself!

the ghost i saw however was a light gray translucent figure about 5’8″ i saw it for about 10 seconds and it vanished leaving a very pungent smell that i cannot describe at first i thought nothing of it but now i realize it was a real ghost.

DIRRRTY JOE says:

April 6, 2008, 6:20 pm

to those of you who say it isn’t haunted, you don’t know ****. u can’t just expect the spirits to come to you, they will come when you least expect it. faith and knowledge is the key.
i went to phs in my junior year and the first 2 weeks of my senior year before i was expelled. i felt the presence of the girl who killed herself in the 30′s-50′s. a couple of times i would be walking through the halls minding my own business and i can smell her deathly perfume. one of my friends has seen her twice.
if u say i’m crazy or just downright dumb, **** you! the dead can still communicate in many ways. it’s kinda like talking to god on a 2-way radio.
phs is not the only place i have encountered spirits. a close friend of mine knows of spirits in her house. encounters varied from metallica’s “enter sandman” playing from her boombox, the motherfucker wasn’t plugged in nor did it have batteries. one spirit lives in one of the rooms, and her 22-month-old son won’t go in that room at all because of it.
if you lack of faith and be all mr. bigshot about the phs hauntings, you are the dumbass and u have no respect for the dead.

liddy says:

May 7, 2008, 7:11 am

We would love to come to the school and do an investigation. Does anyone know who I would talk to and possibly set something up?

william strength says:

May 26, 2008, 6:46 am

look i dont know if poky is haunted or not, but i do know that i have seen some really freaky stuff when i was walking by it on garfield st on a couple of different occaisions also a few times that i passed by the old stanrod house so who knows.

i like ghosts says:

May 28, 2008, 1:49 am

Hey liddy are you a part of a ghost hunter group? if so which one? have you tried contacting pocatello high school? any luck? i’m just curious…

tammy says:

September 7, 2008, 12:55 am

If you don’t believe that Poky is haunted, then you are a fool. How can a school be that old and not be haunted? Only a fool would think different.

Brandon Blundell says:

September 10, 2008, 7:04 pm

hehe, I’m a Freshman there, but I haven’t seen anything there yet, yet Irving middle School, a few streets away I’ve had a few Encounters, and I’ve actually seen and heard a ghost, and the most common way to tell if someplace is haunted is to voice Record go around the school, one room at a time and ask for their names. Of course, my friend says what we heard was fake and it was the wind, yet how can wind make two different words, and be fake, well actually more but I couldn’t hear anythingelse and now I can’t hear it because after the last time we did the EVP’s My friend’s antenna got tooken off, he didn’t take it off, and his Phone’s Memory, guess what, IT WAS F***ING ERASED!!! I even had my own EVP, but now the voices I heard on it are F***ING GONE! So yeah, When I see/hear a ghost at poky, I’ll submit it here.

Bethany Wells says:

December 1, 2008, 1:26 pm

I am now a Sophomore at Poky High and I can tell you that the school is most definately haunted. I have seen about six ghosts and had contact with two of them. There is a girl in the auditorium that I have spoken with, and she touched me on the shoulders once. She is a very nice girl, but she is troubled. I’m not sure if I can help her to move on, bt I will do what I can.

lexus says:

March 6, 2009, 5:09 pm

to be honest i never believed in ghost until i turned 14 and my mom took me and my cousins to th stanley hotel(the hotel in The Shining) and i never for got what happened…its hard to sleep now because i always think im going to see something again or hear noise….to people who dont believe in ghost like how i didnt….believe me,anything can happen,just not to you…it just might take a while for you to find out

Sarah says:

April 17, 2009, 6:08 pm

Wow, buildings could really trap sounds and play them back? Are you talking about echoes, Ashley? I wonder if it’s true….makes me think of pockets of air under snow that people can use to breathe if they’re in an avalanche. But pockets of long-time ago sound? Hmm…I’m not sure about that, not to be rude or say you made it up or anything. I have to admit it sounds neat. Lol I haven’t seen that episode of Ghost Hunters but I want to now! :) It’s my mom’s and my favorite show about ghosts.

luis says:

May 17, 2009, 2:05 pm

one day i was in that school a ive heard many stories about the area but i thought it was not true till i was in the stage area were the teacher told me the paper work was there i heard a cry in the closet i thought it was a staff member or student but when i went to go check there was nothin as i looked around i felt a cold breeze pass right through me i got scared and fell, causein the paper work to go all over the ground while i was pickin them up i seen a shadow pass in back of me thats when i left a ran through to door shakin luckly the janitor checked it out and didnt see nothin ever sinse that day i dont go alone.

« · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · Next » ·