Pocatello High School

Oakdale, Connecticut

Built in 1893, this high school is shrouded by a number of ghost stories. Two of the stories involve the locker room just beneath the stage. In one case, the lead actress in a play was strangled in the locker room by a jealous understudy. The understudy simply went on the stage and took the murdered girl’s place. If one stands on the balcony at night and shines a red light on center stage, he will be confront by a girl in a polka dot dress. In the other story, a girl was waiting for an audition and was raped and killed by an unknown man. Today, if one is in the locker room when all is quiet, he will hear rapid breathing and faint moans. Often, there are allegedly cool breezes accompanied by the feeling of fingers brushing lightly across the neck and shoulders.

« · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] ·

Alex Cummins says:

May 21, 2009, 2:32 pm

I go to poky and i havent heard of anything. but that’d be really awesome if its haunted. i need to go there at night.

Sarah says:

May 21, 2009, 11:02 pm

I actually went to Poky for a few classes once and heard some rumors like there was a janitor that worked there and died when he fell or got pushed into a furnace in the basement. Naturally the rumors also say the basements and school are haunted by him as well. I’ve also heard it might not be true because the furnaces are too small or something for a person to fall into (either way I don’t know though). I haven’t had any experiences there, really, but once I did find a spot that creeped me out. The creepy spot was around the lunchroom I think–it is a door that looks like it’s blocked off and really old. Poky’s an old school though so I guess that’s to be expected, but it was one of those times that you get a bad vibe, you know?

I don’t recommend going to Poky alone at night, Alex, or if you are planning on going, take a bunch of people. But the school’s probably all locked at night anyway, and it could be dangerous.

I’ve stayed at a hotel in Canada, the Kilmori Hotel, that was rumored to be haunted. I had sort of an experience there. It was in the summer but there was a snowstorm that knocked the power out so there were only candles lighting the hotel. I went for a walk through the hotel with my mom and we ended up at a small staircase in the very back of the hotel and I saw a weird black figure in front of me. It looked like a person figure but didn’t move. I left after that and didn’t look back. Before I knew that it was haunted I felt uncomfortable being in the rooms when they were all dark, but most people would feel that way, huh?

A friend told me she was going at night to investigate some old dorms on campus that people thought were haunted and I hoped she wouldn’t mostly because weirdos could be hanging around. I think she ended up not going.

Jenna says:

June 9, 2009, 6:56 pm

My mom and I have been driving, around mid-summer about 7pm we stopped in front of PHS because my mom was waiting for someone she had to pick up, my mom introduced that that was Pocatello High, adn that she went there. Her and I looked at the window and saw a boy looking out with blood- red hand prints, he looked beaten, and then gradually faded. My mom and I will never forget our excpierence at PHS.

Amber says:

October 31, 2009, 1:45 pm

I do not believe its haunted ive been there at nights in the most scary places and nothing happened to me i believe in ghosts but i beilve its not haunted

Tom (Coach) Harrison says:

November 29, 2009, 2:23 am

l like to eat out bull hole ;]] and to get my ****** and gooch hair waxed lol :]]

Chris Randell says:

November 29, 2009, 2:33 am

i hear you coach. ps my bull hole still hurts from last night with ur balls smackin my *** all night long… pss i’m gonna get u back with my double sided dill dole that rotates 90 degrees… psss i’m gonna do that felching tonight ;]]]

SEIPO says:

December 16, 2009, 6:30 pm

Pocatello High had it’s first paranormal investigation done recently by the Southeast Idaho Paranormal Organisation or SEIPO. It was chosen by the Idaho State Journal as Southeast Idaho’s most haunted location. To see the findings go to http://www.SEIPO.org.

K Dub says:

December 21, 2009, 8:42 pm

Why does this say Oakdale, Connecticut?

David Marquez says:

September 15, 2010, 12:48 am

Hey if it is haunted that is not good, but if isn’t well does it really matter? If it is haunted, i personally believe if the ghost is trying to make you afraid then get rid of it, because it is of the Devil. Yet, if it doesn’t exist then let us not bother ourselves because it holds no importance for us.

beer says:

October 3, 2010, 11:28 am

Haunted school huh..have u kids ever seen ghosts dancin’ on the beach?

Katie Tonks says:

October 17, 2010, 12:47 am

Well out of boredom I came to this website and read some of your comments. I find them quite amusing I went to poky class of ’07 baby! Anyways so my sisters went there my brother, my dad, my aunts and uncles, some great aunts and great uncles, 2nd cousins, and shot my grandpa worked there. None of them have said anything about it being haunted I’ve heard the stories but never saw or heard anything. And i find it funny every year around halloween we have our pocatello ghost busters go threw the school. Trust me people their just fun ghost stories.

leikyn moore a.k.a leo says:

January 4, 2011, 4:54 pm

I am currently a Freshman at Poky High have been loving it so far, I have heard many stories about the auditorium an locker room and things as such being haunted. My older brother went to Poky he would always tell me ghost stories about poky to scar me. For example I have heard about the two boys hanging themselves becuase they were supposedly in love with these two other girls, and, i have heard about the mines underneath Poky, the little girl venturing underneath and loosing her way and dieing but I have no clue I have never actually seen any of this but i know when i read and heard the stories about poky high it sent chills ran down my spine…

-Leikyn Moore

Amy Jones says:

February 15, 2011, 2:28 am

I do not believe; nor disbelieve, in ghosts. I did attend Poky High; graduating in 1992. I had a friend in the 10th grade who was active in choir, and would go in early to practice. She had an experience one morning while walking down the hall that she said she felt something push her from behind; and then again a few weeks later in the auditorium that really shook her up. She ended up dropping out of High School and got her GED and went to college very shortly after the second experience. All she said was that she would never again step foot into that school.

Sam says:

August 5, 2011, 5:11 pm

I am a senior at Poky. My Second year at poky I was going to the choir room. There is an entrance to the auditorium right by where I walked. I looked down the stairs and by the door I saw a girl. I looked way thinking nothing of it. when I heard crying to I turned around to ask if she was okay and there was no one there. I would have heard her leave. So I for one believe poky is haunted!

CT Resident says:

October 22, 2011, 9:59 pm

Pocatello High School is definitely not in Connecticut… you need to adjust this category! Oakdale isn’t even a town in CT; it’s just a section of Montville.

Cowgirl says:

November 30, 2011, 11:13 pm

i have been in the auditorium,in the middle of the day, with my choir and glanced up to the balcony and saw a woman standing on the edge of the balcony with a rope around her neck. I blinked and she was gone i know no one wold believe that but i know what i saw and so did one more guy in my class at the same time, he was freaking out and wanted to know if anyone else saw it.So you can say the stories arent real but if you ask anyone who has been there for longer than 2 years they will most likely tell you yes it is haunted.

l.goddard says:

January 29, 2012, 1:34 pm

iwent to school there before the remodel,and heard tons of stories,if ghosts were gonna hang out somewhere poky would be the place,,,,,i would of loved to put an evp when it was being remodeled,

Michael says:

May 22, 2013, 7:02 pm

I think pocaletto is located in Idaho not oak dale ct

Autumn says:

July 22, 2013, 1:38 pm

This school is in Pocatello, Idaho. I went there from 1990-1993 (Freshmen were a part of Junior High back then, and didn’t go to high school). UI was Student Body Sec/Treas and we had the privelege of taking detailed tours of the building – places most students don’t ever get to see. Whether or not you believe there are ghosts and if the school is haunted, the stories here that I’ve read in this thread are mostly all incorrect and stray from the original stories. Also, the school was originally built in 1892, not 1893, a bond measure was passed by the people of Pocatello in April 1892 to finish it. The first student to graduate did so in 1893, so technically I was a part of the graduating class 100 years later. Although, they celebrated 100 years in 1992 and some of us ’93s weren’t too happy about it. Additions to the building were made in 1901 and 1903, and it burned due to a problem with the boiler (to heat the building) in December of 1914, leaving just the basic framework, which was kept. At that time, the school was re-built. In the ’30s, the north and south wings were added – the new walls cutting off a staircase that now “leads nowhere” and is hidden behind the newer walls. The auditorium has a tiny apartment where caretakers once lived behind the meszzanine level, and there are a couple stories of deaths occurring in the dressing rooms below the stage – the ghosts haunt the mezzanine and the dressing rooms and the areas around and under the stage. Another prior student mentioned that you can go under the floors of the auditorium and that he reached up through holes and grabbed ankles – back in the 70s. My sisters did that, too, in the early 90s!! Troublemakers!! Haha. The city of Pocatello has a network of tunnels connecting old buildings underground, and I believe PHS is included – ghost stories commence. There is a story of a girl hanging herself in a locker (the lockers were much bigger, a person could easily fit inside) – and apparently she haunts the hidden staircase and the library. You can smell her perfume and see her shape in the library windows. There is no ghost story involving one you can see on the roof. I don’t know where that came from. I wish there were more accounts of actual history of my alma mater. It’s a beautiful building and has been preserved quite well. “We’re loyal to you, Poky High!!”

Green Alan says:

November 25, 2013, 2:59 am

House haunted issue is forgotten in my home i remember vividly that our house was haunted because there is suicide and we always hear a strange voice at night this really put us in total dilemma until we met with Evangelist Bill that use spiritual way to cleanse the house since then we are free from ghost his email is barrbillmooneynewwalkchambersllp@outlook.com

« · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] ·